TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

Isn't the phone still in tracking mode even when it's turned off? Wouldn't it have to be completely destroyed to disable it, and wouldn't that in itself send a signal?
For a period of time it is, provided that the proper setting is enabled on the missing iPhone.

It works the same as AirTags do, which is basically crowdsourcing the location data using Bluetooth. For that to happen though, other people have to have opted in as well on their Apple devices, and it has to be within range.

This even works for iPhones that gave died, as it still has just enough battery to send and receive that type of signal. You can’t ping the phone using traditional means though.

There is detailed discussion of the attempts to triangulate the phone location in the Jennifer Coffindaffer interview from a few days ago. I have indicated the time and linked to the video below.

RH says that the phone first pinged a mile from CH's residence near a church. In a second attempt the phone appeared to ping by a hospital/pain management center which he described as "two fields away" or "two roads away" and north. (Of the previous location? CH's residence?) He said the FBI was ultimately not able to triangulate the exact phone location when it went dead.

34 min 51 sec

Last edited:
I wonder if that’s because this person may have used the internet to facilitate this.

Kidnapping falls under federal jurisdiction if you restrain, carry away, or abduct someone against their will and transport them to a new location in another state. It can also be a federal crime if the person kidnapped is a government or foreign official. Even if you didn’t cross state lines, it could be a federal offense if you use items of interstate commerce, like credit cards, the mail, or the internet to commit the crime.

Wow - I didn't know about the bolded part. Thank you so much. You've been saying what these articles said, all along (that it is the weirdest missing person case, likelihood of foul play, reasons for federal involvement).

So glad the Asst Chief gave this interview.

I keep thinking that perhaps he was lured by the internet, met someone from close by, went to their place, died there and they concealed (or are still concealing) the body.

Like that case in L.A. where the guy kept the dead body in his room. In that case, the guy lived with his mother, who eventually discovered the body. But there are other cases where the perp/concealer kept everything concealed for quite a while.

If the death was in some sense accidental (including possible overdose), the person who conceals the death would still be committing a crime. And I can think of so many reasons why a college age person might try such a thing. The guy in the above store was 25.

IIRC, it's not clear that the young man actually killed the woman (can't remember - it might be an accidental overdose case, my only point is that an acquaintance/friend decided to hide the body in a residence).

I'm guessing that creates a difficult task for LE - who would have to have some help in figuring out through digital/phone forensics exactly where that person might be, to obtain a warrant.

Something like that - your thoughts are much appreciated.

IMO

Wow - I didn't know about the bolded part. Thank you so much. You've been saying what these articles said, all along (that it is the weirdest missing person case, likelihood of foul play, reasons for federal involvement).

So glad the Asst Chief gave this interview.

I keep thinking that perhaps he was lured by the internet, met someone from close by, went to their place, died there and they concealed (or are still concealing) the body.

Like that case in L.A. where the guy kept the dead body in his room. In that case, the guy lived with his mother, who eventually discovered the body. But there are other cases where the perp/concealer kept everything concealed for quite a while.

If the death was in some sense accidental (including possible overdose), the person who conceals the death would still be committing a crime. And I can think of so many reasons why a college age person might try such a thing. The guy in the above store was 25.

IIRC, it's not clear that the young man actually killed the woman (can't remember - it might be an accidental overdose case, my only point is that an acquaintance/friend decided to hide the body in a residence).

I'm guessing that creates a difficult task for LE - who would have to have some help in figuring out through digital/phone forensics exactly where that person might be, to obtain a warrant.

Something like that - your thoughts are much appreciated.

IMO
Yes, an accidental overdose or some mishap would probably cause someone to try and conceal the body. It couldn’t go very long without being discovered, so if this is the case it would at some point be dumped in water or something. If someone were known to be the last person who saw him, wouldn’t that be enough for a warrant? I just don’t understand this case…

There is detailed discussion of the attempts to triangulate the phone location in the Jennifer Coffindaffer interview from a few days ago. I have indicated the time and linked to the video below.

RH says that the phone first pinged a mile from CH's residence near a church. In a second attempt the phone appeared to ping by a hospital/pain management center which he described as "two fields away" or "two roads away" and north. (Of the previous location? CH's residence?) He said the FBI was ultimately not able to triangulate the exact phone location when it went dead.

34 min 51 sec

IMO, those "pings" were nothing more than the last signals of that phone, in the possession of someone other than Caleb, before it was destroyed.

Orphan well
Near Sutherlands
(Marie St. Gollhar Rd. Carmel Pkwy. S Staples St., in CC.) Can anyone substantiate this info?

I've been looking at real estate listing nearby (most are in Sandria, Beeville, TX. Isolated creepy properties that within the last 60-90 days have seen a substantial price reduction. (?)

Last edited:
He was 5'11" and weighed about 180 lbs. Not really all that tall.....an average sized young man. But at age 21 he was probably in prime condition.
We're all sitting ducks when it comes to a perp that is well organized. A psychological manipulator, someone who carries a kit: chloroform, benzos, zip ties.

In this case I do believe he/she/they were well equipped.
Sorry to be so graphic...

It would be interesting to know if his digital footprint shows him going to that specific spot in the past. If that night wasn’t the first time. And what else was happening on his devices around that time. No doubt that’ll be something they look at ofc.

It would be interesting to know if his digital footprint shows him going to that specific spot in the past. If that night wasn’t the first time. And what else was happening on his devices around that time. No doubt that’ll be something they look at ofc.
But at almost 3 months in, they must already have done this. Where are the results? I guess I’m nervous because other cases I’ve cared about have grown cold….

Law enforcement agencies suspect foul play in case of missing Texas college student

Investigators suspect foul play in the disappearance of Caleb Harris, who was last seen in the early morning hours of March 4.

But at almost 3 months in, they must already have done this. Where are the results? I guess I’m nervous because other cases I’ve cared about have grown cold….
Exactly.

I think whoever took Caleb must have gone to great lengths to cover their digital footprints.

I believe it is someone who has likely done this before, sadly.

Looking at the last minutes before the phone stopped pinging around 3am, he took a snap chat photo at this bridge and then travelled up the waterway and the phone last pinged at a spot not far from where the waterway goes underground. Could Caleb, for whatever reason, decide to explore the underground portion of this waterway and his phone went dead after a short distance in? Could he have slipped on the concrete embankment and floated into the tunnel? It travels underground for quite some distance underneath Williams Dr. and branches off. Has LE or searchers looked in this tunnel?

View attachment 505792
View attachment 505793
View attachment 505795
View attachment 505796
Does anyone know if a search was ever conducted in the water?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick
Back