TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so much in that interview I was trying to deduce from it. The dispelled "sighting" part was kinda of weird to me. From what I read in the FB Group the admin said that Tony Mathis a couple days ago said they still believed it. Creating much confusion.
But in the interview they had spoken to the detective that day. So like I said all along that tip release information is odd.

Each member of the family made pleas as if he were hostage somewhere? That is my opinion, don't know if anyone caught that vibe. His sisters facial expressions towards some comments I was trying to read, but it's difficult.

Jennifer seemed adamant that big information will be released if the avenue they are searching hits a brick wall. And that could be soon. She mentioned releasing faces and names of people last believed to have seen Caleb or something like that?

Clearly more information we do not know yet. Hope we find Caleb ASAP and bring him home. Hang tough Caleb, and the Harris family <3

I am quite naive about hookups etc. but wouldn't he have had to take his wallet to pay for this? MOO MOO MOO

No. Hook-up usually refers to a consensual sexual meeting between two people, usually without a longterm commitment, but also used for dating couples. It just means having sex or mutually erotic activity with someone you know or are acquainted with.

The way I understand the usage of the word, it covers a range of relationships/situationships (new word of the year for me).

I'm not understanding why the early releases say he had no shoes. It seems to me that the shoes he generally wore must have been found at the apartment in order for that detail to be added - but I haven't researched how that detail got into the news. However, I do find that more recent news articles don't mention that he wasn't wearing shoes. From May 9:

=

There is so much in that interview I was trying to deduce from it. The dispelled "sighting" part was kinda of weird to me. From what I read in the FB Group the admin said that Tony Mathis a couple days ago said they still believed it. Creating much confusion.
But in the interview they had spoken to the detective that day. So like I said all along that tip release information is odd.

Each member of the family made pleas as if he were hostage somewhere? That is my opinion, don't know if anyone caught that vibe. His sisters facial expressions towards some comments I was trying to read, but it's difficult.

Jennifer seemed adamant that big information will be released if the avenue they are searching hits a brick wall. And that could be soon. She mentioned releasing faces and names of people last believed to have seen Caleb or something like that?

Clearly more information we do not know yet. Hope we find Caleb ASAP and bring him home. Hang tough Caleb, and the Harris family <3
I think that the witness account must have been discounted for good reason.

I wonder if the family is just hoping he’s being held, or if evidence actually points to that.

I’d like to know what this big information is.
Do they anticipate it hitting a brick wall?

You’d think the big news would be an arrest.

I totally caught that vibe too that Caleb's case was being treated like an abduction / hostage taking. Never did put much stock into the Bridge overpass theory. However, a final ping in that direction seems plausible (W SPID). The drainage ditch site seems legit.

What does it mean to say a witness is dispelled? You mean discounted?

That's a word that often gets used when they talk about countering rumors.

Like this recent headline for example: "Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Dispel Divorce Rumors..."

So I presume that's what she meant--that the sighting turned out to be just a rumor.

I'm not understanding why the early releases say he had no shoes. It seems to me that the shoes he generally wore must have been found at the apartment in order for that detail to be added - but I haven't researched how that detail got into the news. However, I do find that more recent news articles don't mention that he wasn't wearing shoes. From May 9:

=
Snipped for focus.

Caleb's father has said in numerous interviews that Caleb was barefoot. He has said they knew every pair of shoes that size-13 Caleb had and all were accounted for. JMO, not convinced any parent would have a complete inventory of their 21-year-old's footwear - or why - but Randy Harris has been unwavering in this assertion since the get-go.

If you think Caleb went to meet a hook-up, why do you think he didn't go in his car?

The person he was meeting likely had a car.?
He was getting picked-up close to his apartment in walking distance?

That is quite trusting.

I myself would've arranged a neutral meeting point and gone in my own car.
I would've then had a safety net of locking myself in my car or driving away, should something happen.

I think Caleb left himself more open to a nefarious person as a pedestrian.

He could've also been driven a long way away to the middle of nowhere, and left himself stranded, especially if something happened to his phone.
MOO - I think the belief that CH was possibly barefoot leads me to think that perhaps he may have hooked up with this person before? Maybe he was picked up, knew it wouldn’t be for long & that he’d be back within a short timeframe. It’s just baffling.

MOO - I think the belief that CH was possibly barefoot leads me to think that perhaps he may have hooked up with this person before? Maybe he was picked up, knew it wouldn’t be for long & that he’d be back within a short timeframe. It’s just baffling.
If so, and the scenario is definitely plausible, something had to have gone wrong; either by intention, or accident. Or perhaps they were being watched, and someone followed Caleb after he left to walk back home? Not likely but possible.

Last edited:
The witness under the overpass who said they saw him and the dog has been dispelled. She did not elaborate. Assistant chief Green told Jennifer Le is getting to a point where they have some direction on where they are looking. They are not at a brickwall yet. If they get to a brick wall they will make a release of information, when they think it will be helpful to the case. What they are sitting on now Will not be helpful to share at this point.
A long time has passed. The best case scenario in my opinion which would fit this narrative is that CH needed to get away for a while, especially since the Police have put out a request that if you see him call 911 immediately, so that they can get to the location.

Or he may have put on shoes after he brought the puppy back to the apartment. There is no video evidence of him returning the puppy or going outside after he had, as the Village cameras were broken.
If so, and the scenario is definitely plausible, something had to have gone wrong; either by intention, or accident. Or perhaps they were being watched, and someone followed Caleb after he left to walk back home? Not likely but possible.

No. Hook-up usually refers to a consensual sexual meeting between two people, usually without a longterm commitment, but also used for dating couples. It just means having sex or mutually erotic activity with someone you know or are acquainted with.

The way I understand the usage of the word, it covers a range of relationships/situationships (new word of the year for me).

=
There apparentlyis ringcam video evidence of CH outside walking the puppy without shoes on. However as the Villages complex cameras were not working, it is not possible to determine if he had shoes on after he presumably returned the puppy to the apartment, and came back outside again. Noticeably absent in the Police timeline of events, is when /who brought the puppy back to the apartment, CH as he was the last person seen outside with the puppy, or someone else who came outside later? MOO

Snipped for focus.

Caleb's father has said in numerous interviews that Caleb was barefoot. He has said they knew every pair of shoes that size-13 Caleb had and all were accounted for. JMO, not convinced any parent would have a complete inventory of their 21-year-old's footwear - or why - but Randy Harris has been unwavering in this assertion since the get-go.
And the apartment complex cameras were broken, so there is no video evidence of CH returning the puppy, and coming back outside, and whether he had shoes on after he came back outside after returning the puppy. (assuming both ocourred ). MOO.

A long time has passed. The best case scenario in my opinion which would fit this narrative is that CH needed to get away for a while, especially since the Police have put out a request that if you see him call 911 immediately, so that they can get to the location.
As soon as she mentioned the dog, I strongly suspected that she was an attention seeker. The odds of anyone walking a young puppy several miles in the middle of a foggy night are extremely low.

Noticeably absent in the Police timeline of events, is when /who brought the puppy back to the apartment, CH as he was the last person seen outside with the puppy, or someone else who came outside later? MOO

Whoa! That never clicked for me. Maybe the dog was found outside in the morning or sometime and possibly thats why the roommates called police so promptly. Because why dog randomly outside etc and that Caleb also had not returned or was with the dog.

Do we know if Jenny was in the apartment when the roommates woke up? Or did they find her when or was she returned upon waking? I'm having a mental blank on that detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterati