GUILTY TX - Atatiana Jefferson, 28, fatally shot at home, Fort Worth, Oct 2019 *officer charged* #2

If the jury sentences Dean to 10 years or less and recommends the sentence be probated, then the judge has to grant it. If the sentence is more than 10 years, he has to serve some prison time, experts say.
If the judge orders him into probation, experts say, the judge could also assess up to 180 days in jail, as a condition of the supervision, without anyone's input. The judge could also order Dean into county custody upon sentencing.
The defense close contained a lot of victim blaming, to the point of accusing her of committing a first degree felony. I don't think that sat well with the general public or especially her family. If Dean walks today, I just cannot imagine how the community or her family would feel.

Last edited:
How an the judge put a gag order on a councilman?? What’s up with this judge? Ugh! This makes me think this judge is biased for the defendant.

How an the judge put a gag order on a councilman?? What’s up with this judge? Ugh! This makes me think this judge is biased for the defendant.
Judge said Let's have "Councilman Nettles (sp?). Kill Camera and Mic".

Is there a connection between councilman Chris Nettles and this Dean trial?
Apparently Judge has called Nettles into the courtroom and is going off the record.

The defense close contained a lot of victim blaming, to the point of accusing her of committing a first degree felony. I don't think that sat well with the general public or especially her family. If Dean walks today, I just cannot imagine how the community or her family would feel.
The victim blaming really rubbed me the wrong way. MOO

Dr. Kyle Clayton, Forensic Psychologist on witness stand now for Sentencing Phase of trial.

I did not realize a judge can put a gag order in a councilman who is not party to the case! Wow! Well if it’s within his authority to do so good for him! I take back what I said about judge being biased! I said that because I didn’t realize he had banned the media/closed the courtroom probably not to embarrass the councilman:

I did not realize a judge can put a gag order in a councilman who is not party to the case! Wow! Well if it’s within his authority to do so good for him! I take back what I said about judge being biased! I said that because I didn’t realize he had banned the media/closed the courtroom probably not to embarrass the councilman:

@WilliamJoy
·
8m

Update: The state has rested its punishment case. We heard from Liz Turner who shared how Dean touched her breast and was cited for assault when they were both UTA students Then Adarius Carr, Jefferson's brother, shared more about her life and their relationship

William Joy

@WilliamJoy
·
8m
Replying to
@WilliamJoy
Dean's defense calls Tim Foster who went to church with Dean and describes him as "Dependable, upright, noble" Then Christina Livingston who works for Tarrant Co probation. She's just outlining what restrictions there are for probation, a possible outcome for sentencing

I don’t like the way this female prosecutor asks questions. What is the point of this questioning of this probation supervisor?

I don’t like the way this female prosecutor asks questions. What is the point of this questioning of this probation supervisor?
Defense attorney trying to show probation program is weak? Clearly she doesn't want AD on probation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside
Back