Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post removed (no approved source link given)
The one I saw on FB is in the Daily Mail now, so we can discuss it. The victim was 16 and he was 23 when he assaulted her. (ETA: I know it's not in the headline which is confusing--scroll down.)

My intuition tells me we'll hear of more.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one I saw on FB is in the Daily Mail now, so we can discuss it. The victim was 16 and he was 23 when he assaulted her. (ETA: I know it's not in the headline which is confusing--scroll down.)

Thanks so much! Wow. She didn’t give up talking about this.

Gandy's heartbreaking remarks come as a Texaswoman says that she was raped in 2014 by Tanner Horner when she was 16 years old. Now, Horner has confessed to abducting and murdering seven-year-old Athena.

DailyMail.com has found that SM, a 23-year-old Texas woman, has said publicly and repeatedly on social media that Horner raped her in 2014. A friend of SMs said in a social media post that she did report the rape to law enforcement

It was reported to LE!

Last edited by a moderator:

What a beautiful, happy, lovely child.

Thank you for finding a MSM link!!!

My non lawyer opinion (so JMO) is that a crime of opportunity and premeditation aren't mutually exclusive. My understanding is that legally premeditation can occur in minutes. IOW once Horner saw a victim - and made the decision to abduct her - it became a premeditated act. And certainly he made a choice to murder her and probably to assault her so there's no getting around a planned crime, even if it only formed at the moment he decided to take Athena.

I also think (IMO) that even though he confessed we'll still see a "not guilty" plea at his arraignment. Good news is that it won't help him. I think we're going to see a DP conviction. All Moo.

To add:

Deliberation and premeditation mean that the prosecutor must show that the defendant developed the conscious intent to kill before committing the murder. This is a low threshold and does not require showing that the defendant created an extensive plan before he committed the act (although that might sometimes be the case). Rather, deliberation and premeditation require only that the defendant paused, for at least a few moments, to consider his actions, during which time a reasonable person would have had time to second guess such actions.
Yes, it means did he intentionally grab her with the intention of hurting her? Only answer is yes. needs to keep his guilty plea and not waste our taxpayer dollars.

Did he murder this little girl and later go home and probably pick up and hold his own child as if nothing happened ? I would think after this horrible crime , a person would go sleep in a garage or something, because they feel disgusted.

Yes, it means did he intentionally grab her with the intention of hurting her? Only answer is yes. needs to keep his guilty plea and not waste our taxpayer dollars.
Yep, Horner's gonna get a capital murder charge no matter what he pleads. He's so screwed. Under Texas Law (I snipped out a few sections that don't apply):

A person commits an offense if the person commits murder as defined under Section 19.02(b)(1) and:

(2) the person intentionally commits the murder in the course of committing or attempting to commit kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, obstruction or retaliation, or terroristic threat under Section 22.07(a)(1), (3), (4), (5), or (6);
(8) the person murders an individual under 10 years of age; ?
(b) An offense under this section is a capital felony.

Did he murder this little girl and later go home and probably pick up and hold his own child as if nothing happened ? I would think after this horrible crime , a person would go sleep in a garage or something, because they feel disgusted.

Someone who is capable of committing this crime wouldn't feel disgusted about it. They don't think like the rest of us.

I think he’s hoping it will save him from DP, the confession likely will save him from DP if he pleads guilty. If he’s luckily he will get life in solitary. If we’re lucky he’ll get life in Gen pop and they will make his life a living hell.

RIP precious girl.
Agree with this. Will be interesting to see if the confession came at a judicial cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23