TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s also possible the “new” witness has a dash camera that caught the group of people. That could explain why there is such detail - and the presence of that footage is not being publicly released.

Interesting idea. If he was seen on dashcam video, it would help explain why LE is asking for sightings to be called in. I believe it's very unlikely, but I hope it's true.

If someone else was involved in his disappearence it would be safe to assume, as I think with any criminal, they have some kind of mental issue. I wouldn't think that person would stay quiet during this time, they don't have the emotional maturity to. When it was stated the witness contacted the family, that was a red flag to me as well. Sometimes people who commit crimes of passion are close to the family or want to contact the family afterwards for whatever reason. I don't trust anyone saying they saw Caleb at 3:30am under a bridge with the dog until I see a photo of it. Just my opinion.

Caleb's NamUs profile was modified today (not sure how).

I hope they will add more information to his profile. (Clothing, distinctive features, etc.)
How does the map coordinates for “last Known Location” on NamUs get determined? I’m trying to figure out why Caleb’s is showing:

27°36'59.1"N 97°17'12.7"W

Corpus Christi, TX 78418
JP87+H76 Flour Bluff, Corpus Christi, TX

Not being familiar with Corpus Christi, is Flour Bluff the area his apt complex is considered to be in? It seems odd the coordinates are for a spot in the water. Anyone familiar with how NamUs works their mapping feature? Because, I don’t understand it.

How does the map coordinates for “last Known Location” on NamUs get determined? I’m trying to figure out why Caleb’s is showing:

Corpus Christi, TX 78418

Not being familiar with Corpus Christi, is Flour Bluff the area his apt complex is considered to be in? It seems odd the coordinates are for a spot in the water. Anyone familiar with how NamUs works their mapping feature? Because, I don’t understand it.
The Cottages, CH's apartment complex, is not in Flour Bluff. It lies west of Flour Bluff.

Trulia outlines the neighborhood Flour Bluff blue here:

Do you think law enforcement has made a connection with these 2 and Caleb? Just at least to have noted it?
WIth the coordinates shared for his last location being Flour Bluff, I think you may be on to something. Oh no, is there a serial killer focused on fishing enthusiasts? Was Caleb invited out for some fishing in the early morning hours?

Edited to add names of other two mentioned on page 25 of this thread: Ivie Gutierrez and Bradley Brooks.

Last edited:

Corpus Christi, TX 78418

I don't have detailed knowledge of how the mapping works, but I do know that unless LE specifically entered a specific location, which most LE agencies don't bother to do, the mapping defaults to something in the vicinity of the posted address, usually whatever algorithm the maps app uses. I've seen it be out in the middle of the water before. I'm going to guess that's what going on here--though as I said, I'm not an expert.

When I logged on just now, I didn't see the Flour Bluff part. It's just showing:

So maybe they fixed it.

I don't have detailed knowledge of how the mapping works, but I do know that unless LE specifically entered a specific location, which most LE agencies don't bother to do, the mapping defaults to something in the vicinity of the posted address, usually whatever algorithm the maps app uses. I've seen it be out in the middle of the water before. I'm going to guess that's what going on here--though as I said, I'm not an expert.

When I logged on just now, I didn't see the Flour Bluff part. It's just showing:

So maybe they fixed it.
It’s when you click on the link/word “Map” for last known location, and then it looks like this:

IMG_0355.jpeg

From what i remember, NamUS map always geolocates to a generic address in the city provided. To test if this is still happening, someone should look for another missing person from Corpus Christi, and see what the coordinates say.

Edit: Yeah, I clicked on the map link for another missing person from Corpus Christi (Ivie Gutierrez) , and it shows the exact same address as the one I see above.

This case truly is strange. If no foul play or involvement from CH himself in anything criminal, The feds, Secret Service, U.S. Marshals and Texas Rangers would NOT be involved.
Adults are very allowed to "disappear" from their lives - no matter if they are 18 or 21. And would not result in such a heavy response from the feds.
The public has been mildly interested as a whole, and the press has pretty much dropped it - so no pressure there.

CH was not a governor's son, or a son of an important ambassador, or anyone our society deems "important", not even a celebrity (sad but true).
He is not even "a blonde haired woman gone missing" and it was not on federal grounds.

If there is no "foul play" in this, the feds have a lot to answer for - putting so much effort into a then case on an adult choosing his way of life. Would they be willing to answer to that?

Now, I have trust in LE.
Therefor, there is only two things that could have happened: he met up with someone not known to his inner circle, the "plan" might have worked, or it turned into something bad (he is himself involved in something illegal or the person he is involved with is)
Or, he met up with someone he trusted, online or in person, that had very bad intentions.
I believe all available resources are used when possible. Sadly, this is probably a homocide investigation, so all resources make sense.

It’s when you click on the link/word “Map” for last known location, and then it looks like this:

Oh, I see, I thought you were seeing the Flour Bluff text directly in Caleb's Namus page text.

I get a somewhat different map; I think it's because some of my settings are different. It definitely looks like Maps is defaulting to a general location.

I believe the witness did see Caleb on the bridge that night. It’s a 36 minute walk from the Cottages to the Oso Bay turnaround and there’s a fishing area beneath that bridge. Since Caleb had plans to going fishing that morning, maybe he walked over there to check it out. He seems like a kind individual, maybe a little naive, possibly didn’t realize he was in danger, until it was too late. JMO.

Unfortunately, the cameras at the apartment complex weren't working per Caleb's father.

MAR 16, 2024
Randy added that the cameras at the apartment complex and the security gate were not working when Caleb vanished.
IMO - Camera’s not working seems to happen an AWFUL lot when they’re most needed. Frustrating & baffling.

don't trust anyone saying they saw Caleb at 3:30am under a bridge with the dog until I see a photo of it.

Even if there were to ever be a photo or video floating around online, I wouldn't trust it to be accurate unless LE released it and asked for tips about it. People create and post fake photos in high profile cases nowadays. Sad but true.

Even if there were to ever be a photo or video floating around online, I wouldn't trust it to be accurate unless LE released it and asked for tips about it. People create and post fake photos in high profile cases nowadays. Sad but true.
Yes, with AI and Photoshop anything is possible but I was inferring that I would need concrete evidence showing he was under the bridge at 3:30am with the dog to believe it. I don't think it's true.

A better question I guess would be why would he even bring the dog in the first place to meet a hookup?
A better question for me is: If Caleb was running in and out of his apartment, why does everyone seem to think he is still barefooted? Just because he was in one or two sightings as being barefoot does not mean he didn't put on shoes one of those times he went back inside.

A better question for me is: If Caleb was running in and out of his apartment, why does everyone seem to think he is still barefooted? Just because he was in one or two sightings as being barefoot does not mean he didn't put on shoes one of those times he went back inside.
None of his shoes appear to be missing, according to his father. Because he wears a size 13 shoe, they are hard to find and his family have purchased his shoes for him. None were missing. It's possible, of course, that he bought a pair of flip flops at the corner store, or something like that, but no one really knows. I guess his room mate would know, so maybe they asked him about it.

None of his shoes appear to be missing, according to his father. Because he wears a size 13 shoe, they are hard to find and his family have purchased his shoes for him. None were missing. It's possible, of course, that he bought a pair of flip flops at the corner store, or something like that, but no one really knows. I guess his room mate would know, so maybe they asked him about it.
My son wears a size 12 and they are not hard to find. Nikes go up to size 15. And a grown man has his parents buy every single pair of shoes for him?? I’m not buying what his dad is selling. I absolutely think he had shoes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatataPoha