TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAR 12, 2024
[...]

"I still believe he's alive somewhere and it's really hard to understand," said Caleb's father, Randy Harris.

For people who aren't like Randy and Becky Harris, their hope and optimism are rooted in their faith.

[...]

He sent his younger sister a Snapchat around 2:45 a.m. then his phone went silent and people suspect that it died or powered off. Caleb had even ordered Uber Eats and went outside to wait. When the driver arrived, he left the food and Caleb was gone.

"They did investigate the driver of that Uber Eats and so far, what they've determined is that she was not involved," said Randy.

[...]

MAR 12, 2024
[...]

The mission to find Texas A&M Corpus Christi student Caleb Harris, 21, is focused on an area behind the North Padre Island apartment complex where he lives, as well as eastern and southern sections of the community, NBC affiliate WOAI of San Antonio reported.

[...]

Family members told Fox News he was in communication with them as late as 2:45 a.m. that day. He walked his dog, returned and went back outside to meet a food delivery driver, they told the network.

The delivery platform marked the order as completed, the family members told Fox News.

[...]
Family members were in communication at 2:45.

Is that normal or not? Was it direct communication or viewing a snap or story?

can anyone offer a theory or clarify about why it's been reported that the Uber Eats order was picked up at 3:20 am? (but possibly an hour off.) Neither time makes sense.

Here's the quote from Corpus Christi Crónica
"At either 2:20 a.m. or 3:20 a.m., an Uber Eats pickup was made from a Stripes Store on Flour Bluff Drive, indicating Harris ordered two lunchables and a Red Bull. The timestamp on the pickup from Stripes is noted as 3:20 a.m."

----
Well, let me wind back the question a bit. is 3:20/2:20 am
1. The time that Caleb placed the order.
2. when the Uber Eats driver picked up the order from the store OR
3. When the driver hit 'done' or delivered the order.

how was the order supposed to go?
1. Caleb meets the driver outside at the front of the apt complex?
2. 'No contact' order as in the driver just leaves the food on the porch or in a common area?
3. Did Caleb go out intending to pick the food up from the driver and disappeared/abducted/something else?

3:20 am doesn't make sense because Caleb's phone was turned off (or ran out of battery) by 2:58 am. He would not have gotten updates or known when the driver was supposed to show up.

2:20 am also doesn't make sense either because that was well before the last Snapchat and taking the dog outside.

If going direct, it's around five minutes to drive from the Stripe store to the apartment. So if the driver did pick the order up at 3:20 am, he/she could be at the apt by 3:25 am or so.

Caleb had even ordered Uber Eats and went outside to wait. When the driver arrived, he left the food and Caleb was gone.

"They did investigate the driver of that Uber Eats and so far, what they've determined is that she was not involved," said Randy.

This is a little confusing. Was the driver a he or she? Where did he or she place the food? Was the food then picked up by someone (maybe Caleb?)

I've just started following this thread. I hope they find him soon
He looks like a nice fellow, so young and starting put.
Must admit dumbfounded with the number of missing persons in previous post. I live near an area in Oz (Byron Bay), where there are many missing. Not sure if it is the area which attracts tourists, or what, but it is disconcerting. I'll keep up to date on the thread.

Is it possible that the hour time discrepancy is due to a clock not being changed for daylight Savings time?
Brilliant point! Here in the US (except the State of Arizona), Daylight Savings Time (Spring forward!) happened at 2 am on Sunday, March 10. Usually everyone is caught up by Sunday night, but yes, this could clarify the time discrepancies.

can anyone offer a theory or clarify about why it's been reported that the Uber Eats order was picked up at 3:20 am? (but possibly an hour off.) Neither time makes sense.

Here's the quote from Corpus Christi Crónica
"At either 2:20 a.m. or 3:20 a.m., an Uber Eats pickup was made from a Stripes Store on Flour Bluff Drive, indicating Harris ordered two lunchables and a Red Bull. The timestamp on the pickup from Stripes is noted as 3:20 a.m."

----
Well, let me wind back the question a bit. is 3:20/2:20 am
1. The time that Caleb placed the order.
2. when the Uber Eats driver picked up the order from the store OR
3. When the driver hit 'done' or delivered the order.

how was the order supposed to go?
1. Caleb meets the driver outside at the front of the apt complex?
2. 'No contact' order as in the driver just leaves the food on the porch or in a common area?
3. Did Caleb go out intending to pick the food up from the driver and disappeared/abducted/something else?

3:20 am doesn't make sense because Caleb's phone was turned off (or ran out of battery) by 2:58 am. He would not have gotten updates or known when the driver was supposed to show up.

2:20 am also doesn't make sense either because that was well before the last Snapchat and taking the dog outside.

If going direct, it's around five minutes to drive from the Stripe store to the apartment. So if the driver did pick the order up at 3:20 am, he/she could be at the apt by 3:25 am or so.

And, I'll just add into this timeline the previously stated info from PI that Caleb was last seen around dawn. (Per news report below). Sunrise was 6:50a (says google). Who is this PI... where did he get this info??

And, I'll just add into this timeline the previously stated info from PI that Caleb was last seen around dawn. (Per news report below). Sunrise was 6:50a (says google). Who is this PI... where did he get this info??

They don't share any information about seing, we don't know where the videos come from, and why they are not shown in public.
Why? I really don't get that, I rarely see that during an active search where parents are pleading.
Where is Caleb when they see him on videos? Still around? Near water? When is he barefoot? He seems OK, he seems strange? Walking OK? Still with all clothes on? Noting is said right now.

Randy Harris told NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo last week that his son has no medical conditions or mental health issues that might have contributed to his disappearance, and he doesn’t have a habit of leaving without letting people know where he was going. He described his son as a normal 21-year-old man who loves to fish and hunt.

I’m wondering if the PI might be referring to the video that fellow Josh Johnson showed up and provided to LEO. He claimed it related to the case.

Just my opinion but after going on street view around The Cottages where he lived and the St. Helena Church where they were searching when the man with a video he claims he relevant showed up; I can totally see anyone getting turned around in that area if you were on foot and without a phone. The streets look similar and it’s tons of cookie cutter houses. Caleb seems like a really good kid and I’m wondering if he went back out on foot (which is also common for this beach area and I’d also wager for people who fish & enjoy the outdoors like he does) to wait for his Uber Eats - possibly saw them down the way a little bit, or who he thought was his Uber Eats, and maybe he came across some sound or something seeming like someone needed help like perhaps an argument between a couple, a fight, etc. Then perhaps he got all turned around walking because the streets all look the same and his phone was dead.

There’s also houses that their backyards face the roads he could’ve been walking on; perhaps Josh Johnson (the man with a supposedly related video) lives nearby and has a ring camera in the backyard that could’ve picked up something along the streets connecting the neighborhoods that Caleb was possibly wandering on, whether that could be visual of Caleb himself walking around Dawn that day or even a car speeding off around the time he was last seen. Again, all of this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if the PI might be referring to the video that fellow Josh Johnson showed up and provided to LEO. He claimed it related to the case.

That's what I thought initially but later it was said that video wasn't of any help. I don't have a link for verification of this though... I can't even remember where I heard or read it.

That's what I thought initially but later it was said that video wasn't of any help. I don't have a link for verification of this though... I can't even remember where I heard or read it.
Yes, I also read that the video was found to not be relevant to this case

I think someone earlier asked about the food delivery, I have read that it was found outside Caleb’s apartment. I don’t recall if it was mentioned who found it but I’m thinking likely a roommate and IMO this could have started the concern about where Caleb was

MAR 13, 2024
Caleb Harris had walked his dog shortly before 3 a.m., which his father, Randy Harris, told NewsNation that wasn’t unusual for him. The second-year student returned home with the dog and ordered Uber Eats at 2:45 a.m. He then left his apartment again to wait outside for his order.

He has not been seen since, and the order was found still sitting on the doorstep by Caleb Harris’ two roommates later that morning. Randy Harris said his son’s phone has been dead ever since.

Since last Friday, group members have scoured the island for clues related to Harris' disappearance, walking along roads, shorelines, nature preserves, and secluded areas of Oso Bay and Flour Bluff, including Victoria Park and Suter Wildlife Refuge.

On Tuesday morning, they searched the dunes near Padre Balli Park and moved their investigation to the Packery Channel and an inlet behind the International Trade Corridor in the afternoon, where people could be seen fishing along the bank.

MAR 13, 2024
Caleb Harris had walked his dog shortly before 3 a.m., which his father, Randy Harris, told NewsNation that wasn’t unusual for him. The second-year student returned home with the dog and ordered Uber Eats at 2:45 a.m. He then left his apartment again to wait outside for his order.

He has not been seen since, and the order was found still sitting on the doorstep by Caleb Harris’ two roommates later that morning. Randy Harris said his son’s phone has been dead ever since.

Since last Friday, group members have scoured the island for clues related to Harris' disappearance, walking along roads, shorelines, nature preserves, and secluded areas of Oso Bay and Flour Bluff, including Victoria Park and Suter Wildlife Refuge.

On Tuesday morning, they searched the dunes near Padre Balli Park and moved their investigation to the Packery Channel and an inlet behind the International Trade Corridor in the afternoon, where people could be seen fishing along the bank.
I really want to know how they know he waited outside for his order? Did he say that? If he did, did he normally wait outside? I’m wondering if he didn’t set this up. A cheap order but shows that he’s gone if roommates find it still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat