TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

It is scary. Maybe they are burning evidence where they live or hauling large items. Makes you wonder how many people already suspect something about a friend, neighbor or relative.
Which is why it's weird that the reward money is only for Caleb's safe return. There might be people out there who noticed someone taking spring cleaning a little too seriously.

My Snap is in permanent ghost mode unless I'm actively walking to meet up with my friends downtown or something. Once we make contact, it goes back. I have people on Snap that I don't really want knowing when I leave work, when I hit the gym, etc. Not even because I think they're dangerous at all, I just don't want to be bothered as soon as they think I'm free.

I'm going to ask the guys I know who are in the same hookup culture if going off in a stranger's car is normal for them. For me -- I live alone. I have a protective pit bull and a concealed small arsenal. I'd rather invite someone here, in an environment where I know the escape routes, know the potential weapons, know my neighbors, etc, than put myself into the unknown. But I'm the size of an 8th grader and female.

My Snap is in permanent ghost mode unless I'm actively walking to meet up with my friends downtown or something. Once we make contact, it goes back. I have people on Snap that I don't really want knowing when I leave work, when I hit the gym, etc. Not even because I think they're dangerous at all, I just don't want to be bothered as soon as they think I'm free.

I'm going to ask the guys I know who are in the same hookup culture if going off in a stranger's car is normal for them. For me -- I live alone. I have a protective pit bull and a concealed small arsenal. I'd rather invite someone here, in an environment where I know the escape routes, know the potential weapons, know my neighbors, etc, than put myself into the unknown. But I'm the size of an 8th grader and female.
Because Caleb was male, young , tall and strong, and maybe had had encounters that went well, he may have felt invincible. And if people seemed friendly online he may have had too much confidence that he was “among friends”. I think females are more wary and suspicious, due to their smaller size and relative weakness, along with the general knowledge of their statistically being victims of crimes.

Yup, and that’s what I think happened here. One thing I’m not settled on is if Caleb was the intended target for a period of time, or if he became a target that very night.

Like this guy was looking for a victim and he found the perfect situation to make it happen with Caleb.
I guess it could have been either one. Maybe someone he’d met with before, who was harboring these intentions unbeknownst to Caleb.

Or conversely someone who saw an opportunity and seized it. And already had his digital identity protected.

I’m afraid that if the assistant Chief of Police is saying it’s the most unusual disappearance case he’s ever worked on, that would indicate that they’re not getting answers digitally.

In our era when a person disappears , one of the first things law enforcement does is to search the person’s smartphone, social media, apps, all online communications and transactions.

If he is perplexed, it would seem it’s not a good sign.

If they were trying to get around a suspect’s VPN and proxy, they have FBI and U.S. Marshals tech experts. Really does not sound good.

I will watch the rest as time permits.

So basically they believe he left voluntarily [likely to see someone ?] and then met with foul play.

They can’t release what information they do have because it would hinder the investigation.

So if he was abducted it was likely by someone he voluntarily met with, not expecting that this person would do

I’d love to know what the roommates think happened to him.
The friend in San Antonio too?

Looking over the ring cam footage it doesn't appear that Caleb is wearing his iwatch.

Do we know that for a fact?

If he was wearing it there would be a lot of useful data on it.
(Location, changes in heartrate, walking vs running, and access to emergency services).

Because Caleb was male, young , tall and strong, and maybe had had encounters that went well, he may have felt invincible. And if people seemed friendly online he may have had too much confidence that he was “among friends”. I think females are more wary and suspicious, due to their smaller size and relative weakness, along with the general knowledge of their statistically being victims of crimes.
Interesting. I thought Caleb looked somewhat small, almost boyish.

We know he had Snapchat, which allows for location tracking. I think he was trying to be very secretive here, and took precautions.

If he didn’t do it himself, that means he was likely quickly overpowered.
Isn't the phone still in tracking mode even when it's turned off? Wouldn't it have to be completely destroyed to disable it, and wouldn't that in itself send a signal?

Looking over the ring cam footage it doesn't appear that Caleb is wearing his iwatch.

Do we know that for a fact?

If he was wearing it there would be a lot of useful data on it.
(Location, changes in heartrate, walking vs running, and access to emergency services).
In one of the earlier interviews, Caleb’s Dad said that LE had taken Caleb’s “I watch” along with iPad and computer, so I guess Caleb wasn’t wearing it when the events unfolded.

I guess it’s being forensically evaluated along with the other electronics.

Is there a central registry, nationally, for unidentified injured people who end up in the hospital, unable to to communicate? Run by hospitals themselves, or is all of that done through and dependent on local LEs. For instance, could he be far away, like in Seattle and Corpus Christi LE never be informed?

Looking at the last minutes before the phone stopped pinging around 3am, he took a snap chat photo at this bridge and then travelled up the waterway and the phone last pinged at a spot not far from where the waterway goes underground. Could Caleb, for whatever reason, decide to explore the underground portion of this waterway and his phone went dead after a short distance in? Could he have slipped on the concrete embankment and floated into the tunnel? It travels underground for quite some distance underneath Williams Dr. and branches off. Has LE or searchers looked in this tunnel?

1716656655526.png
1716656755746.png
1716656847615.png
1716657066465.png

Looking at the last minutes before the phone stopped pinging around 3am, he took a snap chat photo at this bridge and then travelled up the waterway and the phone last pinged at a spot not far from where the waterway goes underground. Could Caleb, for whatever reason, decide to explore the underground portion of this waterway and his phone went dead after a short distance in? Could he have slipped on the concrete embankment and floated into the tunnel? It travels underground for quite some distance underneath Williams Dr. and branches off. Has LE or searchers looked in this tunnel?

View attachment 505792
View attachment 505793
View attachment 505795
View attachment 505796
It’s possible. Especially because the digital trail is not producing results.

Is there a central registry, nationally, for unidentified injured people who end up in the hospital, unable to to communicate? Run by hospitals themselves, or is all of that done through and dependent on local LEs. For instance, could he be far away, like in Seattle and Corpus Christi LE never be informed?
I think if he were far away as in Seattle, and was unable to communicate, they would run a computerized national missing persons check for males of his age and physical appearance. And Caleb would come up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oOoJodieoOo
Back