TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
some jurisdictions, even in places with fairly open records and online access sometimes put things under seal, or if not require in person visit to request a record if a minor child is named in the affidavit. I’m actually not sure if an arrest affidavit can be requested from the clerk of courts.

I saw the Daily Mail is saying grandpa didn’t even contact police. It occurs to me that could be wrong, or half true - someone ELSE might have called it in.

The coincidental “arrest” report in the local online rag published last April, listing Texas open records as the source, of an arrest on 2/8/2021 of DB is not so easily dismissed in light of the now sworn allegation of DBs rampage that evening (Curiously except for Google cache, and my personal screenshots, that page has been expunged from the local website.) Assuming the incident reported was expunged from the Texas database but really existed on the date the website reported, it’s also not impossible that if DB was in a state that night, he might bother someone else enough to trigger some kind of interaction with authorities.
I agree with you, Sarah. I wish I had saved that, if only for the Incident number. I googled the other man who was charged there, but I don’t remember his name and I cleared my Browser that night.:(
Also, very weird thing. I just tried searching for DB in Texas Open Documents Records site- why would it come back with No Records? My gosh.

some jurisdictions, even in places with fairly open records and online access sometimes put things under seal, or if not require in person visit to request a record if a minor child is named in the affidavit. I’m actually not sure if an arrest affidavit can be requested from the clerk of courts.

I saw the Daily Mail is saying grandpa didn’t even contact police. It occurs to me that could be wrong, or half true - someone ELSE might have called it in.

The coincidental “arrest” report in the local online rag published last April, listing Texas open records as the source, of an arrest on 2/8/2021 of DB is not so easily dismissed in light of the now sworn allegation of DBs rampage that evening (Curiously except for Google cache, and my personal screenshots, that page has been expunged from the local website.) Assuming the incident reported was expunged from the Texas database but really existed on the date the website reported, it’s also not impossible that if DB was in a state that night, he might bother someone else enough to trigger some kind of interaction with authorities.
I agree with you, Sarah. I wish I had saved that, if only for the Incident number. I googled the other man who was charged there, but I don’t remember his name and I cleared my Browser that night.:(
Also, very weird thing. I just tried searching for DB in Texas Open Documents Records site- why would it come back with No Records? My gosh.

Great post.
And I completely agree with you that Darriynn was not working for or with anyone when he kidnapped & killed Cash. moo
I’m also afraid his motivation was sexual. moo

I 100% agree. I think it’s hard to accept because it’s just so awful to think that a person did this for that motive, especially to a small child (or even if he just wanted to see what it’s like to kill someone & chose an easy target with a child). It’s terrifying and easier to think it was revenge for unpaid drug debts, etc, than to think that it could happen because of a sick child predator’s awful desires. I’ve followed true crime for over a decade & that seems like the most likely motive, unfortunately.

Poor Cash. This may be one of the saddest true crime stories I’ve followed as well as one of the most disturbing (especially the videos).

I think LE has evidence we don’t know about: maybe other people’s camera footage in the neighborhood (not everyone is going to sell their footage to the Daily Mail for quick cash & they may have been asked to not talk about it publicly by LE), bloody clothes, the backpack DB had on at first visit, etc and we just don’t it.

I read that sometimes they will put off charging someone with murder until all the forensics are in (and they have other things to keep them on, such as kidnapping/burgulary in this case) because of one’s right to a speedy trial. Not charging for the murder right away, especially if forensics can take a while to come back, is a way to make sure they don’t infringe on his constitutional right to a speedy trial. They don’t want to “waste” any of that time waiting on forensics & he’s already in jail. I think they are crossing their Ts and dotting their Is to make sure everything is done well & right in this case to get justice for Cash.

MOO: Murder charges will come once the forensics all come back (maybe in a number of weeks) and DB will be the only person charged with Cash’s murder based on all the evidence (including stuff we don’t know about yet). I think it will also likely come out that DB knew the family better than they’re letting on, but I don’t think they had anything to do with Cash’s abduction or murder.

Last edited:

Maybe Justice Information Management System. JIMS. That’s for Harris County but might pull Dallas County info, as well. Several other Texas Counties use it, too. Don’t recall if it’s by subscription.

Last edited:
This is Texas, I’m shocked DB wasn’t shot by anyone.

I also can’t fathom grandpa not calling the police, this was a serious felony. It’s not like he stole a candy bar.

Texans are very careful about shooting. It’s a responsibility we take great care in maintaining. Rattling at a back gate probably won’t get you shot. But if you’re in the house, you won’t be leaving any time soon. You won’t get a warning shot, either. And we leave one in the chamber for the second guy, too.

Question for those in the know... I know we can't sleuth anyone not a POI but does that include their mother? I found other addresses she lived at while Darriynn would be (?) living with her. Might be some kidnappings, etc., in the area.

Anyone know for sure? TIA

How Dressed?
... Every story and testimony highlights the fact that Cash was found with only shorts on. Even hours later everyone in all the photos had on long sleeves and sweats.
It was in the low 60’s and damp that night. They had shorts on, big shorts, not PJs. No shirts or socks. One little blanket. Crowded in a toddler bed....
@Curiosa20 sbm bbm Thanks for your post; I'm addressing the only-shorts issue.

Seeing a pre-schooler (or child past baby/infant stage) clad only in shorts for the night does not necessarily prompt me to conclude - it's insufficient/inappropriate sleepwear for that weather. In bed alone, or when sharing bed w a twin, shorts may sufficiently warm, as some kids "run hot." Was shorts-only typical or was it unusual w all pj's in overflowing laundry hamper?
And ppl in long sleves & sweats were outside iirc, not inside.

Just my2ct and I can see reasonable ppl drawing other conclusions on this particular point.
Not commenting about Mother or Father's parenting or Monica S's caregiver practices, as they are victims per WS's ToS.
Tragic for many people.

Last edited:
Texans are very careful about shooting. It’s a responsibility we take great care in maintaining. Rattling at a back gate probably won’t get you shot. But if you’re in the house, you won’t be leaving any time soon. You won’t get a warning shot, either. And we leave one in the chamber for the second guy, too.

Before or after chasing him out with a knife, busting down your door, snatching your precious baby off the couch, and punching you in the forehead a couple of times??? ;):p
I bet those punches to the forehead were healed in the 3.5 months it took old grand daddy to report this burglary and attempted kidnapping :rolleyes:

How Dressed?
@Curiosa20 sbm bbm Thanks for your post; I'm addressing the only-shorts issue.

Seeing a pre-schooler (or child past baby/infant stage) clad only in shorts for the night does not necessarily prompt me to conclude - it's insufficient/inappropriate sleepwear for that weather. When sharing bed w a twin, shorts may sufficiently warm, as some kids "run hot." Was shorts-only typical or was it unusual w all pj's in overflowing laundry hamper?
And ppl in long sleves & sweats were outside iirc, not inside.

Just my2ct and I can see reasonable ppl drawing other conclusions on this particular point.
Not commenting about Mother or Father's parenting or Monica S's caregiver practices, as they are victims per WS's ToS.
Tragic for many people.

How considerate of him to put the child’s shorts back on at least tho right? :rolleyes:

How considerate of him to put the child’s shorts back on at least tho right? :rolleyes:
@Miigo Hmmm.
Vid showed child wearing shorts when getting in bed, and being taken from bed. A person walking past deceased body said he was wearing only shorts, hours later.
It would be nice to think the child was wearing them the entire time.

Question for those in the know... I know we can't sleuth anyone not a POI but does that include their mother? I found other addresses she lived at while Darriynn would be (?) living with her. Might be some kidnappings, etc., in the area.

Anyone know for sure? TIA

The mother may not be sleuthed. This falls under the Victim Friendly guidelines:
Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

The homeowner told FOX 4 the only reason he didn't press charges at the time of the attack is because a woman who lived a few doors down asked him not to, saying Brown was suffering from a mental episode. She also told him brown sometimes stayed with her.

That woman lived at the same home where, months later, 4-year-old Cash Gernon would be taken from and allegedly killed by Brown.
18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February

curiouser and curiouser

The homeowner told FOX 4 the only reason he didn't press charges at the time of the attack is because a woman who lived a few doors down asked him not to, saying Brown was suffering from a mental episode. She also told him brown sometimes stayed with her.

That woman lived at the same home where, months later, 4-year-old Cash Gernon would be taken from and allegedly killed by Brown.
18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February

curiouser and curiouser

WHAT? If that's true, that's huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads