TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
A random tired thought. It nearly looks like he was creating reasons to be outside. (Keeping the puppy outside for approx. 20 minutes after the other two roommates went back inside). Staying up to order Uber Eats, and after the he dropped off the puppy, he went back outside on a cold foggy night and turned off his phone.

A random tired thought. It nearly looks like he was creating reasons to be outside. (Keeping the puppy outside for approx. 20 minutes after the other two roommates went back inside). Staying up to order Uber Eats, and after the he dropped off the puppy, he went back outside on a cold foggy night and turned off his phone.
You’re right. I kept thinking my gosh was he ever going to go to sleep? That was sticking out to me. He did appear to be awake super late doing things that he didn’t have to do at that time.

yep which makes me think adderall. Were finals or midterms coming soon? was he adhd?
I was thinking that too. If he was taking it other than prescribed and not sleeping the combo of sleep deprivation and getting extra pumped from a stimulant you don’t need can make you lose it easier than you would think.

Why do you think he was grabbed?
If your question is why have I formed the belief that Caleb was grabbed, it's because of the absence of any evidence to the contrary. I don't believe he walked away from his life. I don't believe he ended his life. To me, there is no evidence to suggest either of those possibilities are credible. If there were, it would have come to light in the month since he vanished, even if only in how LE shaped their investigation.

Today's technology allows nearly every aspect of our lives to be revealed, depending on the scope of the query. It's really, really hard work to stay invisible online. Many people of Caleb's age don't even think about data mining or online privacy; it just doesn't occur to them. They grew up with smartphones and social media, it's what they know. If Caleb were suicidal or looking to escape into a different life, breadcrumbs were there to be found. He would have left them, and while we can't see them, LE most certainly could and can.

Even as of today, very few of the facts in the case have become ironclad. Conflicting interpretations of timelines, for example, create obstacles to figuring out what could have happened. I have to go with what hasn't changed and won't change.

There's Caleb outside with the friends/roomies and the dog around 1:00 a.m. I see him on the video. Caleb placed an Uber Eats order at 2:44-45 a.m. That's not been refuted. I see the Snapchat screenshot of the fog-enshrouded bridge photo Caleb took around 3:00 in the morning. It's timestamped "Caleb 3:03AM." After that, nothing. Alleged phone pings later, at 3:12 a.m., are yet to be declared fact.

I choose to believe Caleb's father when he says that Caleb was barefoot. I don't know it to be fact, but I think he does, so I 'm going with it.

It's late, late Sunday night, or 3:00 a.m Monday morning, depending on your perspective. It's dark, foggy, quiet. A barefoot young man is loitering near a bridge. There's nothing about him to indicate where he lives, why he's out there, why he's barefoot. He could be lost, he could be drunk, he could be homeless - who knows. To a certain kind of person, that kind of young man (or woman) is ripe for the picking.

Nobody ever expects to be abducted. That's why they can be, physical strength or not. I believe that's what happened to Caleb. JMO, but it happens all the time. Strangers kill strangers. Wanting to understand why is what brought me to Websleuths in the first place.

I have often thought about him being outside in the first place. Based on the information given, there is no good reason that he would have to be outside at that time. Even the UberEats order doesn’t make sense. There is a map on the app that shows you were the driver is and if they have picked up your order, etc. The order was dropped off long after the bridge photo so that doesn’t pan out.

Some other reason brought him outside..

Either a planned meet up or he just randomly goes for a stroll and whatever happened to him became a crime of opportunity.

I don’t think we know enough personal info about him to ascertain which scenario is more likely.

Parents know their children, yes. But parents with kids in college away from home know what their kids want them to know.

However, the roommates would have a better idea into the reasoning behind his going out at that time.

Since the roommates and friends have all been cleared, perhaps they divulged information that led LE’s suspicions towards something nefarious, hence the agencies involved in the case.

This “nefarious” situation could literally have been anything. One thing for sure, though.. if he left far from the area, it wasn’t on foot.

I hope he’s found soon and his parents get closure.

MOO

Quick question about his keys being found in the apartment—wouldn’t he have needed a key to get back into the apartment? Or is access through a secure key code? Surely he wouldn’t have left the apartment unlocked?

it’s probably common for college kids to leave their apartments unlocked. It’s easier to not fiddle with keys and they tend to not worry about what ifs at that age.

In college my roommate lost her keys like the first week and didn’t ask for another copy so our dorm room was always unlocked. It freaked me out a little, granted that’s within the secure building, but she was more about not wanting to pay the key fee that she could def afford lol.

I’m just now starting to follow this case but wanted to mention that apparently it was the untouched UberEats order, left at the door at 3 AM- ish as Caleb had requested, which alerted one of his friends that there was a problem.

Can that still be significant even though at this stage presumably law enforcement has thoroughly checked out the driver and where he went afterwards?

Quick question about his keys being found in the apartment—wouldn’t he have needed a key to get back into the apartment? Or is access through a secure key code? Surely he wouldn’t have left the apartment unlocked?
Do we know what kind of lock was on the door? I don't need a key to come in and out of my house, yet I can still lock it. Our lock has a numerical passcode that we enter and it unlocks. We ended up doing this so that we can set up certain codes for my inlaws who come and take care of our dogs when we are gone. It also lets my kids get in and our easier. My oldest daugther walks home from school (with a GPS watch etc. so I can keep tabs on her) and in the event she arrives home before my husband, she can get inside. It hasn't happened yet, but I wanted her to have a safe place to go.

I could see apartment complexes with college kids having something similar. Easy to change the passcode with new tenants than change the key locks each time.

I’m just now starting to follow this case but wanted to mention that apparently it was the untouched UberEats order, left at the door at 3 AM- ish as Caleb had requested, which alerted one of his friends that there was a problem.

Can that still be significant even though at this stage presumably law enforcement has thoroughly checked out the driver and where he went afterwards?
The driver is a 31-year-old female who was driving alone at the time, and was cleared. There is record of her continuing to make deliveries after dropping off Caleb's order. It was also reported that she witnessed another car when making the delivery and provided LE with that information. That driver has also been cleared, IIRC. Keep reading...glad to see you here! MOO

. . .“We know he’s out there, and looking forward to seeing him again. And he needs to know if he happens to see this that we love him he is not in trouble. The police are not after him. And no matter what happens we love him. And we want him to be here to go fishing, we want him home” . .

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, as English isn’t my primary language, but this tells me that this isn’t a random vanishing.
If your child goes missing, and you have a chance to send a message, why choose those words?… unless, there’s a possibility the child is afraid of the consequences stemming from a particular action.

What are your thoughts?
I’m not going to judge his devastated parents for their statement. I can’t imagine having to speak coherently during a situation like this.

Can someone help me out? Is the dog safe or not? I’ve read different statements. Thank you!

I use food delivery quite a bit and always choose no contact. I also go outside without shoes all the time. I keep wondering if the bridge fascinated him enough to get closer….the gator issue really makes the most sense to me at this point. However, I have watched enough of the show Disappeared to know people can vanish without a clue and it frustrates me so much. There was the case of Kelly Nash. He was feeling bad and went to a gas station at night to buy meds, I believe he walked….wearing pj pants. He returned home and was seen on the couch by his fiancée. By morning he was gone, leaving keys, wallet and phone behind. He was found a month later in a lake with a gunshot in his head. It was ruled suicide. It just seems odd you go buy meds to feel better and within hours kill yourself. Some cases defy logic, and it’s so hard to accept. Caleb’s is such a mystery. I pray he is alive, but sadly, I fear he isn’t.

The driver is a 31-year-old female who was driving alone at the time, and was cleared. There is record of her continuing to make deliveries after dropping off Caleb's order. It was also reported that she witnessed another car when making the delivery and provided LE with that information. That driver has also been cleared, IIRC. Keep reading...glad to see you here! MOO

Oh, thanks so very much for that information! I was so sure that there had to be some significance in that UberEats order, but as is often the case, just a red herring. :eek:

You’re right. I kept thinking my gosh was he ever going to go to sleep? That was sticking out to me. He did appear to be awake super late doing things that he didn’t have to do at that time.
I once again asked my panel of "experts" (my college age children) how they manage to stay up so late....high caffeine energy drinks, some friends do have Adderall prescription, and some sleep for hours and hours the day before. Also there are some kids that are just excited about the coming trip or event they just are not tired.

If your question is why have I formed the belief that Caleb was grabbed, it's because of the absence of any evidence to the contrary. I don't believe he walked away from his life. I don't believe he ended his life. To me, there is no evidence to suggest either of those possibilities are credible. If there were, it would have come to light in the month since he vanished, even if only in how LE shaped their investigation.

Today's technology allows nearly every aspect of our lives to be revealed, depending on the scope of the query. It's really, really hard work to stay invisible online. Many people of Caleb's age don't even think about data mining or online privacy; it just doesn't occur to them. They grew up with smartphones and social media, it's what they know. If Caleb were suicidal or looking to escape into a different life, breadcrumbs were there to be found. He would have left them, and while we can't see them, LE most certainly could and can.

Even as of today, very few of the facts in the case have become ironclad. Conflicting interpretations of timelines, for example, create obstacles to figuring out what could have happened. I have to go with what hasn't changed and won't change.

There's Caleb outside with the friends/roomies and the dog around 1:00 a.m. I see him on the video. Caleb placed an Uber Eats order at 2:44-45 a.m. That's not been refuted. I see the Snapchat screenshot of the fog-enshrouded bridge photo Caleb took around 3:00 in the morning. It's timestamped "Caleb 3:03AM." After that, nothing. Alleged phone pings later, at 3:12 a.m., are yet to be declared fact.

I choose to believe Caleb's father when he says that Caleb was barefoot. I don't know it to be fact, but I think he does, so I 'm going with it.

It's late, late Sunday night, or 3:00 a.m Monday morning, depending on your perspective. It's dark, foggy, quiet. A barefoot young man is loitering near a bridge. There's nothing about him to indicate where he lives, why he's out there, why he's barefoot. He could be lost, he could be drunk, he could be homeless - who knows. To a certain kind of person, that kind of young man (or woman) is ripe for the picking.

Nobody ever expects to be abducted. That's why they can be, physical strength or not. I believe that's what happened to Caleb. JMO, but it happens all the time. Strangers kill strangers. Wanting to understand why is what brought me to Websleuths in the first place.
This. All of this. The crime rates were apparently high in this complex/area. And it was housing some pretty vulnerable people, college kids.
I've been thinking, if Caleb was female would that change the way we are thinking about his disappearance?
MOO

I also don't think it makes sense for him to be outside at that time unless he was hiding something or waiting for something. I have kids this age and once the puppy went potty they would be inside in a heartbeat going to bed. The Uber eats order does not make sense. Again, my kids will Uber eats starbucks, chick fil a, etc but 2 lunchables at $2 a piece for lunch the next day? No way. They would stop on the way to work/ school and pick this up at a convenience store or gas station. I just don't buy it. I could see if someone is hiding drug use/ smoking/ drinking and stalled to be outside to do this but there doesn't seem to be a reason he would be hiding this from roommates. Very curious indeed.

I’m not going to judge his devastated parents for their statement. I can’t imagine having to speak coherently during a situation like this.

Can someone help me out? Is the dog safe or not? I’ve read different statements. Thank you!

I use food delivery quite a bit and always choose no contact. I also go outside without shoes all the time. I keep wondering if the bridge fascinated him enough to get closer….the gator issue really makes the most sense to me at this point. However, I have watched enough of the show Disappeared to know people can vanish without a clue and it frustrates me so much. There was the case of Kelly Nash. He was feeling bad and went to a gas station at night to buy meds, I believe he walked….wearing pj pants. He returned home and was seen on the couch by his fiancée. By morning he was gone, leaving keys, wallet and phone behind. He was found a month later in a lake with a gunshot in his head. It was ruled suicide. It just seems odd you go buy meds to feel better and within hours kill yourself. Some cases defy logic, and it’s so hard to accept. Caleb’s is such a mystery. I pray he is alive, but sadly, I fear he isn’t.
There was no judgement from me. I’m simply pondering the possibilities.
If you read the parents’ statements, they are sending Caleb a message. A very particular message.
While it’s possible they are hoping he may think he’s in trouble and telling him all will be ok; it is also very possible they KNOW one or more of his previous actions could have lead to him disappearing.
Just an observation, no judgement here.

I also don't think it makes sense for him to be outside at that time unless he was hiding something or waiting for something. I have kids this age and once the puppy went potty they would be inside in a heartbeat going to bed. The Uber eats order does not make sense. Again, my kids will Uber eats starbucks, chick fil a, etc but 2 lunchables at $2 a piece for lunch the next day? No way. They would stop on the way to work/ school and pick this up at a convenience store or gas station. I just don't buy it. I could see if someone is hiding drug use/ smoking/ drinking and stalled to be outside to do this but there doesn't seem to be a reason he would be hiding this from roommates. Very curious indeed.
I thought it was odd as well that he would order UberEats for lunch the next day rather than just grabbing something at a quick mart. The only thing you can think of is that he was meeting someone, and it went bad? But who, and why was it not picked up on camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675