TX TX - Amber Hagerman, 9, Arlington, 17 Jan 1996

No I did not think it had been solved but there have been many cold cases solved recently so it can get a bit confusing for me as well. As I say hopefully there might be some progress in the case this year.
Unfortunately for amber and the family the case hasn’t been solved. My uncle by marriage is Amber’s cousin. I still remember the day they received the phone call.

No I did not think it had been solved but there have been many cold cases solved recently so it can get a bit confusing for me as well. As I say hopefully there might be some progress in the case this year.
Unfortunately for amber and the family the case hasn’t been solved. My uncle by marriage is Amber’s cousin. I still remember the day they received the phone call.

Another anniversary has passed in this case and it the case that founded the Amber Alert system seems very cold:

Mourners spent Monday evening at a special mural in Arlington that honors the Arlington girl whose abduction and murder led to the worldwide Amber Alert notification system to find missing children. Amber Hagerman was kidnapped 24-years ago in the same area as the mural. Joy Ivy was there Monday evening, ready to talk about the 9-year-old girl and share stories...

Mourners Pay Tribute to Amber Hagerman, 24-Years After her Abduction | Fort Worth, TX | U.S. News Hub

It's Amber Alert Awareness Day: Here's How the System Works

One of the most tragic cases, by far. Each time I watch that movie 'Amber's Story' I get more confused how anyone could've done that and gotten away with it for so long.
IMO, sadly, even if there would've been an amber alert back then I don't think they'd have solved this one. It almost seems like with the Springfield 3 case - the ones responsible just vanished into thin air. :(

Someone refresh my memory: were they able to collect DNA in this case?
I have re-read the previous posts on this thread and it's been said that there is DNA in this case, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere....I also read that she was sexually assaulted which I recall a few of us posters discussing there was no confirmation of this either. I would like to know what's true and what's not. MOO

I have been doing research on Amber's case and I can't believe that this was not considered. The similarities in Laura Smithers and Ambers cases are unbelievable.
* Both found in small bodies of water
* Both found nude-except for 1 sock
* Both close to same age, 9-12 not far off, IMO
*Both white females, freckles, brown hair
*Both found decapitated (Ambers throat slash was so severe, her head was hanging on to her neck by back skin)
Cleburne Times April 14 2018
*Both found under 10 miles of their abduction locations
*Both bodies dumped near major highways/thoroughfares
*Both abducted in broad daylight

IMO LE have the wrong guy for Smither's death. MOO

IMO LE have the wrong guy for Smither's death. MOO[/QUOTE]

SAMS, I think you may be right. Serial killers have a type. Laura Smithers didn't fit the age/type at all for Dan Reeves. From the pictures I've seen of Laura she looked younger than her age of 12 too.

SAMS, I think you may be right. Serial killers have a type. Laura Smithers didn't fit the age/type at all for Dan Reeves. From the pictures I've seen of Laura she looked younger than her age of 12 too.
Wish I could do side by side pics of Amber & Laura, and I can’t seem to find their heights to compare, but IMO I can see those two being linked into a “type”.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back