GUILTY TX - Body of Julie Mott, 25, still missing from mortuary, 15 Aug 2015

Very doubtful that someone just stole her body and was riding around with it for some body snatcher purpose. A body will decompose even with embalming. Embalming only slows the process down, it doesn't stop it. IMO

The most likely outcome is she was cremated, which is what she wanted, but her remains weren't properly identified and her ashes are somewhere else -- either scattered or sitting in an urn in someone else's house. In other words, it's most likely the fault of the funeral home, who was found to be negligent and won't admit to their errors. IMO

All the above is IMO

Very doubtful that someone just stole her body and was riding around with it for some body snatcher purpose. A body will decompose even with embalming. Embalming only slows the process down, it doesn't stop it. IMO

The most likely outcome is she was cremated, which is what she wanted, but her remains weren't properly identified and her ashes are somewhere else -- either scattered or sitting in an urn in someone else's house. In other words, it's most likely the fault of the funeral home, who was found to be negligent and won't admit to their errors. IMO

All the above is IMO
This has always been exactly what I’ve thought happened. Cremated, identification error...

I am not sure if this is the same Julie Mott, and I can't find a NamUs link in this thread. The little information I have seems to match, except for a small age difference (25 vs 26). The profile was removed in the past hours. If it was this Julie's profile I wonder if her body was found.

I am not sure if this is the same Julie Mott, and I can't find a NamUs link in this thread. The little information I have seems to match, except for a small age difference (25 vs 26). The profile was removed in the past hours. If it was this Julie's profile I wonder if her body was found.

Does NAMUS normally include missing dead bodies from funeral homes?

No articles indicating that she has been located.

Does NAMUS normally include missing dead bodies from funeral homes?

No articles indicating that she has been located.
That’s why I am wondering too. This is such an unique situation, but I can’t find more information about MP32861 anywhere, unfortunately. I tried the wayback machine but I can only see the page as it is now, with the permission error.

I did find an article when searching for news that said that Julie’s body disappeared on what would have been her 26th birthday, August 15, so even the age matches along with the name, date and location.

That’s why I am wondering too. This is such an unique situation, but I can’t find more information about MP32861 anywhere, unfortunately. I tried the wayback machine but I can only see the page as it is now, with the permission error.

I did find an article when searching for news that said that Julie’s body disappeared on what would have been her 26th birthday, August 15, so even the age matches along with the name, date and location.
I think it's important she is in there, because if her body was stolen and hidden or buried somewhere rather than mistakenly cremated, then she needs to have her details there to be compared to if a set of remains is found that could be her. Perhaps her profile has been hidden for some reason, and was set to public accidentally but then corrected.

MOO

I think it's important she is in there, because if her body was stolen and hidden or buried somewhere rather than mistakenly cremated, then she needs to have her details there to be compared to if a set of remains is found that could be her. Perhaps her profile has been hidden for some reason, and was set to public accidentally but then corrected.

MOO
I agree, she should be in NamUs. I remember the case of a young man whose partial remains were found and in his NamUs profile under Circumstances it stated that the profile will remain up in case other remains were found.

I see that her profile was created on March 9 2016. I don’t know when it was made public, but I think it was up when I copied the Texas cases in April 2022. I’ll have to check my file, but I’m not on my computer at the moment.

When it was removed the Resolved cases went up by one case, so I hope that there are some developments that will be announced in the future. Her family deserves answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back