GUILTY TX - Austin Patterson & Jordan Mitchell for torturing cats, Universal City, 2007

All our cats were waifs/orphans. Oscar sort of had a home, but he was the pet of a young child, and he fell so ill they didn't know how to nurse him so he'd get better. (It took someone up with him 24/7 for 7-10 days to get him out of the woods. We did "shifts" with him to manage this. He had to be carried to the food/water dish every little bit because he was so sick and weak he could only eat a bite or two at a time.)

We've never purchased any pets except when we had to buy pet-care items in order to get kittens or the pound made us pay for neutering. I think mutts (non-purebred) make better pets anyhow.

Thank you dkitty, and blessings to you for taking in a rescue dog. Taffy was a rescue and like you, I will never breed or buy while shelter pets die. Your boxer sounds like a real sweetie. :blowkiss:

I hope there is justice for these kitties!

Is that Taffy in the pic? Beautiful...
I got Holly from blueridgeboxerrescue.com...Molly died in Jan. I was so heartbroken..Someone told me I should rescue so I checked out that site..The first one to come up was Holly and she was already named Holly..We love her dearly..
I can't understand how anyone could hurt any animal..:(

Wow, the HSUS is asking for "meaningful jail time"...this guy should be locked up forever in PRISON.

They need to have a list with all these on it, like they do with the sex perverts. This guy is sick, psychotic and a risk to the general public. I hope he gets the max, and his daddy doesn't bail him out. Lets see if he grows some gonads in prison fighting people of his equal or bigger size. He would be dessert to hardened convicts.
ITA, Meow! Great idea.

A list of these sick b@stards would also be instrumental in watching them to see if the type of crimes they commit escalate. (i.e. into rape or murders)

This is one of the reasons why people should never give an animal away for free. If you have to get rid of an animal, take it to a shelter. :mad:

First post here, just registered. Anyone who is also a memeber of the Zodiac board will recognize me. Several years ago the question came up on how to prevent future serial killers. I said one way will be to take such animal cruelty in this case as a very serious crime. If a juvenile, place the perp in INPATIENT psychiatric care for at least 2 years and mandatory outpatient until age 18. At that time, the perp attends a court session in which the judge says something like: "You have a very serious problem with violent behavior which is not tolerated in this country. You have been given an opportunity to learn how to deal with and control your problems. If you do not make good on these opportunities there are no further excuses. Your DNA, fingerprints, photographs, hair and blood samples are all on file. If you harm another animal, you will be caught and sentenced to indefinite inpatient psychiatric hospitalization. If you in any way do any harm to a human, you will be in prison for life."
Sure, that would not stop some budding serial killers. But if it stops ONE Bundy, Gacy, or Ridgeway look how many human, as well as animal, lives are saved.

First post here, just registered. Anyone who is also a memeber of the Zodiac board will recognize me. Several years ago the question came up on how to prevent future serial killers. I said one way will be to take such animal cruelty in this case as a very serious crime. If a juvenile, place the perp in INPATIENT psychiatric care for at least 2 years and mandatory outpatient until age 18. At that time, the perp attends a court session in which the judge says something like: "You have a very serious problem with violent behavior which is not tolerated in this country. You have been given an opportunity to learn how to deal with and control your problems. If you do not make good on these opportunities there are no further excuses. Your DNA, fingerprints, photographs, hair and blood samples are all on file. If you harm another animal, you will be caught and sentenced to indefinite inpatient psychiatric hospitalization. If you in any way do any harm to a human, you will be in prison for life."
Sure, that would not stop some budding serial killers. But if it stops ONE Bundy, Gacy, or Ridgeway look how many human, as well as animal, lives are saved.

Welcome Oklahoma Mike! I'm all for that idea! Animal torture is a prerequisite for serial killing.
They need to stick them in a psych hospital; preferably a forensic one with barbed wire around the outside fences. Anyone who can get their kicks out of torturing animals is extremely disturbed and needs to be locked up.

But, the problem lies within, the person is not "fixable", they are beyond repair. Unfortunately, society does not act until "a valued" member, like a human is killed and or injured.

If this guy is 19 and has done this act, it is just a matter of time. But society "acts" in the interest of a person, not the victims.

You cannot lock someone away for the crimes that they may commit, these person "can convince" you they are fixed and normal and then they are let loose on society with horrible results.

I agree about juvenile inpatient psychiatric care, except I think all of them have shut down here in Texas for kids who are on Medicaid or the CHIPS program. There are some for people who have other insurance though. This kid's daddy could have found something being in the military though, surely. Hope this budding BTK doesn't decide to come up to Lubbock. We already had one serial killer from a prominent San Antonio family murdering women here.

THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER GIVE AN ANIMAL AWAY FOR FREE.
There are signs all over my neighborhood right now put up by someone who is giving their dog away for free. I called them a few days ago and gave them about ten reasons why this is a really bad idea.

This makes me sick. I can't read the article. I will get to upset. The sound of cat in pain is unbearable. Unfortunately his sentence will be light because cruelty to animals is not taken that seriously. No matter the pain inflicted on innocent animals and no matter that behavior like this is indicitive of someone who will graduate to humans. Anyone who can do something like this has some serious, serious problems and no heart whatsoever.

I cant read the article either.. SOB!

All of my animals (2dogs, 4cats and one guinea pig *Hippy*) are resued from either a shelter or 'circumstances beyond their control'

This person ( and I use that term lightly) needs help before a human is an interest to him.

Keep eyes on this area.. and 'burb's surrounding... missing pps.

Rosco

I cant read the article either.. SOB!

All of my animals (2dogs, 4cats and one guinea pig *Hippy*) are resued from either a shelter or 'circumstances beyond their control'

This person ( and I use that term lightly) needs help before a human is an interest to him.

Keep eyes on this area.. and 'burb's surrounding... missing pps.

Rosco

All of my babies(kitties) are rescued too. Everest was thrown out of a moving car which resulted in his leg being broken in two places. I found him on the sidewalk and took him to the vet. He was only 6 months old. He is ten yrs old now. Mao-Mao was dumped in a park with his siblings and I just happened to hear them mewing. I found the others homes and kept Mao. Fosse (she is 7 months old now)was dumped in Central Park when she was onyl days old. Her eyes were not even opened yet.

I cannot tolerate cruelty to animals. It just breaks my heart. I think this person should be helped by being tortured and mutilated in the same fashion. Cut his balls off - he isn't much of a man to begin with.

All of my babies(kitties) are rescued too. Everest was thrown out of a moving car which resulted in his leg being broken in two places. I found him on the sidewalk and took him to the vet. He was only 6 months old. He is ten yrs old now. Mao-Mao was dumped in a park with his siblings and I just happened to hear them mewing. I found the others homes and kept Mao. Fosse (she is 7 months old now)was dumped in Central Park when she was onyl days old. Her eyes were not even opened yet.

I cannot tolerate cruelty to animals. It just breaks my heart. I think this person should be helped by being tortured and mutilated in the same fashion. Cut his balls off - he isn't much of a man to begin with.

Ohhh gaia227 - what a warm heart you have darlin.!!!! :blowkiss:
Breaks my heart to hear stories of pps dumping animals to starve or get ran over. Breaks my heart...:mad:

I was telling a friend who was visiting over weekend.. If I won some money (would have to be alot) and was able to quit my job - i would totally open a no-kill shelter.... I would work it 24/7.
I would have to move and get some 'more' land.
DH could build me my shelter and i would not have to worry about money or help.

DH LOVES animals too and we make a great team already!:crazy::crazy:

I adore animals and my heart breaks for them when i see them abused.

I agree - this arse needs to have the same torture on him he has done to the animals.. BURNS ME to read this garbage about GARBAGE...

Rosco

Ohhh gaia227 - what a warm heart you have darlin.!!!! :blowkiss:
Breaks my heart to hear stories of pps dumping animals to starve or get ran over. Breaks my heart...:mad:

I was telling a friend who was visiting over weekend.. If I won some money (would have to be alot) and was able to quit my job - i would totally open a no-kill shelter.... I would work it 24/7.
I would have to move and get some 'more' land.
DH could build me my shelter and i would not have to worry about money or help.

DH LOVES animals too and we make a great team already!:crazy::crazy:

I adore animals and my heart breaks for them when i see them abused.

I agree - this arse needs to have the same torture on him he has done to the animals.. BURNS ME to read this garbage about GARBAGE...

Rosco

LOL. My dream is to have enough money and land to operate an animal sanctuary/refuge/no kill shelter. I would love to be involved in rescuing exotic animals who have been bought as pets on the black market i.e. tigers, lions, chimps, etc and are not being properly taken care of. I would also love to have a refuge for animals, especially chimps, who have been used as lab animals their whole lives and at least let them finally have peace and comfort in their twilight years. Then, of course, I want to rescue unwanted dogs, cats, bunnies, ferretts, hamsters, etc and try to find them good homes. Basically I just want to spend my life trying to save and help animals who have fallen victim to the irresponsibilities of humans and in some cases just downright cruelty from humans.

My fiance is a huge animal lover too. If we didn't live in Manhattan I think between the two of us we would have a small zoo. This time last year we had a Rooster living in our bathroom. Fiance had found him dumped in Central Park, left him but then couldn't stop thinking about it so he went back and got him to go in the cat carrier. We think he was a cockfighter who didn't make the cut so they dumped him in freezing temperatures. He was a nice rooster although he sure did poo a lot. We found him a home on a farm on Long Island. Everyone thought we were nuts but to me it doesn't matter. I love animals - all animals. I saved a mouse the other day from my neighbor who has trying to squash it with her shoe. Poor tiny thing was just sitting there shaking. I scooped him up into a glass and took him out to an abandoned lot......

It breaks my heart too when I hear and see animals who have been dumped for no reason other than they are not wanted any more. I just cannot understand that mentality. My pets have always been a part of the family - it is a lifelong committment that extends through sickness as well as health. People give excuses like they are moving into an apt that doesn't allow animals so they just give them away or take them to the humane society.......I can't even count how many apts I have not taken because I couldn't have my cats. It just isn't an option. My cats go where I go.

There are tons of stray cats living around my apt building and it is a constant source of stress for me. The people in my neighborhood are not exactly always animal friendly. I have saved two cats from the jaws of assholes who were sicking their dogs on them. Two of them I couldn't save and was devastated and furious. I leave food out for them but the super will pick it up and throw it away. My neighbors have a cat who they let outside and they haven't bothered to get her fixed. The list goes on and on. Sometimes I really wish I didn't care so much. It is a hard world to live in if you are an animal lover.

It is always a pleasure to meet other people who care and really want to try and make a difference - like you Roscoe. :blowkiss:

Maybe I will move to Illinois and we can start an animal shelter. My fiance worked as a carpenter for years so I am sure we could keep him busy. I will work on winning the NY lotto and you work on winning the IL Lotto.

There are too many weirdos out there!! PETA has an "Urgent Alert" at their website because of this case (and probably others), asking people to email craigslist in hopes that craigslist will stop listing "pets free to good home". PETA makes this really easy to do, they have a form email letter you can send right from the site.

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/craigs_list_animals

thanks for that link...i just sent an e-letter to craiglist.

horrible, horrible...:furious:

i received a tip years ago...if you're looking for a good home for your anipal, you should ask for a small fee...$20, at least. that way, you are less likely to attact these fiends or those who sell them to laboratories.

i had to find a home for some feral kittens once and i did just that & had no problem re-homing them on a nice little farm :)

gaia227 - for sure... TOTALLY we can set up together.!!! DH and I would be very happy doing just that. Between your's and mine... NP with the building... I remember your rooster story .. TOTALLY - that was a fantastic thing to do!!!:chicken:
Yes.. we too had a few feather friends in our time. We had a Beni Rooster and Hen. Bonnie and Klyd. They actually had babies.:) I have some pic's of them on Kodak.com. I shuld send u the link.
We have a bit of land that helps that situation - Manhattan would be pretty difficult to keep a rooster (LOL):crazy:

- poops ALOT! HAHA. That's great! REMINDS me....
I was watching Dirty Jobs on cable last night and Mike was at an egg farm. He was 'under' the chickens and they had to use a buldozer to remove the 'poop'. They use the 'poop' for fertilzer for golf courses. :crazy:

My DH's son had a GF who had a rooster in her house in Chicago (city) - and had him in her pantry. It was actually pretty neat. He was a Beni Rooster (smaller). She also had 15dogs and about 12 cats and a bunny if I recall.. BUT you would never know it in her house. It actually was VERY clean (seeing she had all these animals.) We had Easter Dinner at her home just past and it was very nice.

:crazy:
All my love gaia227 -
Rosco

LOL. My dream is to have enough money and land to operate an animal sanctuary/refuge/no kill shelter. I would love to be involved in rescuing exotic animals who have been bought as pets on the black market i.e. tigers, lions, chimps, etc and are not being properly taken care of. I would also love to have a refuge for animals, especially chimps, who have been used as lab animals their whole lives and at least let them finally have peace and comfort in their twilight years. Then, of course, I want to rescue unwanted dogs, cats, bunnies, ferretts, hamsters, etc and try to find them good homes. Basically I just want to spend my life trying to save and help animals who have fallen victim to the irresponsibilities of humans and in some cases just downright cruelty from humans.

My fiance is a huge animal lover too. If we didn't live in Manhattan I think between the two of us we would have a small zoo. This time last year we had a Rooster living in our bathroom. Fiance had found him dumped in Central Park, left him but then couldn't stop thinking about it so he went back and got him to go in the cat carrier. We think he was a cockfighter who didn't make the cut so they dumped him in freezing temperatures. He was a nice rooster although he sure did poo a lot. We found him a home on a farm on Long Island. Everyone thought we were nuts but to me it doesn't matter. I love animals - all animals. I saved a mouse the other day from my neighbor who has trying to squash it with her shoe. Poor tiny thing was just sitting there shaking. I scooped him up into a glass and took him out to an abandoned lot......

It breaks my heart too when I hear and see animals who have been dumped for no reason other than they are not wanted any more. I just cannot understand that mentality. My pets have always been a part of the family - it is a lifelong committment that extends through sickness as well as health. People give excuses like they are moving into an apt that doesn't allow animals so they just give them away or take them to the humane society.......I can't even count how many apts I have not taken because I couldn't have my cats. It just isn't an option. My cats go where I go.

There are tons of stray cats living around my apt building and it is a constant source of stress for me. The people in my neighborhood are not exactly always animal friendly. I have saved two cats from the jaws of assholes who were sicking their dogs on them. Two of them I couldn't save and was devastated and furious. I leave food out for them but the super will pick it up and throw it away. My neighbors have a cat who they let outside and they haven't bothered to get her fixed. The list goes on and on. Sometimes I really wish I didn't care so much. It is a hard world to live in if you are an animal lover.

It is always a pleasure to meet other people who care and really want to try and make a difference - like you Roscoe. :blowkiss:

Maybe I will move to Illinois and we can start an animal shelter. My fiance worked as a carpenter for years so I am sure we could keep him busy. I will work on winning the NY lotto and you work on winning the IL Lotto.

This is awful! I can't even bear to read the article. I just can't stand anything, animals or humans, suffering. I can't even watch horror movies most of the time. lol I wonder if this happens more often than you hear about

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cLeopatra_
Back