TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Caleb's father was saying that Caleb brought the dog back to the apartment and then must have gone out again, maybe to watch for the food delivery person. I didn't hear RH imply anything odd about the dog being back in the apartment, but that he assumed that Caleb took the dog back to the apartment. JMO.
However this event is not mentioned in the Police timeline of events, even as an estimated time.

In the Summer Welles case, IMHO, LE has a suspect but no body. They won't rule out anyone, so I think they have some evidence but not enough without the body. They aren't going to discuss it until they make an arrest.
I haven't followed the Rogers case but it's a fairly recent disappearance so I think it's way too early to say one way or another.
With all the resources being used in Caleb's case... I think that LE believes they have something intriguing that's worth investigating.

Does LE need to have a body in some states in order to charge the perp with murder?

Does LE need to have a body in some states in order to charge the perp with murder?
Prosecutors don't like to take cases to trial without a body. In some rare cases if there's strong physical evidence that a murder occured, such as a lot of the victim's blood at a crime scene, a Prosecutor will go ahead and try the case without a body. But most of the time they won't. Charges are filed at the Prosecutor's discretion. Kyron Hormon and Heather Elvis are two very good examples of the problem with not having a body. Also, Natalee Holloway. It's very tough to get a conviction so the Prosecutors don't want to risk a loss in the one chance they have to try the case. They wait for the body to be found most of the time. And they try to convict the suspect on other charges like they did in the Heather Elvis and Natalee Holloway cases.

Prosecutors don't like to take cases to trial without a body. In some rare cases if there's strong physical evidence that a murder occured, such as a lot of the victim's blood at a crime scene, a Prosecutor will go ahead and try the case without a body. But most of the time they won't. Charges are filed at the Prosecutor's discretion. Kyron Hormon and Heather Elvis are two very good examples of the problem with not having a body. Also, Natalee Holloway. It's very tough to get a conviction so the Prosecutors don't want to risk a loss in the one chance they have to try the case. They wait for the body to be found most of the time. And they try to convict the suspect on other charges like they did in the Heather Elvis and Natalee Holloway cases.
The DA seriously messed up bringing the Morphew case to trial without a body. The way that DA handled the case, she should not be allowed to practice law. terrible.

They never said 'who returned the dog', and the Police report made no mention of this event at all. The father talks around it.
I think that's simply because they don't know for sure. If there's no video of it, and no one in the house saw him come back, then the best they could say was that Caleb likely returned it. A dog running around outside would be a big clue, and there's no way we wouldn't know if that was the case.

I think he's walking the dog when he's trying to arrange a meetup (maybe it's already been arranged). He returns the dog and goes back out, and then what happens, happens.

Since we’re talking about the dog again…do you all remember the doorbell cam video?. If you watch the video again (I’ll go get it and edit this post) it struck me as odd that one of the roommates pushes past Caleb (who is closest to and watching the dog) to pick up the dog from the ground, turn heel and walk past Caleb without really even looking at him and walks away briskly. Like- they were ready to go inside and tired of milling about the parking lot. Am I seeing things?

Since we’re talking about the dog again…do you all remember the doorbell cam video?. If you watch the video again (I’ll go get it and edit this post) it struck me as odd that one of the roommates pushes past Caleb (who is closest to and watching the dog) to pick up the dog from the ground, turn heel and walk past Caleb without really even looking at him and walks away briskly. Like- they were ready to go inside and tired of milling about the parking lot. Am I seeing things?
IMO, you are, but how can you not? There is precious little evidence of anything, anywhere in this case. I've looked at that same video an embarrassing number of times, as though all will be revealed with just one more viewing.

I even thought I saw a shadowy figure parked nearby in a truck. Ha!

Something we haven't discussed much, after the early stage when the topic of the depth of water in the drainage ditch was exhausted -- where do people think Caleb *is* at this point?
Some possibilities:

-Alive and held against his will somewhere near the coast or central TX where he is originally from
-Dead and disposed of near the coast or central TX. Perhaps in a field or dropped off in the Corpus Christi Bay or surrounding waters

MOO

From 31:37
lunch for the next day and then at 2:58 is when his phone went um went dead or
turned off and there was there's there's some anomalies out there of another chat
that he sent to a friend after the phone went off uh and then possible ping but
those both occurred after the phone uh was not working so there's really no
evidence that that phone really did that other than is just an anomaly it could have
could have happened he could have sent those a lot earlier and the phone could have actually connected to a tower a lot
earlier it just happened to show up you know within about a 12 minute time frame
uh after his phone went bad right that makes sense we talked about that earlier where sometimes a phone call can be made
but when it's actually received on the other end is a little bit later so that makes a lot of sense so law enforcement
I know believes that it truly went dead if you will his phone at 258 and that
========

The above is part of the transcript from that recent J Coffindaffer interview with Caleb’s 6 family members. Seems the father saying with more clarity that 2:58 is when the phone died, and so the Snapchat photo of the foggy bridge (3:03) and the cell tower ping (3:12) were not useful in a timeline sense of Caleb’s movements? That the phone died or was turned off at 2:58—so is that when everything stops? Is that kinda what he’s saying? JMO

But the bridge Snapchat was of a foggy night, so it does seem like it was from that general time and day, right? JMO

(if this was discussed already, excuse me. I’m behind)

Truthfully, I don't know the area at all to have firm ideas. I'm somewhat surprised that if he was dumped immediately, as in locally, he hasn't been found, since there was a rapid and extensive search, but then again, there is accessible water, and Texas is very large, and a lot of it is very empty. I would also be surprised if he's been imprisoned all this time, since he's not of small stature or a child. The risk of escape, violent resistance, etc would be high. We don't often see extended captivity of grown men, afaik. Anything is possible though, if someone was well-prepared and physically able. I do not think he has abandoned his previous life to live somewhere else voluntarily, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux