TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 #6

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by 0101ABA, Aug 29, 2016.

1. world3

world3 Member

My guess: he isn't going to share the pictures or video.

He collected $1,000, but doesn't feel that he should have to share the results of the search with the people who donated or anyone else. I personally find that very sketchy.

Rellabella and nannymo like this.

2. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

I say 3 because of Brandon's size, what he said on the 911 call and what I heard on the 911 call. "They" chased "us"...there's 4 already!
    I am interested in hearing your ideas about KL and LL. Some of the things KL stated in his interview did not ring true to me. I would have to listen to it again to remember everything. I have said it before, but will state it again. If you have never traveled to and from San Angelo, you would not realize what I am talking about, but several things about this whole story don't ring right to my gut.

I do not personally think BL was alone on the 911 call. It will take a lot to convince me the other voice answering "yes" at the end is BL. It is a totally different voice and BL actually speaks over him for a split second. Therefore, I don't think he was hallucinating.
    Also, you can't see someone from the river all the way to BL's truck. You never leave San Angelo without gas! I've made that trip numerous times and there is nothing close for gas after you leave there. You just know better.
    My opinion only, but he was running when he left SA and got caught when he ran out of gas. Someone overpowered him (at least 2-3) and he is somewhere between Bronte and Mexico!

3. ekardh

ekardh Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that Kyle Lawson was involved in his brother's disappearance?

We have a drug user who makes a somewhat unintelligible phonecall shortly before he vanishes. While it's indeed possible there was something more afoot, I prefer to take the path of least resistance and surmise that Brandon had a bad trip, wandered into the wilderness and died.

fcompton0003 and MadMcGoo like this.
  4. nannymo

First... let me state I don't think KL was involved in Brandon's disappearance.....
    Second.....Both brothers were drug users. So anything is possible.
    Third.....Where BL went missing is not "the wilderness". A small town with a population of just under 1000 people is 2 miles up the road. There are houses close by.
    Lastly, it is my very strong opinion another person is on the 911 call so BL was not hallucinating. JMO tho.

AzPistonsGirl and world3 like this.
  5. interestedincases

interestedincases I would rather be fishing...

Both BBM - These are my theories too. I think little bits and pieces of every "story" or "rumor" are true and they all fit together somehow. The entire night was chaos and I think we got portions of the stories from KL and LL, but not all. Because illegal things were happening, people clam up and aren't upfront to begin with. Do I think either had anything to do with what happened, I don't think so, but I do think something happened at Walmart and went forward from there. Whether KL and LL knew a little more on that information and didn't share it....maybe.

AzPistonsGirl, world3 and nannymo like this.
  6. Dnp2be

Dnp2be Well-Known Member

I’ll be honest, I never considered what some of you are suggesting and I’m obviously not remembering everything because Walmart isn’t ringing a bell. However, I find the theory that he was never on that road that night very interesting and quite possible. I know @world3 you said you believe KL was involved in his disappearance/did something to Brandon. I can accept that to be plausible especially if affair was involved.

For those that have stated they don’t think KL was involved, what do you believe his part was? Because he was out there on that road where Brandon’s truck was. He spoke to the trooper. Do you believe Brandon was out there that night? Do you think KL witnessed or tried to stop whatever was happening?

All very interesting and I appreciate any that will put their theories out there. Side note but...My 10 year old always asks me to tell her a missing persons story on the way to school. She never fails to amaze me with her own theories. I often wonder if it’s her innocence or simplicity or only have the bare facts of a case due to my limited memory recall (lol). Maybe my mind just gets too elaborate sometimes.

world3 and nannymo like this.
  7. nannymo

Dnp2be...thank you for your input. My theory is that it is BL on the 911 call. I think someone in San Angelo was chasing him and he left SA abruptly. People who live and travel to and from San Angelo KNOW to fill up with gas before they leave because it is pretty far to the next gas station. It's just something you do before you leave town. Brandon did not do that and he was supposedly going at least over 200 miles away from San Angelo in the middle of the night. So KL's story that "some Mexican's from the neighborhood" chased him to me has some truth to it. I think it was a drug deal gone bad myself around Walmart, but that is based on rumor! One I feel has some truth to it, but has not been in MSM as proof.

I think whoever was chasing him caught up to him when he ran out of gas and he "was chased into the woods". He caught one guy (from the 911 call).....they fought and BL had him detained on the ground when he called 911. I think that is the person who says "yes" in the back ground. That voice sounds like they can barely breath and I think BL could be sitting on him. His yes is very breathy and forced.

Then "the other guy" somehow finds them and they overpower BL. I would have to look at the timeline again, but BL communicated with KL AFTER the 911 call. I think KL and his girlfriend know more than what they are telling.

Someone posting early on in the thread spoke to a Texas Ranger friend who thinks a drug cartel could have been involved. If that is true, his body is probably in Mexico and will never be discovered. I hope his family has found some peace and I am hopeful they will avoid the drug scene and stay clean. They all need peace. I am afraid he will never be found and we will never know the truth. JMO tho

8. Dnp2be

Dnp2be Well-Known Member

Thank you @nannymo for your input. It’s a plausible theory IMO. I think maybe all 3 know more than they let on and if your theory is correct, I could see why. Cartel is not one to mess with. And neither is anyone who is in that business. I’ve seen people I’ve known my whole life become someone completely different when on drugs. And reflecting on your post, It makes sense to me why a family member would keep quiet instead. If they already know what happened or the outcome, they don’t really need to help solve the case especially when it could put heat on them and their loved ones. Whoever hurt him probably would have no qualms about hurting any one of them either. And as parents we are ingrained to protect our children at all costs. So I agree with you, I also hope his loved ones have found acceptance and I think if you are correct, they might wish the case would go away. I remember watching a tv show where a victims loved one spoke to the killers daughter. The daughter had written a book detailing her fathers murders and the victims loved one explained how it wasn’t fair or right that she has to relive their tragedy while his daughter profits off the victims story. I will always remember that.

thank you again for sharing.

nannymo likes this.
  9. world3

world3 Member

No link. Yes, this is a theory of mine that I cannot conclusively prove yet. I should have made that clear. I apologize.

10. world3

world3 Member

I see.

Yeah, I definitely hear several voices on the call as well.

One thing is that there was a gas station about 2 blocks from his house on the road he would have had to take to get to the fwy/hwy.

Even if he had stopped at Walmart, he would have passed that gas station first.

He called his Dad prior to leaving home saying that he was going to go there. He definitely would have left his home with the intention of making that long trip. His gas bell would have reminded him to get gas as soon as he started driving most likely. Even if it didn't, he would have known to get gas for his trip.

I don't believe he would have passed that gas station without putting gas. Unless the chase started at his house.

Dnp2be and nannymo like this.
  11. world3

world3 Member

I am not sure what you mean by taking the path of least resistance. Do you mean to say you want to take the easiest answer which you believe will have the most people agree with you?

Or do you mean that's the most likely answer? I would have to disagree. I believe the most likely answer is that:

Everyone we know was involved that night was high. If Brandon Lawson (allegedly) being high ruins his credibility, then no one involved was credible. If Brandon Lawson was hallucinating that night due to the (alleged) drug use, then they should have all been hullucinating, since they were getting it from the same source (allegedly), and at least Chris was even (allegedly) getting high with Brandon Lawson. So he should have been losing his mind too if Brandon Lawson was.

And no, a prior OD would not "mess up the chemically imbalance of his brain" as KL claimed. If you OD on a drug and get brain damage because of it... you have brain damage all the time. Brain damage doesn't go away and come back. Brain damage is permanent and affects the person 24/7 forever. And brain damage doesn't mess up chemical balances in the brain that are only triggered by using a drug.

The fact that Brandon Lawson was not a stranger to meth makes me even more sure that he didn't use some drugs, completely not be able to control himself, hallucinate, run off in some fields and die. If it was PCP. Acid. Alcohol. I would consider that, but it was meth and everyone else that night was okay after using it.

KL implies in the podcast that Brandon Lawson was an IV drug user. KL says that he has never "done it like that" and implies that because Brandon Lawson allegedly injected the meth, then that was why Brandon Lawson lost his mind... BS. I can see in the picture of KL in the chair that KL is definitely an IV drug user and I can tell by the track marks on his arms.

I think that the most obvious answer if that is what you are looking for is: the last people to see him alive are the most likely reason behind him being gone.

Dnp2be likes this.
  12. world3

world3 Member

I believe that if LL and KL were having an affair the whole scenario makes a bit more sense. Also, it gives a possible motive behind a possible murder.

LL claims she was angry at Brandon Lawson and fought with him due to him being high, and claims she doesn't like drugs around the kids.

But I think that Brandon Lawson was the one who was mad at LL that night. Not her at him.

For one thing, after Brandon Lawson left LL called Brandon Lawson asking him to come home or at least go to KL's home, to which Brandon Lawson refused before supposedly losing signal. Also, in an interview LL says she "never got to say she was sorry."

Those are 2 reasons off the top of my head about why I think it was Brandon Lawson who was the one breaking up with her and not her mad at him.

Maybe, when Brandon Lawson was out all night in Ft Woth the night before when he didn't go home, someone told him about LL and KL sleeping together behind Brandon Lawson back.

Or possibly Chris told Brandon Lawson about it when they were allegedly getting high before Brandon Lawson went to Ft Worth that night.

It even could have been the neighbor, Matt, who told Brandon Lawson about the affair, which would be a reason of why there were calls placed between Brandon Lawson and Matt the night he went missing and the day before. I don't buy the whole lending/borrowing explanation that has been given for the calls.

(Its even p[ossible that Brandon Lawson came home from Ft Worth that night unexpectedly and caught LL and KL in the act.)

So, say someone told Brandon Lawson about an affair between LL and KL and Brandon Lawson confronts LL about it that night and they get into a big fight.

(I read somewhere that one of the neighbors said Brandon Lawson and LL were fighting over "cheating" that night.)

Maybe LL calls KL and tells him that Brandon Lawson found out, and that was the reason for KL showing up at her house, and not to "check on her."

It's possible that KL became very concerned about Brandon Lawson telling AK that KL was cheating on her with LL. Maybe KL was afraid AK would take their 4 yr old son and leave him if Brandon Lawson told her.

So, in order for AK to not find out, and because he's afraid of Brandon Lawson doing something to him, KL kills Brandon Lawson.

Maybe KL killed Brandon Lawson in Brandon Lawson home. Maybe at Chris's house, or Matts, or Lori's house. Or maybe Brandon Lawson made it to Ft Worth, and went to a friends house there, and KL showed up at the friends house and took Brandon Lawson somewhere and killed him. Maybe even killed him at the friends house.

I think it's most likely that KL killed Brandon Lawson at the location where he left his body, due to BL's size. Dead bodies are extremely heavy and hard to move, I know this firsthand. I doubt KL could have carried Brandon Lawson's dead body more than a few feet (if that) without help. Plus, he would have had to put it in the truck and that would have gotten the attention of neighbors for sure.

So, I think there must have been at least 1 other male there with KL to force Brandon Lawson into going to the location where Brandon Lawson was killed. There are a few people I think could have been the accomplice but I would say the most likely would have been Chris.

Afterwards, KL takes Brandon Lawson's body and dumps it in a lake or somewhere between Crowley and Bronte. He then takes Brandon Lawson's truck and parks it all weird on the side of hwy 277 near brone late at night. He then calls AK to pick him up and take him home. That would be a reason AK would have been out there with her 4 yr old son after midnight on hwy 277. KL could have waited for AK in the area that the grass was smashed down where they claim Brandon Lawson could have been hiding. (Or maybe KL waited under the bridge.)

He planned to leave the truck there on hwy 277 to throw off investigators by staging the scene. Make investigators look for Brandon Lawson in the wrong area, with the wrong timeline.

When AK arrives to get KL he is on the phone with 911 pretending to be Brandon Lawson. He pourposely makes himself hard to understand; to disguise his voice and to confuse the cops even further. He tells 911 that he is in the middle of a field and someone is chasing him into the woods please hurry. While on the phone the cop shows up.

When the cop got there KL is standing by Brandon Lawson truck door and the cop approaches the truck from the back saying to KL "is this your truck?" to which KL responds that it was his brothers truck who ("ran out of gas" -911 call audio) and that he there to bring Brandon Lawson gas.

The cop asks KL if he is on the phone with Brandon Lawson, because KL is on the phone still when the cop pulls up. KL says he is trying to call Brandon Lawson but he isn't answering. ("no we're not talking to him"-911 call audio) and tells the cop he almost ran into the truck ("I almost ran into him" -911 call audio) when he was trying to find the truck. Which is the reason KL gives for having to make a U turn and parking on the opposite side of the road facing the opposite direction than Brandon Lawson's truck.

KL wants to leave asap and asks the cop if he can drive up the road and try to find him. The cop says okay but that KL should go the other way since the cop just came from one way and didn't see anyone walking.

There were 2 cops looking for Brandon Lawson that night... The cop talking to KL, and Deputy Fox, who was looking on Hwy 277 on the other side of Bronte ("on both sides" -911 call audio).

Telling KL he is finished there for now, ("I'm done" -911 call audio) but if Brandon Lawson doesn't show up by the morning he is going to have the truck towed; the cop looks over Brandon Lawson's interior with a quick visual scan of the trucks interior before rolling up the window, turning on the hazard lights (sound of a blinker -911 call audio), and locking it up.

KL gets into his car and hears the 911 operators voice say "do you need an ambulance?" KL realises that he never hung up the phone after saying "please hurry" to the operator. Not knowing what else to do and knowing he made a mistake ("crap." -911 call audio) he decides to play it off and says "No I need the Cop."

KL and AK leave and go back to San Angelo and pick up Chris, so he can be a witness to KL searching for Brandon Lawson.

In the morning KL, AK, and Chris go to fill up the gas can at Stripes in Bronte. KL parks on the side of the gas station and AK gets out and goes to the pump to put $5 of gas in the can. The cops know this due to the gas station cameras getting it on video which the cops reviewed.

KL goes back to Brandon Lawson's truck and fills puts the $5 worth of gas in the truck and leaves the empty gas can in Brandon Lawson truck bed.

Kyle put the gas in the truck incase anyone decides to check and see if Brandon Lawson really had run out of gas. That way when/if LE saw the truck gas tank wasn't empty, KL could say it was because of the $5 of gas he put in the tank.

LL then covered for KL. Agreeing with his story and saying it's BL voice in the 911 call, etc.

KL and LL both left town a month and a half after Brandon Lawson went missing, and I'm pretty sure they both moved in to Brandon Lawson parents house in Crowley. For sure LL Minus AK who went into rehab, supposedly, and didn't ever resume the relationship with KL after getting out. Maybe she found out about the affair anyways. Or maybe because KL moved in with his parents and there wasn't room for her and the kid too with LL and KL and BL's kids staying there also. Maybe AK suspected KL killed Brandon Lawson.

(I think it's weird that AK is on Brandon Lawson's friend list and not on LL's friend list.)

This is just one of my theories. I have a few. But this scenario is possible, I believe. What do you think?

Watchingtime likes this.
  13. Spiritecho

Spiritecho Well-Known Member

@world3

I have a brother who has a meth issue. He can get drugs from the same person for 2 weeks say. Go back and get drugs and it be a different 'batch'. Therefore it can, indeed, cause a chemical imbalance, different reaction, hallucinations, etc. So don't 'assume' this was not the case for Brandon that night.
    Additionally, 2 or more people can partake of the same drug and have different experiences. So please don't assume because everyone else did not have the same reactions means Brandon didn't.
    If he had bought from Chris, went to Ft. Worth and partied with a different source, and back to Chris, that is different batches.
    It, IMO, also alters everyone's perception, recollection and the like of that night. If LL, KL, Chris, AK did not cooperate then there are pieces missing that would make things a little clearer for us.

If I'm recalling correctly, Brandon's mom called Kyle hoping Kyle could get Brandon to 'calm' down, right? Do you feel his mom is lying or Kyle made it up? Didn't Kyle want Brandon to come to his house? as in, to try and diffuse the conflict between BL and LL. So this leads me to believe that Brandon was having some sort of an issue, be that anger, rage, catching his brother and LL together, drugs, etc.

I don't know anything about a picture of KL in a chair.

If Brandon had indeed been 'clean' for a month, 3, 6, or a year then he COULD have issues when the drug abuse started back up.
    And it is known that Meth, Pot, LSD, Acid, Codiene, Morphine, you get the idea, can indeed alter brain functions either temporarily or cause permanent damage. This is one of the reasons why people become addicts. IMO
    The same goes for prior OD's. It does alter the brain/body chemistry, the same as any other 'injury' to the brain/body.

If Brandon was in an 'altered' state, had been to Ft. Worth the day before, made a flying trip back to SA and then wanted to go to Crowley, he may NOT have checked his fuel gauge and he may NOT have paid any attention to a dinging fuel alert. He could have thought he just fueled, when it could have been when he left Ft. Worth.
    What was the year and model of the truck, did it have a low fuel alert? way back in the day it only lit up an 'icon'. Did it have a working low fuel alert? Do we know?

I am basing the following on my experiences dealing with my brother. Yesterday he told me he made himself tacos for supper. Today he told me he ate the food I had left in his fridge. Tomorrow he will tell me he needs groceries as he has no food. He had tacos a week ago, I did leave prepared food in his fridge on Thursday. I am going back to Texas today with his fridge/pantry stocked with food. Yesterday he wanted me to pay his bills and some other stuff. I had taken him the day before to do those errands. The point being his memory recall/perceptions are whacked.I hope that made sense LOL.
    Based on what I've read Brandon did NOT have these issues or a lot of people covered for him. If he was in that shape I don't see him having an oilfield job but perhaps I'm naive.

I do find your thoughts very legit and interesting. It has given me more food for thought and maybe answers to why things are not as KL, LL, AK, Chris have stated. The sub thread is a bit hard for me as the colors and fonts mess with my eyes and I struggle to read.

14. world3

world3 Member

2 things off of the top of my head that don't ring true in KL's podcast are that AK messaged BL's phone saying the cops were at his truck, but KL says Brandon Lawson saw the cops coming from far up the road and told KL "1 time run!!"

and that's another thing... I read a lot that KL and the cop pulled up at the same time but in KL interview he said that Brandon Lawson told him "1 time run!" when he saw the cop coming from up the road.

Also, does anyone know which direction Brandon Lawson truck was facing? Like was it facing towards San Angelo or towards Bronte??

UnderWhelmed405 likes this.
  15. world3

world3 Member

You are right I need to change those horrid colors on the sub. lol. Thanks for mentioning it.

The fact that Brandon Lawson had been working at the same job for 13 months with no issues, and the fact that he wasn't strung out, make me feel confident that he was not having some kinda insanity trip that night. Also, Chris was just fine, and he and Brandon Lawson got high together.

16. world3

world3 Member

The only reason KL wanted Brandon Lawson to come by, was when he found out Brandon Lawson was getting some dope, and he asked Brandon Lawson to go to his house when KL got off work. IMO to go get him and AK high. Brandon Lawson didn't show up though cus he supposedly went to Ft Worth. (crowley?).

Supposedly LL called Brandon Lawson's mom after Brandon Lawson left telling the mom Brandon Lawson was trippin out. Sounds to me more like Brandon Lawson was pissed off, than that he was out of his mind.

He didn't want to go to KL house, which is odd especially since as you said: KL had been waiting for him to show up for 2 days. Why wouldn't he just go crash at KL's house since KL wanted him to stop by and get him blazed out anyways. Makes me think he was pissed off at KL, too.He felt he had no one left in San Angelo that night and he supposedly headed out to the people he trusted and wanted to be around. according to the story given anyways.

The thing about Brandon Lawson not getting gas that I find almost impossible to believe is that the gas station was literally on a road he had to go down to get to the fwy, and only like 2 blocks from his house. Even if his tank was 1/2 way full, he would have stopped to fill up because Ft Worth (Crowley) is about 4 hrs away and would take a full tank of gas to get there; and he knew that already.

He wasn't too out of his mind to grab his phone charger and a change of clothing on the way out, so he was thinking ahead. If he had been just losing his mind and going wild he wouldn't have thought to grab a phone charger on his way out, IMO.

17. nannymo

It is approximately 30 miles from BL's house to where he ran out of gas. Most vehicles average 16-20 miles per gallon which would mean he only had a couple of gallons of gas when he left his house which is crazy when you know you are about to travel 400 miles! It doesn't make sense at all!

Dnp2be, world3 and cnmccarthy like this.
  18. world3

world3 Member

i changed the colors :)

Spiritecho and nannymo like this.
  19. world3

world3 Member

I made this video to help spread awareness about Brandon. Also, to point out visually how Brandon Lawson was not found on the correct highway, if he was truly headed to Crowley that evening.

20. Spiritecho

Spiritecho Well-Known Member

So the 911 call, the Sheriff's Office/Deputy and Kylie are making it up where Brandon's truck was found?

Or you are implying the truck was left there by someone else and Brandon was miles away? And the 911 call from Brandon was in a different area, yet close to Bronte???

I'm just a little confused here, it can't be both ways.

ETA: Could you post just STILLS of your maps? The 5 second view in the video doesn't let me see what you are showing. TY :D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021