Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wrong about FedEx contract vehicles. “FedEx to spend $100 million on improving delivery-vehicle safety” in Sept 2021. “The company’s Ground unit is offering $1,500 per vehicle to reimburse its contractors for installing cameras and sensors that warn drivers of obstacles or other vehicles.”
FedEx requires cameras in front and back but not on the sides of vehicles?. Regardless, if cameras aren’t on the sides - they will never capture crimes committed by the drivers.

I know here in Oklahoma this year Fed Ex has been taking photos of the packages where they leave them. I receive an email immediately showing my package on the porch - or in a few cases in the wrong places/houses but I am able to recognize the location from the photo.

Thinking through the timing on this - I believe we may eventually learn that a very gifted investigator got a confession and body location from him without him being formally in custody and without a request for an attorney. That’s astounding, remarkable. A more common sequence here would be a suspect who was questioned, stonewalled, detained and ultimately charged and appointed an attorney, and that attorney would subsequently dangle a potential confession and location as leverage to negotiate DP off the table. From a timing standpoint I don’t think that could have happened here. Someone in LE convinced this guy to come clean fast and in a way that will withstand prosecution. That is a major-league law enforcement skill.

Think we may eventually find out that the tipster was FedEx’s operations and surveillance team.

She may have seen the delivery truck and walked the driveway to go get the mail
What a horrific ending to a beautiful child’s life

I’m heartbroken and livid
JMO
My 7 yr old hears the Fed Ex or UPS truck pulling in or sees them from window and tries to run outside to bring the packages to me to be helpful. Not anymore.

Thanks so much for the info guys!
Do they have any insignias on their vehicles? I figured the tip was from someone who saw "fed ex" on something. Maybe step mom gave that info because they got package?
No, I have had several already this year that I didn't know was Fed Ex. One was a woman in her personal SUV. And several times it was 2 people in some kind of moving truck (like a U-Haul, but not that brand) No where did I see anything showing they were Fed Ex employees. They scanned the packages with what looked like a normal cell phone.

Thanks so much for the info guys!
Do they have any insignias on their vehicles? I figured the tip was from someone who saw "fed ex" on something. Maybe step mom gave that info because they got package?
No, I have had several already this year that I didn't know was Fed Ex. One was a woman in her personal SUV. And several times it was 2 people in some kind of moving truck (like a U-Haul, but not that brand) No where did I see anything showing they were Fed Ex employees. They scanned the packages with what looked like a normal cell phone. (Sorry this seemed to post twice and I don't know how to delete one of them)

Last edited:
My 7 yr old hears the Fed Ex or UPS truck pulling in or sees them from window and tries to run outside to bring the packages to me to be helpful. Not anymore.
I know. My child always says hi and thank you to them if they can… they are so innocent and don’t think of the delivery people as a threat - and neither did I!

What is that expression in his mug shot? It's not anger. It's not guilt, sorrow or remorse.
This monster actually looks like he's about to smile.
Am I the only one seeing that?
Someone please tell me I'm not the only one seeing that.

You're not the only one.
When I saw it, I was immediately repulsed and actually said aloud,
"Uuggh, he looks proud of himself."

Vile.

He seems to be very immature for his age? The levitate video gives a little more insight, it was only three years ago.
Where was he living I wonder? Unfinished construction, no sheets, just a bare mattress.

Okay, I think I get what you mean. Near the end he says, "I'm too high for this." Here is the video if anyone else wants to brave it. At least he's not screaming in this one. MOO

Just seen this case, so very sad.
Some of the comments/reports say the stepmom raised the alert after checking her room so sounds like they did not know she was outside?

Just seen this case, so very sad.
Some of the comments/reports say the stepmom raised the alert after checking her room so sounds like they did not know she was outside?

My understanding is the stepmom had started cooking supper and then went to find Athena thinking she was in her room. :(

Uber said Saturday that Horner has not driven on the app in months and that he has been banned from the platform. An Uber spokeswoman didn’t immediately respond to questions of whether Horner was ever the subject of complaints while driving for the company.

Authorities searched Horner’s home on Friday but did not say what they found there. Those who live in the neighborhood, near Lake Worth, describe it as a quiet place where neighbors usually keep to themselves.

When she saw on the Friday night 10 o’clock news that one of her neighbors was accused of kidnapping and killing a child, she said she “freaked out.” Guadian said she didn’t know Horner, but she frequently saw his FedEx truck parked outside his house.

Friday around 3 p.m., Guadian left the house to pick up one of her children from school. When she got back to her street around 3:30, it was blocked off and there was a heavy police presence. She also saw the Texas Rangers and SWAT in the area.

Another neighbor who asked that the Star-Telegram withhold her name confirmed that Horner lived in the neighborhood with his mother and grandmother.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article269550197.html#storylink=cpy

Yep, Horner's gonna get a capital murder charge no matter what he pleads. He's so screwed. Under Texas Law (I snipped out a few sections that don't apply):

A person commits an offense if the person commits murder as defined under Section 19.02(b)(1) and:

(2) the person intentionally commits the murder in the course of committing or attempting to commit kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, obstruction or retaliation, or terroristic threat under Section 22.07(a)(1), (3), (4), (5), or (6);
(8) the person murders an individual under 10 years of age; ?
(b) An offense under this section is a capital felony.
Yes, and he kidnapped her so she died while he was committing a felony.
If she was sexually assaulted, that is another felony.

This means if he claims her death was an accident, it is still felony murder. Felony murder in Texas can be a capital crime.

Texas's felony murder rule, codified in Texas Penal Code § 19.02(b)(3),[1]states that a person commits murder if they "commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, they commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual."

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member