GUILTY TX - Billy Joe Harris for rapes of elderly women in 6 counties, 2011

I am sure you guys have covered this, but what if he is an off duty cop or associated with LE. Graveyard shift custodian, someone who could access records on investigations??

I have five sons of color (I guess that means the remaining four are of un-color) and interestingly enough, each one actually looks younger than his age IMO. I'm assuming that you have to be 21 to get into a regular club but we have over 18 clubs in Oregon (just no alcohol, yeah right) which have hip-hop events.

I can't seem to find any sort of an event list for Lubbock for the week of January 15th thru 17th but the two clubs I did find, The Lizard Lounge and The Champagne Room, show that they offer events on Fridays and Saturdays. The timing is pointing to someone coming from The Champagne Room IF the rapist grabbed a young guy to get him some money.

ITA about the hoodie. It would not fly in most hip-hop clubs. It looks like a Medium and NOBODY wears a medium. I asked one of my sons about the Enyce brand (he lives in Portland) and he said that sometimes, they'll show up on the discount rack at Ross (a discount clothing store in Oregon). It just does not seem plausible to me that the rapist would wear this at the ATM unless he ditched it right afterward. Someone mentioned that it looked to possibly be a woman's hoodie. Is there a possibility that the rapist stole it from his victim? I could see a stylin' older gal having it or it lying around, left by a granddaughter.

The gloves are a bit strange. They look like the one size fits all that you can get at WalMart for women. They look like a fine gauge knit which could only be for fashion and not work. And they look light-colored, even in the strange light. Guys almost never wear light colored gloves. They'd wear black or navy and that's it. A guy that age would not wear anything but black, IMO. If you look at the history of hip-hop clothing, white has been popular a la Michael and MC Hammer, but that's a lifetime ago. Odd. I think that you might be right, PercyVeer, that he stole them from a woman. But isn't that kind of strange, too, as we know he'd have his own? Why would he steal others, unless that's a trophy? Them being a trophy would surely fit with the profile as he could use them as described. Yuck.

Texas Mist, I'd forgotten about the thumbprint issue with the TDL? Has there been any comment at all about fingerprints left behind?

Texas Mist--Can we look at this again:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/state/Rapes_mean_that_when_sun_goes_down_fear_goes_up.html

"Last month, one victim was assaulted a second time, even after police relocated her to another part of town. The assault revealed a degree of calculation and audacity that has shocked even veteran law officers."

This article was written on 12/13/09 and also mentions that the ages of the victims range from 67-95, not what we've read elsewhere. Possibly sloppy reporting?

Does the fact that LE relocated the woman strike anybody else as extremely unusual? I've never heard of LE moving anyone. They certainly might get Texas Elder Services or a charity or church or family to move her--but LE? That doesn't seem right to me. I have no doubt that a couple of concerned officers might have even personally helped out but to state that LE moved her is kind of frightening. They surely didn't move her into a secure facility ie. a nursing home or to a relative's home as she was raped again, alone in another home.

The article does not make clear where this particular victim lived. Could it be Yoakum? Isn't Yoakum the only town that had more than one rape? If so, it would have to be Yoakum as the article states that they moved her to another part of town, not another town.

That lends credence to the theory that this guy is somehow involved in LE or on the periphery. Remember, the factor in the profile where it said that organized rapists often try to contact the victims to "help". Maybe our guy actually helped this woman move. That is downright creepy!!

Look at these two clocks:

http://lubbockonline.com/slideshows/012310/553525243/slide2.shtml

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-BEST-ANTIQ...ltDomain_0?hash=item414c3e16a5#ht_5388wt_1167

The first one is a photo of the one reported stolen from a victim's home in Leon County (that would probably be the victim in Marquez).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_County,_Texas#Cities_and_towns

I found the second on Ebay for a starting bid $255. It's currently in the Netherlands and was made in the late 1800's. It's most definitely a pendulum (no battery) clock. It would not tick if leaned up against something as was described one woman. She described the ticking like a time bomb.

The clocks are very similar but not identical. I'm sure the Werner C. Uhrenfabrik Workshop in Villingen, Germany had numerous models, though. There are other fairly similar clocks offered on Ebay (search for "pendulum clock horse"), including one which is thought to be a cheaper Asian made knock-off from the 1930's--but still with a pendulum. There are many people of German heritage in Central Texas. This is probably a family heirloom.

As you can see, I'm just a wee bit obsessed with the clock angle. I don't think we have nearly all the details but I think this case is getting weirder by the minute.

re: the stolen clock --

"This clock was purchased in 1969 by the victim's son in Japan as he was returning from Vietnam," Wakefield said. "It has a lot of meaning to that lady."

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=263038

re: the hoodie --

ITA - it doesn't look oversized & baggy enough for the hip-hop look....if the Lubbock lizard bought it, wouldn't he buy a "cool" size?....still wondering if he stole it

re: Ross Dress for Less

there's a couple in Lubbock & Killeen has 1 (per a google search), numerous in Austin & surrounding areas (such as Cedar Park & Round Rock)...according to Ross's locator, the closest store to Yoakum is in Victoria, closest to Luling is San Marcos, the closest to Marquez is College Station....they're also in Waco & Temple.

re: fingerprints

I mentioned that TX requires thumbprints for a DL because the perp may not have a crime record where LE got his prints-- but he knows the state of TX has them because he gave them when he got a DL....everything I've read says there were no fingerprints left @ the crime scenes -- just "other forensic evidence and DNA".

Also, TX requires fingerprints for certain licenses - no telling how many- still researching it...so far, I've found it's required to get a license for PI & Insurance sales and adjuster.

re: relocated victim

At first I was thinking it was a Yoakum victim because it's a town of 4000, and Marquez is around 400.....kind of hard to hide in that small of a town....the news reports are very confusing. :confused:

I think that the ATM fellow is wearing a young girl's jacket and gloves. my immediate impression of the gloves was that they are the off-white, stretchy knit gloves available at Walmart in a two-pack. You get one pair brown, one pair ivory, for $5. I also agree with the jacket possibly coming from Ross. More likely, he borrowed it for a disguise to use the ATM, IMO.

This Lubbock guy fits the central texas description of young, slender, and dark-skinned. I think he could be black or multi-racial...possibly black/hispanic or black/white. I get the impression that he dresses better in "real life"...more clean-cut than he is trying to appear in the ATM pic.

If he is the same perp as the Central Texas guy, maybe he was visiting the Lubbock area for Thanksgiving.

Whether he is or isn't the same perp, I am positive that whomever is doing the Central Texas crimes has done more than have been reported. Some may have been reported as criminal mischief or simple burglary without mentioning rape or a rape attempt. These women are from my mother's generation, bless her soul. If mom were still with us, she would have rather kept the rape a secret than to have to face reporting it or being examined for evidence.

There area between Lubbock and Central Texas is large, and I live smack dab in the middle, in Abilene. I'll keep my eyes and ears open, but I think I would be aware if this type of crime was occurring in this area.

Someone mentioned the possibility that the perp is an LE family member who has access to detailed databases. My spouse is LE admin., and I have no special access...(I wish!). His stuff stays at work and all of the computerized stuff is very secure. It can only be accessed with his work computer in the city vehicle or station...not from our home computers. I suppose some small-town LE stuff might not not be so secure. I don't want to dis anyone, but it is not uncommon for a cop with character problems....(dishonesty, anger issues, addictions, etc.) to get a job with a very small, rural dept. after "resigning" from a larger city. Not many cops enjoy working in a sleepy town--it's boring and the pay is usually very low, but it is the perfect situation for a cop with something to hide since there isn't as much supervivion. Maybe he is a small-town cop, or even DPS?

Another thought--Mail handlers work nights until 3-ish, carriers go in very early, maybe 4-ish? They also have addresses and are able to observe daily routines and who lives alone, where they move to, and they blend right in to the neighborhood. The dogs even get used to them. I know a mailman who says dogs only bark at him when he carries his mail-bag. Without the bag, the doggies greet him with tail-wagging wet kisses!
Susan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-HORSE-F...ltDomain_0?hash=item3a56e6aa62#ht_4205wt_1167

OK, you want a German replica pendulum clock made in Asia, you got it. The horse finial is supposed to be a Lippizaner Stallion and the original clocks originated in Germany and the Netherlands. But....it still has the pendulum and 2 keyholes for winding. Can anyone answer the question of whether a pendulum type clock will stop ticking when its pendulum is stopped? I grew up with a grandfather clock and it's my memory that it did. I hated the ticking at night and would stop the pendulum and my Mom would get ticked with me. Maybe, I'm all wet. The clock pictured in this Ebay ad is quite reasonable (currently only $10) but does say that it was made in Asia sometime around the 1930's-1940's. I could see a son bringing home a pretty clock from Vietnam which he purchased in an "antique" shop on a side trip to Japan. Whatever it's monetary value, it's of great sentimental value and this lady needs it back.

The ONLY reason I'm hanging up on the clock is because of the ticking sound reported and that weird comment on that fraternity site by someone calling themselves "Tick Tock". The comment was about black rapists raping white women during the within 2 weeks of three attacks. Isn't that a little funky?

Texas Mist--Have we even considered the fact that the rapist might not have a TDL? I don't think I had to give a thumbprint for my ID card here in Oregon. How about other states?

This disgusts me. I hope the find this soon.

Missizzy - your find on the blog really strikes me. Have you called this in to LE? I think it should be.

Susan--I thought the rape in Lubbock occurred on Jan. 16th, not around Thanksgiving. Did I miss something?

I do think that LE should be looking at their own guys too. We've had so many tragedies involving security guards lately...even in Kennedale, TX last month. That's a possibility.

The blog I read at the link from Miss Izzey was about White men raping black women, not the other way around. It sighted for reference the Duke incident where the black woman said that three white men raped her.

Susan--I thought the rape in Lubbock occurred on Jan. 16th, not around Thanksgiving. Did I miss something?

I do think that LE should be looking at their own guys too. We've had so many tragedies involving security guards lately...even in Kennedale, TX last month. That's a possibility.

I thought Lubbock was Nov. 24, 2009. Maybe I'm wrong!

Ever since this current case became public, I've been thinking of another out-of-the- ordinary Texas case--the Baytown rapist who preyed on young men.

I'm posting this to give us hope that the Twilight Rapist will get caught and to give some insight into how similar and yet how dissimilar rapes can be. Note this guy used MANY of the same tactics on each and every victim. I guess it it works, you stay with it. The taking of rings bothers me as that plays into what the Mohler victims reported about the murders they witnessed.

Anyway:

http://www.tdcaa.com/node/2076

I thought Lubbock was Nov. 24, 2009. Maybe I'm wrong!

It's hard to keep up w/ because reporting is confusing, IMO, TGIR.

The Lubbock attack was Jan. 16, 2010...the Centerville attack (Leon County) was Nov. 24 2009.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/012210/upd_553327052.shtml

http://www.leoncountytoday.com/news...ers_release_description_of_serial_rapist.html

I wish we had dates & locations for all of them....maybe LE should release a little more info JIC it jostles someone's memory.

The discussion linked to the fraternity, Brothers Under Christ/Theta Chapter or Beta Upsilon Chi, is about the subject of race and rape. The Duke incident is mentioned but I was referring to this snip from the original post:

"The point of the question is this, it is an on going problem that black men are raping white women, yet this problem is not being addressed or mentioned in the media or anywhere. It needs be solved and reduced as well as all rape against who ever the victim is."

The poster, "Tick Tock" comments:

"rape is an act of violence.

perhaps there is a clue to the reason behind the violence?

it is wrong to characterize black or white rapists as sexual deviants… to them sex is their weapon in an assault." on Oct. 24, 2009 at 5:34 am

Txsvicki reported that she heard on the radio that the rape occurred on Jan. 16th at around 6:30 am. I believe she's local. It's my impression that the sudden appearance in Lubbock in the last week is what has everyone hopping as it's very rare for rapist like this to change their locale.

I find it odd that the Texas media isn't providing a very well crafted time line. The dates and locales are all hazy. Is this to protect the victims? I think it would be wise to have the public's input on possible tips.

WholeLottaRosie--I've heard from another poster who's a victim of a crime discussed on a thread in the past here that LE checks our posts. I have this vision of interns/rookies being assigned to run down all the strange little details we post. I have a feeling that LE beat me to it or has seen my post. Hopefully, they'll check it out as it is spooky.

It wasn't too hard to find. I just googled "tick tock rape". The post seems benign but the poster's name is strange as is the timing. I've looked and can't find that screen name used anywhere else for that fraternity.

Txsvicki reported that she heard on the radio that the rape occurred on Jan. 16th at around 6:30 am. I believe she's local. It's my impression that the sudden appearance in Lubbock in the last week is what has everyone hopping as it's very rare for rapist like this to change their locale.

I find it odd that the Texas media isn't providing a very well crafted time line. The dates and locales are all hazy. Is this to protect the victims? I think it would be wise to have the public's input on possible tips.

The media wouldn't even state what race the suspect is. No composite sketch, no nothing. How is anyone supposed be on a lookout for him?

The media wouldn't even state what race the suspect is. No composite sketch, no nothing. How is anyone supposed be on a lookout for him?

Why do they do that? Same here in Philly, jenny. They'll give descriptions right down to the guy had a wart on his finger, but not what race he is.

Surely LE has a reason for it.

Iz, if LE looks at posts here they're going to call you for a job. LOL You rock with your information and have empathy as well.

Excuse my ignorance, but who steals a clock? Honestly. TV, DVD, all kinds of electronics, games. A clock? One that can be tracked down as well. I'm betting it will be in someone's yard sale or a flea market.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back