TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been shared?

27 sources of video- fog caused problems
Downloaded laptop
Suggestions of similarities being made online-with other missing men, some were similar with fishing hunting but nothing found to indicate related.
Confident in work behind the scenes.
wonder if any people ever hang out in the drainage ditch under the little bridge....
still does not explain the phone later moving toward the store/gas station... but that is not in
this official police timeline. I really do not see how he completely disappears unless we are talking bay/gulf. I also do not understand when the dog goes back in the apt and he is out by himself.

It has been stated that the Snapchat photo by the bridge was sent to a friend who lives in San Antonio. Has anyone heard if this is the same person the UberEats driver saw leaving the apartment complex who was returning to San Antonio in those very early morning hours?

It has been stated that the Snapchat photo by the bridge was sent to a friend who lives in San Antonio. Has anyone heard if this is the same person the UberEats driver saw leaving the apartment complex who was returning to San Antonio in those very early morning hours?
It is not the same person. The person he sent the SC to was the same person he was gaming with online. The person the UE saw was from out of town (coincidentally from the same town as Caleb?) and was visiting his girlfriend and was leaving early because he had to drive back for work the next day.

Could be he wanted to go undetected, or stay away from the main roads, quicker path to take, I do not see a fence around the canal, also we do not know for sure if he was barefoot at the time, he could have put shoes on after leaving the Apt the last time, a lot of parks are known for a place to meet for hookups, drugs, etc.
If I was barefoot I would prefer walking through grass (if that's what the canal has around it) than asphalt/pavement.

Yeah but there should be a vehicle to track down in the first place; something caught on video somewhere.

That’s why I’m troubled with the vehicle theory.
One of the biggest obstacles for the police in this case was not just the darkness at 3:00am, but also the heavy, dense fog in the surrounding area which may have obstructed their view of any individual walking about or possibly any vehicles for that matter. The asst. police chief alluded to this problem during the Nancy G. program.

Very frustrating!

Caleb was preparing for a fishing trip - food, lures, etc. Where was his kayak? I don't see storage units on the apt website. Was the kayak on his truck? In the apartment? I know his keys were at home but could he have a key to a storage place that is separate from his other keys? A storage that's within walking distance? MOO
Inflatable kayaks are increasingly popular, affordable and easier to store and transport than hardshell kayaks. Good question about where his kayak is.

Why?
He took "nothing" with him, wallet, ID. It could be to start new. He could have had cash on him.
Adults do go missing voluntarily. Police suspects nobody was involved (that meaning criminally).
They say that a lot when it's not actually the case. This looks like a dual investigation to me, a missing person's case on the one hand and a criminal investigation on the other. We've seen cases where they say it's simply a missing person's investigation, but their actions tell us that they are in reality, pursuing foul play. I see nothing that strong here, but it's entirely possible that's what they think happened.

They say that a lot when it's not actually the case. This looks like a dual investigation to me, a missing person's case on the one hand and a criminal investigation on the other. We've seen cases where they say it's simply a missing person's investigation, but their actions tell us that they are in reality, pursuing foul play. I see nothing that strong here, but it's entirely possible that's what they think happened.
What points towards criminal activity? (I do understand the high profile of the case and the police interest in his disappearance may point in the direction of something other than voluntarily going missing).

Edit: I see what you mean. That police do suspect foul play but that the public at this point in time only needs to know about the missing person part?

What points towards criminal activity? (I do understand the high profile of the case and the police interest in his disappearance may point in the direction of something other than voluntarily going missing).

Edit: I see what you mean. That police do suspect foul play but that the public at this point in time only needs to know about the missing person part?
Correct. We don’t know if they’re treating the possibility as 50/50 or not, but with the resources they’ve brought in and some of the things they’ve done, there is absolutely a criminal element at least being entertained as a possibility.

I listen to what they say and watch what they do. Sometimes those things don’t align.

It is possible someone seems happy, makes plans, has decent grades, but is actually feeling so much pressure / unease / depression deep inside that they decide to "walk away." We even saw a case here recently, but that young man took his car with him. (Student who disappeared right before a scheduled exam, and LE confirmed later they made contact, and they considered the case resolved.)

However it would still be a very serious concern, for the person's well-being, especially if they don't contact family for a long period of time, IMO.

Yeah, and it sounds like he has it there. Caleb sounds like a planner. He was getting everything ready for the fishing trip, and so I just wonder where the kayak was... MOO

"He would go to school, come back, grab all his fishing gear, and kayak and would go out fishing. .... Everything he was doing was preparing for the next day, preparing for the next week."
MOO, my guess would be he has his own kayak, and it may be a fishing kayak. I base this on these statements from, I guess, his father—from the Nancy Grace transcript:

“He's gonna get his kayak guide license to be able to help people that buy kayaks that really don't know how to outfit them and what to put on them and what to do.”

and

“He would go to school, be done by noon one o'clock, get to the back of the apartment, either a friend or a roommate, and grab their kayaks and they'd have that was their lunch for the afternoon, and you know, they'd be out till before dark.”

Was CH going to fish alone the next day or meet with someone and go out together? I wonder if he had agreed to meet with someone and pick something up for the friend and things went sideways. MOO MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels