Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would tracking dogs have picked up a scent if a child was taken from the home and carried away, say through the back or side of the property ? Incapacitate the child, wrap her in a blanket, carry her? Brazen yes, but planned out.

Want to eliminate any possibilities.

I don't recall it being mentioned, but have they searched the bodies of water immediately around the house. They look like ponds, but there are at least 3 that are very close to the house when looking at the aerial view of the property.

Would tracking dogs have picked up a scent if a child was taken from the home and carried away, say through the back or side of the property ? Incapacitate the child, wrap her in a blanket, carry her? Brazen yes, but planned out.

It depends what they’re trained on and what their handlers instruct them to track. Tracking for ANY human scent is a common way to search, I bet that’s what they were having the dogs do. If they were tracking for her scent specifically by casting off of a belonging of hers, then they’d likely do that in addition to a more general search of any human scent -- that’s why you can’t have hundreds of untrained people mucking around.

I have been wondering that too. Sheriff said at today's press conference they located him around Fort Worth and he then headed back to Paradise (Fort Worth about 40 to 50 miles from Paradise.). Time to search that vehicle if they haven't already done so.
That sounds like that could place him at home during the critical time doesn't it? Imo.

I wonder who knew the father was going on a hunting trip. Any local SOs? Created an opportunity... Dad goes hunting, predator goes hunting...

What does dad drive? Any chance she was a deliberate stowaway? In just a t-shirt, in the back of, say, a pick up, moving at traveling speed, how quickly could that lead to hypothermia?

Could she have tried to run after her dad and was grabbed by an SO?

My heart hurts the worst when they're littles.

JMO

I think this is a) a child abduction, b) a crime of opportunity c) given the population density (or lack there of. 2ppl /square mile) this is likely someone on foot and unfamiliar with the area. It has the sick undertones of a child predator. Let's be honest.
Why do you think they are on foot? Just curious. Seems very cold to be on foot?

Early article, but unsure of accuracy because we know it was stepmom, not mother who reported her missing. Amber Alert issued for 7-year-old Athena Strand of Wise County

“Strand's mother reported her missing around 6:40 p.m. Nov. 30. Police said she spent "about an hour" looking for her daughter before contacting the sheriff's office.”
Is anyone aware of any other people in the house on or around the time the child went missing?

However we are unclear exactly what "to 2123" means or how far that is.

I don't think it is probable. But the timeline is shortish for other options.

I hope that works. There is a FM 2123 outside of Paradise. Doesnt look too far. I'm also not good with measuring on these things either. Maybe someone can try it.
Edited to add- FM means Farm-to-Market.

I hope that works. There is a FM 2123 outside of Paradise. Doesnt look too far. I'm also not good with measuring on these things either. Maybe someone can try it.
Yes, it is there. I meant I don't know if the Sheriff meant she was tracked "all the way to 2123" or just "towards the direction of 2123". Does that make sense?

Probably the bus driver at 4:15
not sure what you mean. weve since found out she attended school that day but i was commenting on the fact that some kids are missing awhile then reported when someone else is expecting to see them. cincere and classic were in that situation. but its moot as athena was seen at school that day.

I think this is a) a child abduction, b) a crime of opportunity c) given the population density (or lack there of. 2ppl /square mile) this is likely someone on foot and unfamiliar with the area. It has the sick undertones of a child predator. Let's be honest.
To me this points to not being an abduction because of there is basically no one around. And in Texas, you you could get shot wandering on to someone's property. Imo.

I wasn’t aware grandmother lives next door. MOO but when I was 7, that’s where I would go after arguing with an adult.

"The only time she left was to go to her grandmother's house next door—and that's family," neighbor said. "She's not OK with being in the dark. She doesn't like the cold."

Interesting fact.
Wonder why Athena didn't go to her grandma's this time ?
I fear a predator in the neighborhood who was aware of Athena's habit of walking to her relative's home .... snatched her !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu