TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 #6

I think it was LE who told the family they could not search properties. LE was not willing to help a lot. The properties around where he went missing were hundreds of acres owned by a few people. It probably took a concerned person from Ladessa's group personally asking the owners if they could search.

I think it was LE who told the family they could not search properties. LE was not willing to help a lot. The properties around where he went missing were hundreds of acres owned by a few people. It probably took a concerned person from Ladessa's group personally asking the owners if they could search.
A lot is explained in the Crime Con video/podcast. It’s worth a listen I think!

Just listened to the podcast Apparently he was found just short of a mile from his truck.

And yes! Jason Watts wrote the landowner a letter. The landowner lived in another part of the state and did not know anyone was missing. That is how he was able to search. I feel LE (the Sheriff) dropped the ball not letting family search or at least calling some land owners to see if they can search. The owner was perfectly fine helping.
Thanks @MadMcGoo !

A lot is explained in the Crime Con video/podcast. It’s worth a listen I think!

Thank you! Yes, it was helpful. I cannot believe that there still hasn't been confirmation yet.

I do wish that Dylan Round's family would listen to this interview and maybe talk to the family. It may help them in their quest and with their anger towards LE.

Isn't that what search warrants are for? Even if the land owner says no, LE can get a warrant and search anyway if there's reason to think a deceased person might be there right?

What would be LEs motivation for not doing this?

The landowners were not asked. LE made up their mind early on that BL had staged his disappearance to get away from an arrest warrant. Small town, egotistical sheriff, etc. It was not the fault of the family or landowners. It was LE saying "you cannot search-landowners will not allow it." When the family was trying to search, LE was driving by to make sure they did not cross over into privately owned land. There were a couple of land searches done by LE, but he was not discovered.

Happy 36th Birthday Brandon, whether it's a heavenly one or one somewhere on this earth.

The family noted on the Find Brandon Lawson page last night that law enforcement said it could take up to a year for the DNA to come back. Praying for answers soon for them.

Happy 36th Birthday Brandon, whether it's a heavenly one or one somewhere on this earth.

The family noted on the Find Brandon Lawson page last night that law enforcement said it could take up to a year for the DNA to come back. Praying for answers soon for them.
How the heck does it take a year???

So a friend of mine just did a home DNA test and the results came back TWO DAYS after the lab received them. Is there a way to get the family "unofficial" results like this so they have answers?

So a friend of mine just did a home DNA test and the results came back TWO DAYS after the lab received them. Is there a way to get the family "unofficial" results like this so they have answers?
I am not an expert, but it is likely that your friend submitted a cheek swab for their at-home DNA test. I suspect that it is much easier to extract DNA from a fresh cheek swab than from bone that has been exposed to the elements. Further, I suspect that different technical devices would be required to analyze cheek swabs vs. bone. MOO.

1*jCKI_RfRb0cO1hXx1ITJxQ.jpeg

Regarding the remains found;

"Since our last post the laboratory has been continuing to try to pull any kind of DNA/Genetic markers from the remains. A few weeks ago one of the tests was able to extract some information. This test confirms that the remains are in fact those of a Male. The test was also able to extract some Genetic markers that can be compared to DNA from Brandon's father in attempt to ID them as being Brandon."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back