Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

He was in her house, probably expected the inevitable and had decided in advance on his course of action.
I believe LE announced their presence, doesn't take long to run upstairs and hit that pre-prepared trigger and POOOP... kingdom come instantly.
Thing is , prison means living... he chose death for himself. Why?
Because prison is worse than death.

Husband of influencer who was killed last year kills himself after cops knocked door | Daily Mail Online

Police described Sharkey as 'evasive' throughout the investigation, saying he left Texas not long after his wife's death. Detectives made efforts in late July and early August to meet with him while he was living in Georgia, but he suddenly no-showed and dropped out of contact, coming up with what officials called a 'bizarre' explanation for his disappearance.

Friends revealed after her death that she was trying to file for divorce from her husband and that he had allegedly abused her. Detectives confirmed that while divorce papers had not been filed, there was evidence that it was going to happen soon.

I always thought it was him. It just made sense. I had literally no reason to believe Alexis' friends were planting stories and seeking attention for themselves. <modsnip>

If I had a friend that told me about her husband choking her and she shows up dead, naked, on the side of the road... choked to death, I wouldn't shut up about it either. I would be on EVERY. SINGLE. social media platform, the media, etc.

Yeah, they probably didn't actually know she was strangled to death right away but knowing that her husband, who was a giant guy, was strangling her, I would make some noise about it too. For my friend, not because I wanted attention for myself.

Tom Sharkey is a piece of you know what, he murdered Alexis and victmized his own daughter buy killing himself in her home. Oh, and let's not forget how he didn't want to let Alexis' mother to see her body or take her to Pennsylvania. Disgusting, evil.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS was not credible, right from the beginning. He told more than 1 story and was avoiding police.

Statistically, the most vulnerable times for a woman in a relationship are when she's pregnant or when she's done with the relationship and moving on. Taking back control of one's life or when the spousal partner is no longer the center of their (usually wife's) world, ugly things can happen, as we see way too often.

<modsnip>

Well, it's something I actually did once, so it is a believable scenario.

That is of course, if it's not part of a story told by the estranged husband of a missing woman, who had also shared with some friends there was some abuse going on, and then turned up deceased. o_O

So sorry for Alexis' family, and for TS's daughter and daughter's boyfriend. So much tragedy and trauma for both families.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he left a note of some sort, but it stands to reason that he took his own life because he was guilty of killing Alexis.

I hope so too, although not sure I could believe a word in it since he told the media, LE, friends and family nothing but a pack of lies. I'm thinking the chance of that happening is slim. I think most people that leave suicide notes write them just before the act. I would just be surprised if anyone dying by suicide (I'm not talking about TS) would write a note months in advance. TS wasn't planning on the act at that moment. IMO he simply had a loaded gun IF LE came for him at some point. That is why he headed upstairs. It's where he kept the gun (likely his bedroom). So I can't see him writing a note, to be found sometime in the future IF LE came for him. I'm putting my money on us not seeing a note in the media.

Husband ‘Wanted’ for Instagram Influencer’s Murder Kills Himself as Authorities Close In

The Houston Police Department said Wednesday that Tom Sharkey, the husband of the 26-year-old Texas influencer, was found fatally shot in the head inside his daughter’s Fort Myers home just before midnight on Tuesday. He was found by Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force members who were executing an arrest warrant in connection with his wife’s murder last November.

“The investigation determined that Thomas Sharkey, her husband, was the only person who had the means, motive, and opportunity to have committed the murder,” Houston Police Sgt. Michael Burrow said during a media briefing on Wednesday, adding that they eliminated other suspects during the probe, including some that were “brought up by Mr. Sharkey.”

“We established that there was history of domestic violence between the two of them and that their relationship was ending—that there was a pending divorce,” Burrow added.

During the investigation, Sharkey’s husband “had not been truthful about certain key issues and statements that he made to police.” Eventually, Burrow said authorities had enough evidence to issue a warrant for his arrest on Sept. 29.

At approximately 10 p.m. on Tuesday, the fugitive task force was initially able to speak with Tom Sharkey but he “avoided them and ran upstairs...and he took his own life using a firearm.”

“No one else is suspected of any involvement in the case. No one else is under investigation,” Burrow added on Wednesday. “We have clear evidence that Mr. Sharkey acted alone.”

Some people will absolutely run out the back door and jump the fence. Husbands are unfairly attacked by crime buffs all the time but in this case once the cause of death was established as strangulation after her friends had shared the story of him making a habit of choking her into unconsciousness and leaving her on the bathroom floor (and she was found naked and wet) I was pretty sure it was him.

Sister of influencer found strangled to death in Texas still demands justice | Daily Mail Online

10/7/21

Marshals issued a warrant for his arrest on September 29, and had tracked Thomas down to his daughter's home the day before they went to arrest him.

Officials say Thomas ran up the stairs moments after cops knocked on the door.

His daughter and her boyfriend opened the door and walked out, and when investigators went inside they found their father dead.

US Marshals confirmed Thomas' death to KHOU 11 Wednesday morning. They've yet to confirm it was a suicide, but say no suspects are being sought over the shooting.

Houston police revealed that their investigation determined that Tom was the only person with the 'means, motive and opportunity' to have committed Alexis' murder.

Alexis Sharkey's family has a message for her husband's loved ones after his suicide

We definitely would give our condolences to Tom's family because they're so innocent in all of this. I'm sure they're very sad, especially for his daughter, for how that went down. I just really thought that it would end with a trial and that he would come in and make his case. He chose not go that way," said Robinault. "I will admit. We have felt that Tom was guilty of this from pretty much the beginning. Loss of life is never good. I do feel like in a way he did serve himself justice."

Alexis Sharkey's family has a message for her husband's loved ones after his suicide

Robinault said she asked Tom for her daughter's items in the weeks after she was found dead. She said when he left Texas, she was told by apartment management that Tom's friends cleaned out the couple's west Houston apartment.

"It was heartbreaking when everything settled and it was time for us to get her belongings, the heirlooms that she had ... that were our family's. Just to have a touch of her as an adult. Nothing. It's all gone. It was all taken from the apartment. We asked Tom for it many times. He would tell us, 'I'll get it to you. I'm going through it.' Then he ghosted us. We have no idea where any of it's at," said Robinault. "We begged him for her cats because they were like her children. We just wanted to have something. We just wanted to have something of hers."

Robinault is asking anyone with knowledge on where the items and the animals went to reach out to her family. She'd love to have them back in her possession to remember her daughter.

Robinault said the husband refused to claim his wife's body from the medical examiner's office, forcing her family to wait weeks to claim Alexis' body.

"I don't understand. I don't understand why you would ever leave your loved one in there any longer than they have to be," said Robinault. "It was so bizarre. It was so disheartening. It was a double hit. We're dealing with the loss of our daughter. We're dealing with a son-in-law that is doing everything opposite of showing that he's sad that she's gone and that he wishes we could figure out what happened. It was very difficult, very challenging, and extremely excruciating."

Robinault said since her daughter's murder she's read books and done research on domestic violence. She never experienced it herself. She said now looking back at Tom Sharkey's behavior toward her daughter he showed "incredibly controlling attributes."

also from alexis' mom @ the link above:

"We had red flags from the beginning because she went 'missing' on Friday," said Robinault. "We never heard from Tom until Saturday evening. That was after her friends called the police and he was questioned. He knew we were going to hear about it, then he called us. He never communicated with us until, kind of, his feet were against the fire. They were ugly conversations. Not of .. 'I'm so sorry and I miss her so much. Condolences and what can we do.' It was nothing like you would expect from someone that was desperate about the loss of his wife. Every conversation was how horrible she was and how wonderful he was, that this is her fault in a way."

In my opinion, this man was using steroids.
Here's some interesting data from the NIH/National Library of Medicine on links between homicide, mental health consequences, and sexual behavior associated with steroid use, for if anyone likes to research the way I do.

Homicide and near-homicide by anabolic steroid users

Psychiatric complications of anabolic steroid abuse

Adverse health consequences of performance-enhancing drugs: an Endocrine Society scientific statement

'Roid rage in rats? Testosterone effects on aggressive motivation, impulsivity and tyrosine hydroxylase

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back