TX TX- Brooks County- Female, Hispanic / Latino- Arely Plata Tovar- UP94364- June 11, 2022

I know things can be tricky when the victim is an undocumented immigrant, but I wonder why her husband wasn't able to officially identify her?

Bumping.
I’m not gonna call her an alien because it feels really dehumanizing, I don’t agree with the wording in the case but I wonder why the husband didn’t claim the body. He saw her, he could’ve come to pick her up. Was he perhaps an undocumented immigrant himself? So sad he couldn’t repatriate her. Shouldn’t she be listed under unclaimed not unidentified?

Bumping.
I’m not gonna call her an alien because it feels really dehumanizing, I don’t agree with the wording in the case but I wonder why the husband didn’t claim the body. He saw her, he could’ve come to pick her up. Was he perhaps an undocumented immigrant himself? So sad he couldn’t repatriate her. Shouldn’t she be listed under unclaimed not unidentified?
Yep, I'm pretty sure that's an outdated term in relation to immigrants and kind of surprised its used on something so recent.
As for the unclaimed thing, I'm fairly sure Texas is one of those states that require DNA sample before they ID a body. So if they know who she is but can't find a blood relative to do a sample she's officially unidentified.

I know things can be tricky when the victim is an undocumented immigrant, but I wonder why her husband wasn't able to officially identify her?
I think it's a mistake in the description. It doesn't make any sense. Are they suggesting her husband led border patrol to her remains, which would make more sense? Or were the remains were found *by* as in, *near* the husband's remains? Or were they found by someone else's husband?

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's an outdated term in relation to immigrants and kind of surprised its used on something so recent.
As for the unclaimed thing, I'm fairly sure Texas is one of those states that require DNA sample before they ID a body. So if they know who she is but can't find a blood relative to do a sample she's officially unidentified.
Ahhh, so I’m guessing they weren’t able to get anything from her, maybe?

I think it's a mistake in the description. It doesn't make any sense. Are they suggesting her husband led border patrol to her remains, which would make more sense? Or were the remains were found *by* as in, *near* the husband's remains? Or were they found by someone else's husband?
Weird. Because I was wondering how do they know that’s this guy’s wife but she’s still unidentified? Confusing description.

Ahhh, so I’m guessing they weren’t able to get anything from her, maybe?
They probably have DNA on her but nothing to compare it to. Chances are she doesn't have any blood relatives in the US, and any family in Mexico may not know what happened to her. I know there's Facebook groups dedicated to people who went missing while crossing the border, and there's a thread here for it too. Since we have a tentative name for her, it might be possible, but it's harder since there's no pics or any distinguishing features.

Looking on facebook I can't find anyone with the exact name Arely Plata Tovar, but there's a LOT of people named Arely Plata/Arely Tovar. So that might be a dead end, there's so many people with that name and there's no distinguishing features for our UID there's no way to narrow things down.

Looking on facebook I can't find anyone with the exact name Arely Plata Tovar, but there's a LOT of people named Arely Plata/Arely Tovar. So that might be a dead end, there's so many people with that name and there's no distinguishing features for our UID there's no way to narrow things down.
I think the only way we could determine anything about the UID is finding an Arely Plata Tovar or Plata or Tovar who was under the age of 40 back in 2021-2022, so maybe about in her thirties, maybe late twenties who lives or lived in Mexico according to her FB profile. Sucks because Arely is a fairly common name and Plata is not terribly uncommon, haven’t heard Tovar though in a while.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleAnimalGirl
Back