Found Safe TX - Brianna Morgan Gilbert, 22, went missing during shift break, Amarillo, 30 Mar 2021

SM was pressuring her for more money because her and her two children solely rely on Brianna for all financial responsibilities.

Ahhh, I thought as much as new details came in over the past few days. Brianna is totally a cash cow for this lady and her 2 children.
Brianna is being financially abused and controlled and it needs to stop.

If the only way for it to stop is for Brianna to run away and start her life over again, I'm glad it looks like she has. (Well, I hope she has and is safe and happier.)

JMO

Last edited:
You sure can’t! It turns out the SO’s children has the actual smart phone that Brianna had. She gave them it and bought the cheap phone for herself
Ah geez. Sounds like she has a heart of gold, and that may be what has gotten her in to trouble. : (

Brianna needs to be found ASAP!
Someone at that dairy must know something; even the tiniest detail could lead to finding her.

amateur opinion and speculation

Ahhh, I thought as much as new details came in over the past few days. Brianna is totally a cash cow for this lady and her 2 children.
Brianna is being financially abused and controlled and it needs to stop.

If the only way for it to stop is for Brianna to run away and start her life over again, I'm glad it looks like she has. (Well, I hope she has and is safe and happier.)
I have to always remind myself that regardless of how I see it, the people in question may be consenting/willing participants to the arrangement.

I have to always remind myself that regardless of how I see it, the people in question may be consenting/willing participants to the arrangement.

Yes but with a developmental delay that effects your ability to understand other people's intentions it's manipulative and harmful. MOO

How do you know that is the same Brianna Gilbert? JMO missing BG was only 20 y/o in April 2019 when the photo was taken, and that is very young to be an AM2. JMO missing BG finished HS May 2018 at age 19 (based on @PommyMommy photo progression from May 2014), may have started with later class due to late year birthday (per Tyler Odyssey Portal page). So how could missing BG have gone to basic training, advanced training, acquired her rate and been promoted several times when she could not even have qualified to sit for promotion exams? And she has been out of the military for a long time now? I don't think this timeline works. (Although I wonder if she left to join the Navy.)

Can the VI verify this information you are claiming that BG was in the Navy? Thank you.
Sister has verified the Navy but not necessarily the picture. I have reported my post to mods to have them remove since it is not 100% that it is Bri.

Yes Brianna was in the Navy, but only barely through bootcamp. She was let go because of her mental health.
Thank you for verifying. I have seen several comments from those that knew her there on a family member's public post.

Yes but with a developmental delay that effects your ability to understand other people's intentions it's manipulative and harmful. MOO
I agree with that statement. However, Brianna has not been declared incompetent (at least that we know of) and doesn't have a conservator (at least that we know of). As such, if somewhat naive, she could indeed potentially be a target.

This is a much-ly debated topic that gets in to the realm of personal liberties vs. protective oversight. Brittany Spears is a good celebrity example. People face this topic frequently with elders, or even those with severe addictions. It's just very difficult, very.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
While 8 years is not a big age difference in terms of relationships, in this case something feels really "off" about it. When SM was a 26 year old mother of two, what did she have in common with an immature 18 year old?

You sure can’t! It turns out the SO’s children has the actual smart phone that Brianna had. She gave them it and bought the cheap phone for herself

Kindness is not a weakness, but when people take advantage of a decent, sweet woman like this it infuriates me.

Sending prayers that Brianna is safe. Had enough.BS and will see Taylor and family soon.

While 8 years is not a big age difference in terms of relationships, in this case something feels really "off" about it. When SM was a 26 year old mother of two, what did she have in common with an immature 18 year old?
Age doesn't equate to maturity. We don't know the 26 year old's developmental profile. I'm considering the S.O. a victim unless we learn otherwise. I don't think she had anything to do with this. I think this is a transaction that went bad.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Brianna must feel overwhelmed having to put in long hard shifts at the dairy plant. She's only 22, and that's young and a big step up to support a girfirend and 2 children that aren't biologically hers.

Brianna doesn't drive, so depends on this woman to drive her to and from work....and everywhere else too.
I'm wondering that Brianna mustn't have much freedom from this lady. It sounds a bit like a claustrophobic relationship. What is she getting out of it?
Maybe she just needed a break, some headspace and to choose what to do next.
I hope she's gone back to live in Oklahoma and is laying low for a bit. Her mental health needs it.

JMO.

Kindness is not a weakness, but when people take advantage of a decent, sweet woman like this it infuriates me.

The S.O. sounds like a taker.
A taker never knows when to stop. And unfortunately, neither do most givers. Brianna sounds like a giver.
These one-sided relationships rarely end well.
When you sacrifice yourself at the expense of another every day, every week, every month, it takes its toll.

Brianna has MH problems as it is, (that's why she left the navy) and she just sounds overloaded with it all.
MOO.

Your posts are so informative, interesting, and useful. Thank you.

Is sticking to a routine important? And being thrown off a routine is difficult and uncomfortable?

jmo
I wondered about that too - for my family member any deviation from routine is not a good thing. Also wondering if Brianna suffered with depression, anxiety or from OCD diagnosis?
Any sensory issues?

So, we now know Brianna possibly owed someone money...I would think the circle of people who would give someone money would be rather small. I hope they are looking at them and asking questions.

@Taylorbgilbert is there any chance Brianna was mixed up with drugs? Prostitution? No judgement.

Edited to add: You said her partner wasn't being particularly helpful with the investigation. How so? Obviously withholding info? Causing drama? How/when were you and your mom told about Brianna was missing?

I am still quite pissed that Plains Dairy has not had one single mention of her missing on their social media. At a minimal, they could post her flier and ask if anyone saw anything.

Last edited:
They’re having trouble with the cell phone due to it being a burner phone from the store. But as far as I know, they’re still working on it.

Thanks, Taylor. I don't know much about how that works with burner phones....but I think I've read on other cases that it's still possible, just maybe harder to get the info. Glad they are working on it. They sure need to know who she had communicated with, and if there's anyone new or unusual. And, too, where it has pinged.....if she did indeed have it with her when she vanished.

MOO

Sister has verified the Navy but not necessarily the picture. I have reported my post to mods to have them remove since it is not 100% that it is Bri.

Thank you for verifying. I have seen several comments from those that knew her there on a family member's public post.
I'm sorry my post sounded abrupt or curt - it wasn't intentional. :)

Looking around the web, there are so many people named BG, popular name.

So, we now know Brianna possibly owed someone money...I would think the circle of people who would give someone money would be rather small. I hope they are looking at them and asking questions.

@Taylorbgilbert is there any chance Brianna was mixed up with drugs? Prostitution? No judgement.

Edited to add: You said her partner wasn't being particularly helpful with the investigation. How so? Obviously withholding info? Causing drama? How/when were you and your mom told about Brianna was missing?

I am still quite pissed that Plains Dairy has not had one single mention of her missing on their social media. At a minimal, they could post her flier and ask if anyone saw anything.
How do we know she owed someone money? I must have missed that. Is that a fact?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back