TX - Caroline Kolas May 1995

terrawaypants

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

First time posting so bear with me. I did do a search and did not see any mention of Caroline Kolas.

On May 27, 1995, Ms. Kolas was found partially nude, with her throat slashed in an alleyway in Midland, TX. The case has been cold for quite some time now and is listed on Texas Rangers website.

My biggest issue so far is being unsure how to research this. From what I can tell, Texas keeps a pretty tight lock on cold case files, but I could be wrong. I did download a pdf from the Midland County Sheriff's office so that I could make a public information request. Beyond that though....

Online research: If you are skilled in online research or have access to resources that could aid in uncovering additional information related to the case, your expertise would be greatly appreciated. Or, just a general point in the right direction would be super helpful.

and I just realized that this probably wasn't the best location for this post. my apologies.

"Investigators have recently reignited the search for the person(s) responsible of Kolas' death through updated technology and investigative methods."
I wonder if they have DNA?

Also you may want to change the spelling of her name in the title, it's Carolyn.

Hello Everyone,

First time posting so bear with me. I did do a search and did not see any mention of Caroline Kolas.

On May 27, 1995, Ms. Kolas was found partially nude, with her throat slashed in an alleyway in Midland, TX. The case has been cold for quite some time now and is listed on Texas Rangers website.

My biggest issue so far is being unsure how to research this. From what I can tell, Texas keeps a pretty tight lock on cold case files, but I could be wrong. I did download a pdf from the Midland County Sheriff's office so that I could make a public information request. Beyond that though....

Online research: If you are skilled in online research or have access to resources that could aid in uncovering additional information related to the case, your expertise would be greatly appreciated. Or, just a general point in the right direction would be super helpful.

and I just realized that this probably wasn't the best location for this post. my apologies.
Hey, I just joined the community, so I am sorry if I say something off base. Do you think the police checked out the cameras in the graveyard she's buried in? Supposing that the killer cared about the victim, they could've gone there to visit. And even if the killer didn't care about her, they may still have visited Carloyn's grave to remind themselves of the thrill or simply out of regret. I couldn't find any cameras on photos taken though. I looked up the TXGenWeb Project and Find a Grave websites, and her body seems to be located at Cross Plains Memorial Park. There is a picture of her grave in Find a Grave.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back