TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 #6

I’m very relieved for the sake of his family, that Brandon’s remains appear to have been found. They have been waiting an awful long time for this & are in my thoughts as they wait for official confirmation.

Also one of the very first cases I followed when I discovered this rabbit hole we call Websleuths & I think our early cases always hold a special place in our hearts.

Wow finally! I remember every little detail about Brandon going missing. I'm so glad the family gets to have this closure.
I'm very curious as to exactly where his remains were found, and I do hope they share the details.

Wow finally! I remember every little detail about Brandon going missing. I'm so glad the family gets to have this closure.
I'm very curious as to exactly where his remains were found, and I do hope they share the details.
I’m curious about cause of death. If foul play is involved it will deepen the mystery.

Two people involved in the search party that found the new evidence are from The podcast "Cults, Crimes & Cabernet" and they did a quick episode with Missing Alissa Turney's sister Sarah Turney on her podcast Voices for Justice. They talked a little about the terrain and area that everything was found and about the items that were found. The location was on private property that had never been searched. It was gated and the owners do not live there. The episode was posted on Feb 9th in case anyone want's to give it a listen. This is how I found this case in the first place. I am glad that it seems like his family is on their way to more and better answers.

My brother had a similar freak out after using meth again after a period of sobriety. He seemed completely lucid that day, up until the point he ran off the cliffs in La Jolla convinced people were chasing him. He survived only because a lady walking her dog the next day found him. We found his car at the top of the cliffs with his keys and cellphone and drugs still inside. He basically parked it and ran. You can see the video of his rescue if you YouTube "cliff rescue from box canyon in LaJolla". If you watch it, you can see how easily someone can disappear into the terrain. He survived, but barely. Meth is a scary sad drug.

If more thorough search has been allowed right away, maybe he would have been found and resuscitated. It's awful that property owners are liable if something happens during a search, I think there should be exceptions for occurrences like this.

If more thorough search has been allowed right away, maybe he would have been found and resuscitated.

My first thought when I read he was so close was, what if they had found him that night or the next day? He may have still been alive.

I'm glad he has (potentially) been found though. I can't imagine the angst just not knowing either way.

My personal opinion is foul play. I know I sound like a broken record, but the 911 call has another persons voice at the end. That is what makes me know someone else is there.

And yes, I know a lot of people think he was hallucinating, or he had his mouth turned away from the phone, but you are going to have to have more than just I think to convince me. I have listened to that 911 call hundreds of times and I know I hear another person say "yes" (like someone heavy is sitting on his chest) at the very moment Brandon says "No...I need the cops". I just cannot let it go and un-hear it. I am sorry.

My personal feeling is someone really did chase him out of San Angelo for some reason, caught up to him when he ran out of gas and they killed him. I always thought they took his remains with them and he was far away. I am so hoping they can find some evidence of foul play. I personally don't think he was hallucinating. JMO

My personal opinion is foul play. I know I sound like a broken record, but the 911 call has another persons voice at the end. That is what makes me know someone else is there.

And yes, I know a lot of people think he was hallucinating, or he had his mouth turned away from the phone, but you are going to have to have more than just I think to convince me. I have listened to that 911 call hundreds of times and I know I hear another person say "yes" (like someone heavy is sitting on his chest) at the very moment Brandon says "No...I need the cops". I just cannot let it go and un-hear it. I am sorry.

My personal feeling is someone really did chase him out of San Angelo for some reason, caught up to him when he ran out of gas and they killed him. I always thought they took his remains with them and he was far away. I am so hoping they can find some evidence of foul play. I personally don't think he was hallucinating. JMO

Same. I hear another person on that call.

Thanks Vedder.....I think I am the only person who hears it and I just cannot get passed it. Brandon even says....I've got one here, like he might have fought with one of them and had overpowered him and sat on him. Then I think his friends found them and the result is the remains that were recently found.

I never hear the gun shots myself, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. He died somehow!

They have stated the remains were not far from the vehicle. Within days, Ladessa hired a plane to fly over. I guess it was too high to see his remains, but I truly think he was deceased very shortly after the 911 call. If someone texted, I don't think it was BL......was his cell phone found with the remains? It should be in the vicinity if he was hallucinating. If there is no evidence of his cell phone, then where is it? It pinged close to the river, but his body was not by the river. Did someone throw it into the river when they headed into Bronte? Where is his cell phone?

It will be interesting to see what Jason Watts has to say if he ever can give us any info.

I agree. I distinctly hear gunshots near the end of the 911 call (they don't sound the same over electronic transmission as they sound in person....the microphones just can't catch the power of a gunshot). I've thought, since I first heard that recording, that he was murdered.

Why else would he "need a cop"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back