TX TX - Beverly Bruneau, 35, Tarrant County, 13 Feb 1981

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Thom, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Thom

Thom New Member

Beverly Bruneau was murdered 13 Feb 1981, in Tarrant County, TX; there is nearly no information on this case online. She was a flight attendant for Braniff Airlines at the time of her death. The homicide has never been solved.

Are there any sleuths out there with more information on Beverly Bruneau?

Thank you,

Thom

2. Loading...

3. Stella

Stella Member

Apparently the Grapevine, Texas PD is handling the case and have a suspect, but not enough evidence to prosecute. I wonder if he worked for Braniff as well?

4. Thom

Thom New Member

He was also employed by Braniff, as a baggage handler, and was working when Beverly Bruneau died; he passed a polygraph test.

5. Thom

Thom New Member

The original item posted April 8, 2005 mentioned "Beverly Bruneau (Casey)".

It appears Bruneau was Beverly's maiden name; how does the name Casey apply here?

6. Thom

Thom New Member

Found her obituary, curious that it alone on that page does not name any relatives at all.

7. Thom

Thom New Member

"Casey" is apparently a nickname.

8. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

9. UnderSea

UnderSea Member

This lengthy article is from eight months after the murder, so not an update as much as an addition. It seems there had been more than one suspect. It also contains information on the Lipstick murder mentioned.

https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/1981/september/getting-away-with-murder/

Hemphill was convicted on numerous occasions of sex crimes, but never murder. There is a non-MSM source that details his various convictions that can be found online.

It seems that being a flight attendant in the seventies and eighties was a dangerous career. Wanda Jean Waddle was raped and strangled in 1978 (also working for Braniff). A suspect was tried and convicted for her murder in 2011. In an appeal by his lawyers, there is mention of three somehow similar offenses:

Jeeta Lynn Graeber was raped and strangled in her apartment in 1984. Her murderer was convicted and is serving time. I haven't been able to find anything about Cheryl Sue Bellinger.

I'm not sure what the point to all of this is, other than to bump Beverly's unsolved murder, and to point out that there were a number of other flight attendants killed around the same time, though most of those have been solved.