TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Caleb Harris missing person.jpg

According to the CCPD Blotter, 21-year-old Caleb Harris was last seen early in the morning on Monday, March 4 near his apartment complex, located in the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Rd.

His roommates realized later that morning that they couldn't find him, prompting Harris's family to report him as missing

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks,

Some posts have been removed. A couple of reminders:

Do NOT bring rumors or information over from sources that are not MSM, LE, or otherwise approved sources. Please review WS social media rules (all rules are linked in my signature line).

If you are going to talk technical information (specifically cell phones, pings, transmission delays, towers, etc), you MUST provide links to technical sites or scholarly articles to support what you say. We need factual information instead of just guesses or maybes.

Thanks !!

Hey Everyone,
Let me clear up some confusion on the Gray Hughes video about the Reddit thread. While Gray is an approved source, discussing the Reddit thread violates our rules, so this episode of Gray's will not be allowed to be discussed. It has not been confirmed that Caleb is posting on Reddit. However, not having the Reddit information should not stop you from discussing, in general, what could have happened to Caleb. In cases of missing persons, discussing the possibility of Caleb meeting up with someone is common and allowed. However, what is not allowed would be accusing the missing person of meeting up with someone for some random, nefarious reason without backing from law enforcement or a mainstream media source. This is how rumors get started and become out of control.
I hope I am making sense. It is late and I'm old. LOL
Thanks, everyone,
Tricia

It has been widely speculated online that one possibility in this case is a meet up gone wrong. CH family have a very strong faith and are deeply Religious. If CH had been hooking up, maybe, the pressure of living two lives, his family values and expectations vs. his own activities, hookups, drinking etc., got to much for him.

-Caleb's disappearance is particularly baffling to authorities. "It's the most unusual missing person case that I've been involved in, in my career," said Todd Green, Assistant Chief of the Investigations Bureau with the Corpus Christi Police Department. "He just disappeared, kind of into the fog. None of the typical underlying factors apply to this case."

-Green confirmed that the investigation remains a missing persons case but noted the possibility of foul play. "The more evidence we gather tends to show that he left probably voluntarily but didn't return," he said. Despite rumors of witnesses spotting Harris, Green stated that no credible sightings have been reported.

Investigators suspect foul play in the disappearance of Caleb Harris, who was last seen in the early morning hours of March 4.

"Missing without a trace," Corpus Christi Police Department Assistant Chief Todd Green said.
Green has been with the police department for almost 40 years. He said he knew something was seriously wrong from the day Caleb went missing.

"Do you still have that feeling today that something bad probably did happen?" KHOU 11 reporter Matt Dougherty asked him.
"Yeah, we do," Green said. "We do."

-According to Green, there is information detectives have not made public out of concern its release could hinder the investigation.

"We don’t have any one single piece of evidence that points to what happened to him," Green said. "We have evidence, that when you put it all together, that suggests that there was potentially some foul play involved."

He said the team of local, state and federal authorities continues to meet on Caleb’s case at least twice weekly. In addition to the hundreds of warrants and preservation requests they continue to submit and the dozens of interviews they’re conducting, Green said police are still following up on tips from the public.

"Some of them are from psychics who have visions," Green said. "But there have been some of them that have had some good information, and we’ve gone out and followed up on them."

Last edited:
A couple other pieces from those articles:

"The involvement of the feds is just to assist because they have more resources, or is it because they believe a federal crime could have been committed?" Dougherty asked Green.

"Both," Green replied.

Investigators said they are getting closer and hoping data requested from cell phone and tech companies will lead them to a person who knows what happened to Caleb.

Caleb’s friends, roommates and the woman who delivered the Uber Eats order have taken polygraph tests and have been cleared
by investigators.

And firming up the timeline:

"At 3:03 a.m., he shares a second Snapchat photo of a small bridge just outside the entrance to his apartment complex," Green said. "It’s a real small bridge. He shares that photo with a friend of his from high school, again, that lives in San Antonio."

Police said the photo included a caption of an inside joke between Caleb and his friend.

"At about 3:12 in the morning, his phone ... makes its last communication location with a cell phone tower," Green said. "After that, we have no further communication from his cell phone."

Last edited:
It has been widely speculated online that one possibility in this case is a meet up gone wrong. CH family have a very strong faith and are deeply Religious. If CH had been hooking up, maybe, the pressure of living two lives, his family values and expectations vs. his own activities, hookups, drinking etc., got to much for him.
I’d love to know what the roommates think happened to him.

A couple other pieces from those articles:

"The involvement of the feds is just to assist because they have more resources, or is it because they believe a federal crime could have been committed?" Dougherty asked Green.

Investigators said they are getting closer and hoping data requested from cell phone and tech companies will lead them to a person who knows what happened to Caleb.

Caleb’s friends, roommates and the woman who delivered the Uber Eats order have taken polygraph tests and have been cleared
by investigators.

"At 3:03 a.m., he shares a second Snapchat photo of a small bridge just outside the entrance to his apartment complex," Green said. "It’s a real small bridge. He shares that photo with a friend of his from high school, again, that lives in San Antonio."

Police said the photo included a caption of an inside joke between Caleb and his friend.

"At about 3:12 in the morning, his phone ... makes its last communication location with a cell phone tower," Green said. "After that, we have no further communication from his cell phone."
Green’s answer to the first question was “both”

Green’s answer to the first question was “both”
I wonder if that’s because this person may have used the internet to facilitate this.

Kidnapping falls under federal jurisdiction if you restrain, carry away, or abduct someone against their will and transport them to a new location in another state. It can also be a federal crime if the person kidnapped is a government or foreign official. Even if you didn’t cross state lines, it could be a federal offense if you use items of interstate commerce, like credit cards, the mail, or the internet to commit the crime.

I wonder if that’s because this person may have used the internet to facilitate this.

Kidnapping falls under federal jurisdiction if you restrain, carry away, or abduct someone against their will and transport them to a new location in another state. It can also be a federal crime if the person kidnapped is a government or foreign official. Even if you didn’t cross state lines, it could be a federal offense if you use items of interstate commerce, like credit cards, the mail, or the internet to commit the crime.
I was actually getting a bit of a trafficking vibe. JMO.

I was actually getting a bit of a trafficking vibe. JMO.
There’s just no precedent for that sort of thing. It comes up in literally every single missing female case on here, and not once has it been the answer.

That’s just not how trafficking works, and here we’re dealing with a victim the whole country is looking for.

I think this is just like every typical abduction, it was done for the personal satisfaction of the abductor.

How the dog got back has been discussed a lot here; investigators believe Caleb put the dog inside.

"At about 2:44 a.m. Caleb shares a short Snapchat video of him apparently walking the dog again in the parking lot of the complex," Green said. "He shares that with his sister, who lives in New Braunfels."

This time, Caleb’s movements didn't trigger the Ring camera. Investigators think Caleb then took the dog back into the apartment.

I know it's only a 9-minute difference, but wondering if Caleb's phone hit off the same cell phone tower for the 3:03am snapchat message and the 3:12am last communication. If it's the same tower, the assumption would be he's still in the vicinity of the apartment complex...if it's a different tower, it leads one to believe Caleb or at least his phone was already moving by that last ping.

So basically they believe he left voluntarily [likely to see someone ?] and then met with foul play.

They can’t release what information they do have because it would hinder the investigation.

So if he was abducted it was likely by someone he voluntarily met with, not expecting that this person would do this.

Hope I have it straight.

There’s just no precedent for that sort of thing. It comes up in literally every single missing female case on here, and not once has it been the answer.

That’s just not how trafficking works, and here we’re dealing with a victim the whole country is looking for.

I think this is just like every typical abduction, it was done for the personal satisfaction of the abductor.
Agreed.

“We wrote an additional 15 search warrants in the last few days. . .
Green confirmed that the investigation remains a missing persons case but noted the possibility of foul play. "The more evidence we gather tends to show that he left probably voluntarily but didn't return," he said. Despite rumors of witnesses spotting Harris, Green stated that no credible sightings have been reported.

It’s just an enormous amount of data to sort through. If I’m thinking about this correctly- these 15 warrants could be for other people’s data. Caleb’s accounts and data would have been the first sets requested. maybe these 15 are accounts/data connected to people he was in contact with when he went missing. Thoughts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria
Back