GUILTY TX - Carla Walker, 17, abducted, raped and strangled, Fort Worth, 17 Feb 1974 *Arrest in 2020*

@Niner - The website I have provided you for the Tarrant County Court Case search is for all criminal courts.

I am hoping the following helps you and anyone else interested with the site navigation:

Copy and paste the following link in your browser:
https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/criminal-courts.html

Once the page opens, scroll down to "I WANT TO..."

Click "My Court Date" highlighted below
upload_2021-5-8_6-47-39.png
This will navigate you to the criminal court docket.

Select the "Person" tab
upload_2021-5-8_6-51-17.png
Enter the last name of the person you want to search, along with the first name if necessary.

Click "Search"

If there are no results, McCurley or whoever you are searching for is not on the docket.

You can also search by Court, by clicking on the Court tab.,
In this case, Criminal Court 1 is the court McCurley is out of. Specific date search will show all on CC1 docket during that timeframe
(ie May 8th - May 31st)

Please again note as myself and others have mentioned, this case is not going to be set anytime soon (short of a miracle). The Tarrant Co Court System was closed during most of COVID-19 and is very behind.
I am sure the second it is, someone will be posting.

Take care.

Last edited:
I looked to see if I could find the court documents related to the case. I guess that isn't an option in this location. I couldn't find him on the calendar either. So I guess this case will stall for a while which is really sad for the family.

No Death Penalty For Suspect In Cold Case Murder
Snip:
"The Tarrant County district attorney’s office has filed documents seeking life imprisonment without parole for Glen McCurley."

Several decades ago I was a college freshman. There was a safety presentation flyer at my co-ed dorm for females to attend. The presentation was lead by our Resident Assistant Jimmy and lots of girls showed up. He talked about this pretty, young high school girl named Carla...how she was very well liked and was out one evening with her boyfriend. He was a good boyfriend and looked after her. She was very happy and felt safe when out with him because he was a good sized guy and also well liked.

Resident Assistant Jimmy then asked all of the females in attendance, "Wouldn't you all feel safe being out with a big guy who everyone knew and liked..an athletic guy?" We all answered yes and he said, "Well sure. That's totally reasonable. Except it's not true, and I'm going to tell you why."
R.A. Jimmy told of how this pretty girl and her big boyfriend were out one evening and they were in his car outside of a bowling alley. "We all have been bowling before right?" asked Jimmy. "Yes" we all answered.
But, it was explained, this evening a man came up in the dark and opened the car door on Carla's side and tried pulling her out. The boyfriend tried to reach him and was hit in the face. Then the stranger hit the boyfriend with the gun, pointed it at his head and pulled the trigger 3 times. The gun did not go off because the clip fell out when the stranger was bashing it against the boyfriend's head. Pretty Carla screamed for the stranger to not shoot anymore..so he beat the boyfriend on the head until unconscious and then the stranger took Carla away.

R.A. Jimmy said Carla should have been safe, but she was not. That we as females must always be alert and aware of our surrounding. That it is for our personal safety, it was personal for Carla and it was also personal for him. As he said that he reached into a folder and pulled out a slightly yellow folded newspaper. As he opened it, he said his name was Jimmy Walker, and Carla was his big sister and he was 12 when she was abducted. The old newspaper's headline in big bold black letters told the story, "CARLA WALKER FOUND DEAD". She was 17.

Needless to say our jaws dropped. He then went on to tell us how she was found 3 days later...dead in a ditch. She was taken, but not killed right away. She was rapped, beaten, injected with drugs and tortured. He told us a little bit about some specifics but I won't say it here. She suffered...for hours on end. She was not killed right away. She thought she was safe, she should have been safe, but she was not safe.

So imagine my surprise today while working from home with the tv on for background chatter, when I flip from HGTV to Court TV and I see a headline scrolling across the bottom about Carla Walker. Just like 39 years ago my jaw dropped!
It's been a long time, but time is up for this horrible person who's name I will not say. I hope he rots to death in prison, and rots in hell.

Bless Carla, her family/friends and LE...they never gave up.

Last edited:
Several decades ago I was a college freshman. There was a safety presentation flyer at my co-ed dorm for females to attend. The presentation was lead by our Resident Assistant Jimmy and lots of girls showed up. He talked about this pretty, young high school girl named Carla...how she was very well liked and was out one evening with her boyfriend. He was a good boyfriend and looked after her. She was very happy and felt safe when out with him because he was a good sized guy and also well liked.

Resident Assistant Jimmy then asked all of the females in attendance, "Wouldn't you all feel safe being out with a big guy who everyone knew and liked..an athletic guy?" We all answered yes and he said, "Well sure. That's totally reasonable. Except it's not true, and I'm going to tell you why."
R.A. Jimmy told of how this pretty girl and her big boyfriend were out one evening and they were in his car outside of a bowling alley. "We all have been bowling before right?" asked Jimmy. "Yes" we all answered.
But, it was explained, this evening a man came up in the dark and opened the car door on Carla's side and tried pulling her out. The boyfriend tried to reach him and was hit in the face. Then the stranger hit the boyfriend with the gun, pointed it at his head and pulled the trigger 3 times. The gun did not go off because the clip fell out when the stranger was bashing it against the boyfriend's head. Pretty Carla screamed for the stranger to not shoot anymore..so he beat the boyfriend on the head until unconscious and then the stranger took Carla away.

R.A. Jimmy said Carla should have been safe, but she was not. That we as females must always be alert and aware of our surrounding. That it is for our personal safety, it was personal for Carla and it was also personal for him. As he said that he reached into a folder and pulled out a slightly yellow folded newspaper. As he opened it, he said his name was Jimmy Walker, and Carla was his big sister and he was 12 when she was abducted. The old newspaper's headline in big bold black letters told the story, "CARLA WALKER FOUND DEAD". She was 17.

Needless to say our jaws dropped. He then went on to tell us how she was found 3 days later...dead in a ditch. She was taken, but not killed right away. She was rapped, beaten, injected with drugs and tortured. He told us a little bit about some specifics but I won't say it here. She suffered...for hours on end. She was not killed right away. She thought she was safe, she should have been safe, but she was not safe.

So imagine my surprise today while working from home with the tv on for background chatter, when I flip from HGTV to Court TV and I see a headline scrolling across the bottom about Carla Walker. Just like 39 years ago my jaw dropped!
It's been a long time, but time is up for this horrible person who's name I will not say. I hope he rots to death in prison, and rots in hell.

Heartbreaking to hear but so important for young women to know. Bless you for sharing and giving us a glimpse into this family’s pain. May they all find peace, somehow. Totally agree this monster should rot, forever.

btw...as others have stated, I find it hard to believe that a creature who so boldly could do the things this creature did to Carla had never done anything like that before her...or since.
I hope they check his DNA all over the place.

btw...as others have stated, I find it hard to believe that a creature who so boldly could do the things this creature did to Carla had never done anything like that before her...or since.
I hope they check his DNA all over the place.
They definitely are looking into the possibility.

Skyedaze,

I am a close and long time friend of Carla's brother, Jim. I shared this with him and he asked me to convey the following to you:

"Thank you for remembering and not forgetting. Never, ever give up and always be safe." - Jim Walker

Skyedaze,

I am a close and long time friend of Carla's brother, Jim. I shared this with him and he asked me to convey the following to you:

"Thank you for remembering and not forgetting. Never, ever give up and always be safe." - Jim Walker
Kitty,

Please tell Jim there is a big group of us from that evening and not only do we never forget, we pass on his heartfelt message. Many have been much safer thanks to him, and his sister's memory lives on in each of us.
xoxoxo

Kitty,

Please tell Jim there is a big group of us from that evening and not only do we never forget, we pass on his heartfelt message. Many have been much safer thanks to him, and his sister's memory lives on in each of us.
xoxoxo
Thank you for sharing that story. It’s an amazing full-circle moment- that your path, crossing with Carla’s brother years ago, now meets up again here just as justice is finally in the making. It is such a small world. I’m glad you can both experience the justice Carla so long deserves. Truly a beautiful story.

Wednesday, June 16th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - TX – Carla Jan Walker (17) (missing Feb. 17, 1974, Fort Worth, found Feb. 20, 1974 near Benbrook Lake, stuffed in an enclosed cement culvert) - *Glen Samuel McCurley (31 @ time of crime/77) arrested & charged (9/21/20) & indicted (11/10/20) with capital murder. $100K bond. 10/14/20: Bond now $500K . No bond per court site. Confessed to crime. DA will not seek the DP.
Trial set to begin on 8/19/21.
DNA & crime information reference post #162 here:
TX - Carla Walker, 17, raped and strangled, Fort Worth, 17 Feb 1974 *Arrest in 2020*

10/12/20 Update: Motions for bond increase hearing on 10/14/20. 10/14/20 Update: Bond was raised to $500K. 11/10/20: Grand jury indicts McCurley on a charge of capital murder. 10/14/21 Update: Status hearing on 5/5/21.
5/5/21 Update: Tarrant County Assistant District Attorney Kim D’Avignon filed the State’s waiver of a death penalty on Thursday in the case of McCurley. The Tarrant County district attorney’s office has filed documents seeking life imprisonment without parole for McCurley. Trial has been set to begin on 8/19/21. Next pretrial hearing on 6/16/21.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back