TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to put myself in these situations. Say it was you and you wanted to disappear because of bad grades and midterms coming up, would you leave with all your roommates around, after just getting a new dog?? If it were me, I think I'd do it when nobody else is around to make sure I could "escape" with nobody seeing me. I honestly think something else is going on and he was abducted. I have reasons to believe that but if I state my full opinion on here, it will get deleted.

I know what you're saying but I could definitely see that a group of happy room mates who are doing well in school and exhibiting all the excitement of the next leg of the journey in life while you are failing and you've not told your parents and it all becomes too much. He wouldn't be the first student to be so overwhelmed by his situation that he decides to end it. Not saying that's what's happened here but not something to ignore. I really hope that his room mates had a pretty good handle on what was really going on in his life or whether they were strictly just that: room mates that shared one past time, hunting and fishing, but that's where it ended.

Anybody know if LE is re-searching the bodies of water CH could have easily walked to before dawn and the morning traffic? His phone was either shut off (does contact with water make a phone shut off?) or the battery went dead on it's own at 2:58am. In experience with my kids, having a phobe's battery go dead because they just didn't charge it happens more times than a parent can stand!

Does anyone know how much time elapsed between CH going outside to wait for Uber and the actual delivey tme. I assume Uber would notify customer of a estimated delivery time and maybe it was like a 30min wait and he decided to take a short walk and something happened to him.

Does anyone know how much time elapsed between CH going outside to wait for Uber and the actual delivey tme. I assume Uber would notify customer of a estimated delivery time and maybe it was like a 30min wait and he decided to take a short walk and something happened to him.
The only information made public by Uber Eats is that delivery was completed. No mention of time of delivery by anyone yet.

“Family told Fox News that Caleb disappeared after going for a walk with a dog he shared with his roommate. He brought the dog back inside and picked up his food order before disappearing.”

I thought previous information was that the food order was left at the door and discovered there the next morning?

MOO. He got an idea in the parking lot, put the dog inside, and went back out to carry it out. If the idea came to him via text or social media, that should be available information. On the other hand, if that complex is heavily populated by students, it's possible he ran into someone in person and was persuaded to go somewhere with them, or he was told about something happening and decided on his own to walk there, which left no electronic clues. It was late, even for college kids, IME, especially with plans the next day, but not completely out of the question, especially if the thing he went to do was going to be quick, or the location was close.

Any report on what he had been doing earlier in the evening? According to this 3/16 updated report:

He was wearing “teal pants and white shirt” when he disappeared, and “CCPD police cadets looked for clothing items including shoes, a tie, and belt in the adjacent field, while police drones scoured the area.”

It sounds like wherever he had been earlier, be hadn’t been home very long if he hadn’t changed clothes when he disappeared. I dont’t know any young man who would choose to be in dress clothes any longer than necessary.

Any mention of his truck being searched? Sometimes I will leave my keys in the house if I’m just going to retrieve belongings from my car real quick.

“Caleb’s missing without anything,” Randy Harris said. “No shoes, no wallet. His truck was locked, his keys are in the house.” Per Search for missing Texas A&M student Caleb Harris expands across North Padre Island

So why are they looking for shoes again?

Could he have been doing something at/in his car while waiting for UberEats?

Last edited:
everyone's theories. nobody is wrong as of now please add what you think happenned. ill go first
1. Caleb puts in dog and goes to wait for UE, he is accidentlly hiy by car and body is hidden
2. Caleb waiting on UE and is approached by 3 or more people who taske him to an unknown apartment within

everyone's theories. nobody is wrong as of now please add what you think happenned. ill go first
1. Caleb puts in dog and goes to wait for UE, he is accidentlly hiy by car and body is hidden
2. Caleb waiting on UE and is approached by 3 or more people who taske him to an unknown apartment within
IMHO - I’m pretty sure it’s #3 but all complete speculation
3. A very tragic accident occurred- Caleb was drunk or high (possibly something he ingested was laced) and he wandered off into water and accidentally drowned
4. He wandered toward the outside “<modsnip - outside the bounds of the known facts of the case> not far from his apartment and something nefarious happened to him/ kidnapping
5. Someone abducted Caleb from outside his apartment before the Uber Eats was delivered

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO - I’m pretty sure it’s #3 but all complete speculation
3. A very tragic accident occurred- Caleb was drunk or high (possibly something he ingested was laced) and he wandered off into water and accidentally drowned
4. He wandered toward the outside <modsnip - outside the bounds of the known facts of the case> not far from his apartment and something nefarious happened to him/ kidnapping
5. Someone abducted Caleb from outside his apartment before the Uber Eats was delivered
Maybe he saw or interrupted something nefarious?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what the factual source is behind the claim that he went outside to “wait” for the UE delivery.

I have read supposed facts in msm and from LE (early) and from family and now from a PI that seem to contradict each other. It’s as if they are all just assumptions made by the author. Such as:

“he walked the dog”. No, “all three roommates were playing with the dog”. No, “he let the dog out, then he let the dog in”

“He left to pick up a take out order”. No, “he just went outside to “wait” for the delivery”. No, “he drove to the store, picked the order, and then returned home” No, “he picked up the order from the UE driver and brought it inside, then left..”

Not that we have a right to them, but it would help if we had facts. Absolute facts.

Re: waiting outside, did he tell a family member that that’s what he was doing (or going to do)?

Did he actually tell his roommate that he was going to go outside and “wait”, or was it perhaps just the roommate’s assumption that that’s what CH did after (perhaps seeing) he was no longer in the apartment?

Just where did that info come from? With several contradicting claims (even from supposedly reputable MSM, LE, family, PI (WS approved sources), how do we know what really happened?

Not that it never happens, but I don’t think most people go outside to “wait” for a UE delivery. Again, I’m not saying that nobody ever does it - and I’m sure it happens more often in a hotel or apartment or townhome complexes where unit entrances are closer together - I’m saying that I think most people dont go outside and sit and “wait” instead they wait inside for a knock at the door or for the door bell to ring - or they just check outside every 4-5 minutes.

I think it makes a big difference whether CH was just sitting out there on the entry concrete or stairs or stoop or whatever “waiting”, or if he simply left the unit to go somewhere or do something (even if just on foot) - thinking he could just pick the food up from outside the door when he returned from wherever he was going. If I’m not mistaken, the food was intended for the next day, it wasn’t for consumption for right then. Why sit outside and “wait”?

If CH left the apartment to go somewhere or do something whether on foot or maybe as a passenger in somebody else’s vehicle, I think that changes things a lot.

Jmo

Last edited:
I agree, and I would like to see a long sit-down interview with parents/a roommate/LE about this case. I would also like to hear how he was doing academically - it seems his father's evidence that he was "preparing" for the next day only involved eating lunch and fishing outings. Was he actually successful in school?

I check and check on this case during the day. So sad.

Hummm, from that LE blotter ^: (they basically say they have no clues, no ideas of motive, have searched all the apartments there, and need help from the public) And also this:

The consensus from the Rangers was that the investigative team was pursuing the most logical course of action in this search and pledged their continued assistance and technical support to the team.

Wonder what "the most logical course of action" is.

Latest update from Corpus Christi Police 3/20/24:

INVESTIGATORS CONTINUE INTENSE SEARCH FOR MISSING PERSON CALEB HARRIS

Thanks for linking. I’m going to copy the text for posterity and share the Facebook link.

INVESTIGATORS CONTINUE INTENSE SEARCH FOR MISSING PERSON CALEB HARRIS

Corpus Christi Police Department officers, along with their federal and state partners, continue to work diligently to solve the disappearance of Caleb Harris. Harris is the 21-year-old Texas A&M Corpus Christi student who vanished without a trace from his off-campus apartment during the foggy early morning hours of Monday, March 4th, 2024.

Following the initial exhaustive, but unsuccessful, search of hundreds of acres surrounding Harris’s apartment complex on the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Drive, Criminal Investigation Detectives turned their efforts toward establishing a timeline for Harris in the hours and days preceding his sudden absence, interviewing his roommates, friends, family members and acquaintances. Detectives at this point in the investigation have no reason to suspect any of these individuals had anything to do with Harris’s disappearance. Officers then went door to door throughout his and an adjacent apartment complex, scouring the area for possible witnesses or surveillance video, as well as searching over thirty vacant apartments for the missing student.

An investigative team consisting of Investigators from the Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division and Organized Crime Unit, the FBI, and the United States Marshals Service, along with several civilian crime analysts was formed within days of Harris’s vanishing and continues to work full time to solve his disappearance. The team meets daily to share information from the previous day’s efforts, discuss possible leads, and plot the course of the investigation. This past Friday, the investigative team met at Police Headquarters with a squad of five Texas Rangers to share all information on the status of the case and seek any advice the Rangers could provide. The consensus from the Rangers was that the investigative team was pursuing the most logical course of action in this search and pledged their continued assistance and technical support to the team.

The CCPD wishes to assure the public that while the search for Caleb Harris may be less visible than the early days of this investigation, it is by no means less intense. Teams of Detectives continue to interview potential witnesses here in Corpus Christi and have traveled both to San Antonio and New Braunfels to conduct interviews. Detectives are continuously following up on tips, are chasing potential leads and will expend every effort until Caleb Harris is found.

Despite these exhaustive efforts, Investigators still have not settled upon a motive for Harris’s strange disappearance, nor identified a suspect or person of interest. Detectives are seeking assistance from the public to solve this case. If you have information regarding the disappearance of Caleb Harris, please contact the Corpus Christi Police Department at (361) 886-2840 or (361) 886-2600.

Anyone who would like to keep their identity secret and still provide information to Detectives should call Crime Stoppers at 888-TIPS (8477) or submit the tip online at Tip Form.

Just caught up on this whole thread.

Firstly, my thoughts go out to Calebs family.

This is a strange case for me and reading the thread from start to finish made me change my mind at first I thought likely suicide but at the end of it I feel he may have been met with foul play.

If he was planning suicide why would he order Uber eats at that time of the evening and for it to be left outside the apartment door - all it would’ve taken is for a roommate to notice this during the night then the alarm might’ve been raised much earlier.

MAR 20, 2024
Corpus Christi Police Department Chief Michael Markle told 3NEWS on Wednesday that the search for missing 21-year-old Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi student Caleb Harris has extended past a physical ground search.

"There’s a lot going on on the other side – the technical side – as far as the digital search and those types of things," he told Mike Gillaspia during his monthly one-on-one chat. "So there’s a whole lot going on that we’re doing."

[...]

"One thing that hasn’t changed is that our energy applied to and resources applied to has not changed,” Markle said. "You may not look out your kitchen window and see all the grid searches and the physical – the canine searches that we’re doing – the helicopters and waterway searches, but . . . we have not slowed down one iota."

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members