TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlithePlum

Reaction score
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpch.htm
(Couldn't find any news articles on this, but he is listed in TXDPS Missing Persons)

Family seems to be updating this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbrandonlawson

1235235_654626687891002_1620320002_n.jpg

Missing, Dead or On-The-Run: Where is Brandon Lawson?

http://sanangelolive.com/news/2013-09-24/missing-dead-or-run-where-brandon-lawson

Media/Timeline Thread: TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 TIMELINE/MEDIA ONLY NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Help Find Bradon Lawson Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbrandonlawson

The Observer : https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise

911 call on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FXg-zxS1lE&feature=youtu.be

The RULES: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1

Thread #2

THE RULES

All TOS applies here but a few rules are posted below as quick reminders. Only the Help Find Brandon facebook and The Observer sites are allowed at this time. If you have other sites you would like to discuss, send them to Coldpizza or myself for review.

We do not bash or attack family or loved ones. We do not engage in facebook or other social media wars. All info from social media is considered rumor and is not discussable.

Please post responsibly and respectfully towards your fellow members and those connected to this case.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Salem & the Mod Squad

Can someone tell me why I cannot view thread number 2 for BL?

So ALL FB is not allowed to be discussed or ONLY from the approved FB (HFBL)? Just want to be clear. :)

So ALL FB is not allowed to be discussed or ONLY from the approved FB (HFBL)? Just want to be clear. :)

Again, I'm not a mod and perhaps one will come in and explain it more clearly, but I believe ONLY the official HFBL can be discussed (paraphrased) but it is all considered to be rumor and no copy/pasting or screen shots of comments there are allowed.

Generally what can be copy/pasted is QUOTES FROM ARTICLES AND NO MORE THAN 10% with a link from MSM (main stream media) [modsnip] and there are very few of those that I have found. I'm not even sure if the Coke County Observer is considered MSM.

I'm not sure if the website created by lostnmissing is allowed.

Perhaps a mod can clarify this a little better. I'll alert my post and ask one to come explain.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hi guys, thread 2 is still under review. Right now The Help find pg and Brandon's pg are allowed. I'm checking with admin in regards to another pg that was sent to me. (that may take some time though so please be patient a little longer.

:tyou:

Ok so I'm assuming the BL website created by lostnmissing is a blog and to be treated just like facebook.

And from reading this I guess the Observer is to be treated the same? Perhaps if/when MM gets verified here there might be some more leniency to discuss things from her as a verified reporter.

So it's all RUMOR!!! :D

I have no idea...nothing much to discuss in the way of facts. There is very little MSM on B's case.

ETA: Per mods lostnmissing blog is NOT allowed

Here's the info for getting verified:

Verified / Professional Posters

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some may have special inside knowledge about a case or be directly related to a player in the case. This is all extremely valuable information for the forum. However, we like to make sure that anyone posting as a professional in a specific area (doctor, lawyer, search and rescue, etc.), or as someone with inside information, truly is what/who they claim to be. Verification is 100% optional. No posters are required to become verified unless they wish to post inside or professional information. If you wish to become verified, please contact the owners at wsverify@xmission.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, and your phone number and a good time to call. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ok so I'm assuming the BL website created by lostnmissing is a blog and to be treated just like facebook.

And from reading this I guess the Observer is to be treated the same? Perhaps if/when MM gets verified here there might be some more leniency to discuss things from her as a verified reporter.

I have no idea...nothing much to discuss in the way of facts. There is very little MSM on B's case.

Yes, The Observer pg is allowed, i'll add it to the OP.

I would think the Observer is mainstream media as it is a local newspaper publication in that area.

I'm hoping the moderators allow some other sites as for now about the only information from approved sources is that Brandon is missing (can't use the coordinates even). That is not a criticism of the moderators or their decisions. They do an amazing job on this site and it's good to see their posts, guidelines, and answers to questions.

I would think the Observer is mainstream media as it is a local newspaper publication in that area.

I'm hoping the moderators allow some other sites as for now about the only information from approved sources is that Brandon is missing (can't use the coordinates even). That is not a criticism of the moderators or their decisions. They do an amazing job on this site and it's good to see their posts, guidelines, and answers to questions.

Observer is allowed! Yay! At least we have something!

With more and more news outlets etc going to facebook it really restricts what we can talk about.

So techpuppy your wonderful maps are allowed! Just as long as you use the coordinates provided by the Observer, since that is a valid news source. I know there were 2 different coordinates given and one came from the search map on the Observer page. Where did the other one come from again?

And perhaps if MM comes back she might be able to clarify the discrepancy.

So techpuppy your wonderful maps are allowed! Just as long as you use the coordinates provided by the Observer, since that is a valid news source. I know there were 2 different coordinates given and one came from the search map on the Observer page. Where did the other one come from again?

And perhaps if MM comes back she might be able to clarify the discrepancy.
The first set showing the truck just south of the bridge at the Colorado River was from the Observer. The other set came from the "blog". The gps information appears to be part of a missing poster, but it just might be a header and/or may not be a part of an official poster.

The first set showing the truck just south of the bridge at the Colorado River was from the Observer. The other set came from the "blog". The gps information appears to be part of a missing poster, but it just might be a header and/or may not be a part of an official poster.

Well I would bet the missing poster came from the blog creator. Kind of makes it hard to distinguish what is ok and what isn't since the blog creator is working with LL. But just to be safe I would stick with the search map location on the Observer.

MM, if you are out there can you confirm that the LKP Vehicle on your search map posted on the Observer fb is indeed the exact location of where the truck was found?

https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise

search map posted on 12/23/13

Well I would bet the missing poster came from the blog creator. Kind of makes it hard to distinguish what is ok and what isn't since the blog creator is working with LL. But just to be safe I would stick with the search map location on the Observer.

MM, if you are out there can you confirm that the LKP Vehicle on your search map posted on the Observer fb is indeed the exact location of where the truck was found?

https://www.facebook.com/ObserverEnterprise

search map posted on 12/23/13

That map was from the TexSAR briefing report. It is correct.

So... not much to discuss that's within TOS. We can talk about our opinions as long as we make it clear it's just our opinion with IMO (in my opinion) or the beloved MOO cow(my opinion only).

MOO :moo:
I'm about 50/50 now for deceased vs on the run.

What's everyone thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members