TX TX - Amber Smith, 28, Seguin, 29 Jan 2006

http://seguingazette.com/news/article_ffc9824c-eb48-11e6-bfa6-7f1380d653e0.html

It’s been 11 years since Amber Lynn Smith’s disappearance and murder...

The Guadalupe County Sheriff’s Department joined the Seguin Police Department in investigating Smith’s death, and both continue to seek information that could lead to her killer.

“Both agencies are working together with on-going hopes for one tip, one call, one letter, or one email leading to closure in this case,” Jones said.

Can someone clarify what Amber Lyn's boyfriend's name actually was? In one place he's named as Ronnie James and in another as Ronnie Lynn James. If it is the latter and the same person, that Ronnie Lynn James went on trial for a murder that took place 12/22/06 - after a night of "partying" with "friends," one of those friends was killed. Here's the news article - and again, it may not be anywhere close to the same person - just some confusion on the names.

http://seguingazette.com/news/article_614e7ac0-da9d-11e1-aba2-0019bb2963f4.html

Can someone clarify what Amber Lyn's boyfriend's name actually was? In one place he's named as Ronnie James and in another as Ronnie Lynn James. If it is the latter and the same person, that Ronnie Lynn James went on trial for a murder that took place 12/22/06 - after a night of "partying" with "friends," one of those friends was killed. Here's the news article - and again, it may not be anywhere close to the same person - just some confusion on the names.

http://seguingazette.com/news/article_614e7ac0-da9d-11e1-aba2-0019bb2963f4.html

hmmm, and the comment under the article is interesting, possibly giving credence to the theory that these 2 guys are one and the same, or possibly the commentor is mistaken. Either way, ick.

ok I answered my own question. Found a YouTube video posted in 2011 regarding the drones that were used to search the area when Amber was still missing. There was a picture from the local news station of Ronnie James. Not the same person as Ronnie Lynn James Jr. Sorry - my error.

Hi, I am Amber's daughter, Justine. I am 23 years old, her first child. I wasn't mentioned in any articles because I lived with my grandmother at the time. I have been deeply affected by my mothers death, to this day. I have very traumatic memories of finding out she was missing, then getting the call that her body was found. I was only 8 or 9 years old at the time. Now that I am older and wiser, I'm scouring the interent for any info I didnt already know about my moms case. Which is what led me to this forum. Something about it has always been fishy to me. We almost know for a fact that it was Ronnie James, everything points to him. My little brother, Logan (the 4 year old), told counselors that Ronnie told him "mommy is going away and never coming back" amongst other things. I just want to know how they were never able to charge him, or why they didn't at least investigate him more when it seems so obvious. Especially considering that he did in fact murder another person the same year. Yes, the Ronnie Lynn James Jr is the same Ronnie mentioned in the articles. Same man in the YouTube video, he just looks younger in the first picture, that's probably why you thought they were different people. He is currently in prison for life (without parole) for capital murder as far as I know. That still doesn't mean that I don't want justice for my mom, I want him charged, or somebody charged for HER murder. Her life mattered, it still does... and I will never fully have peace until she gets justice she deserves. Thank you guys for keeping her story alive. I feel like a lot of my family doesn't care anymore or just gave up hope. Also my granny (Amber's mother), passed away from breast cancer last year and I feel like I'm the only one still hanging on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back