GUILTY TX - Becky Hamilton, 52, Harris County, 1 Jan 2010

I now only have room for one more person in the suburban from FL to TX to help search if anybody is interested.

JnTexas,

Is that "Tin Cup" Bar a small beer bar or a large bar where many people would gather for NYE, if you know? Thanks

Wow, I live 20 minutes away from Huffman and websleuths is the only way I learned about her being missing!

I wish I could search, I have a 3yr old and a 2 yr old at home with me. I will however keep a look out and spread the word.

JnTexas,

Is that "Tin Cup" Bar a small beer bar or a large bar where many people would gather for NYE, if you know? Thanks

It's a small bar. They were suppose to be having a new year's eve celebration. My BIL was there that night. I sent him a text and he doesn't know her. I hate to admit it but he frequents that bar at least 2-3 times a week. He lives close also. I have sent hom her info. He said he would watch out for her in the area.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/22129910/detail.html

Becky Hamilton, 52, of Huffman in northeast Harris County, was last seen leaving a New Year's Eve party at the Tin Cup Sports Bar on F.M. 2100, not far from her home.

It's believed Hamilton left by herself after arguing with her boyfriend.

"I think foul play has happened and I'm trying to keep strong and hope for the best, but it has been handed over to homicide," Debra Broussard said.

http://www.click2houston.com/video/22125676/index.html

video with more info

she worked at the lake shore marina. (I knew I had seen her before we put our boat in at that marina all the time).

They found her jeep at a car wash off gulf bank. (not a good area and she was not known to go there.)

My heart breaks for the sister.

We will not being leaving until tomorrow afternoon if she has not been found by then. I still have room for one more searcher to ride with us. Thanks everybody for the info.

We will not being leaving until tomorrow afternoon if she has not been found by then. I still have room for one more searcher to ride with us. Thanks everybody for the info.

Live in Oregon, but will keep tracking this story.
The picture of what happened is looking a little dark.
Sad to say.

It's a small bar. They were suppose to be having a new year's eve celebration. My BIL was there that night. I sent him a text and he doesn't know her. I hate to admit it but he frequents that bar at least 2-3 times a week. He lives close also. I have sent hom her info. He said he would watch out for her in the area.

I just spoke with my BIL. He and his girlfriend were at the Tin Cup New years Eve night. They do not remember seeing Becky. He knows the owner, and the owner's nephew (works there) just called him asking if they were taking pictures at the bar that night. They are trying to locate anyone who was there taking photos who may have taken a picture of her and the BF. My BIL said there was somebody there taking photos, but he didn't know who they were.
My BIL knows the area fairly well. he is working 4 ten hour shifts this week. He is going to try and help search if he can get there in time. I told him where the search command post was.

Praying she is found soon.

I'm in Houston and have taken off work tomorrow to help search. This will be my first ever search...is there anything that I need to do, except report to the command post?

I would bring a walking stick along with the other necessary cold wear items. Pack your ID, medications and list of allergies and medical conditions in a water proof bag and keep them on you at all times. Snacks, water/drinks, extra change of clothes and socks. I always have extra shoes or boots in my vehicle in case my boots somehow get soaked. We usually bring bug repellent but as cold as it is this may not be needed. What else is in my personal pack..??? Bandanas serve many purposes, gloves (two pair), a couple of tightly rolled lawn and leaf bags secured with a rubber band serve many purposes, you can sit on them in damp places etc and they take up very little room. I always do the same with a couple of grocery store bags so we are sure to bag our trash and nobody ever throws anything on the ground. On my belt... a small flashlight for peering into dark spaces, a pair of landscape clippers for clipping thorny bushes and vines ahead of me, multi tool, knife, hubby carries a machete. We also carry a small first aid kit with the essentials plus an epi-pen and benadryl etc. We pack everything in gallon size plastic baggies to keep it dry as our backpacks/fanny packs are not waterproof. Hope this helps. Everything I have listed is not a necessity but only examples of what we ourselves carry. Thank you for helping search. If I can help with anything else please do not hesitate to ask. If I think of anything else important to add I'll let you know. Hugs. Dsn

I'm in Houston and have taken off work tomorrow to help search. This will be my first ever search...is there anything that I need to do, except report to the command post?
Bring your ID for registration purposes. They will assign you to a team and you will be briefed. Thank you again for helping.

Bring your ID for registration purposes. They will assign you to a team and you will be briefed. Thank you again for helping.

hi dsntslp. (i am from oh well)

praying for good results from searches and for safety for all of the searchers. are you taking your dogs?

thanks to you and all other volunteers. wish we were closer.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will be getting my things together this evening and head to the command post a la manana!

hi dsntslp. (i am from oh well)

praying for good results from searches and for safety for all of the searchers. are you taking your dogs?

thanks to you and all other volunteers. wish we were closer.
Hiya Tracy! Good to 'see' you!
No, the dogs aren't certified yet. My plans were put on hold for 6 mos recuperating from back and elbow surgery so I could pursue my dreams and train and chase these dogs around, lol.

Apologies for off topic all.

Good luck and prayers for the safety of the searchers today (Everyoneneedsavoice).

Praying Becky will be found.

Thanks...getting ready to head that way in about 30 minutes...all packed and ready to go! Nervous...I must admit...but glad to be able to help.

I called to make sure that I could arrive after 8:30 since that was the time listed for meeting at the command post and was told that they would welcome any volunteers as they are in need...but, I might have to wait a bit to get on a search team...either way, I'm going and hope to be able to search. (my 2nd child (dog) was sick all night so I had to take him to "doggy day care" this morning...as I sure didn't want to come home to a "mess"---literally...that's why I couldn't be there at 8:30)

Thanks...getting ready to head that way in about 30 minutes...all packed and ready to go! Nervous...I must admit...but glad to be able to help.

I called to make sure that I could arrive after 8:30 since that was the time listed for meeting at the command post and was told that they would welcome any volunteers as they are in need...but, I might have to wait a bit to get on a search team...either way, I'm going and hope to be able to search. (my 2nd child (dog) was sick all night so I had to take him to "doggy day care" this morning...as I sure didn't want to come home to a "mess"---literally...that's why I couldn't be there at 8:30)

You will do fine, I am sure. Big hugs for you and many thoughts and prayers for all. Try to stay warm! We are leaving here in a couple of hours and will be there to help by Friday. God bless!

Dsntslp, are you going all the way from Florida to Texas just to search for Becky? If so, I'm speechless and moved beyond words! And even if you were already headed that way, your efforts to search for Becky and your offer for others to hitch a ride humbles me. God bless you!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back