GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jobin Panicker‏ @jobinpnews
Judge has asked for phones to be turned off. That's why our updates are now sporadic #arochitrial @wfaachannel8

Prosecution will get one and a half hours with juror candidates. Defense will also get that much time to talk with them. #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
One juror feeling ill has been excused - 124 are left #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Some jurors saying they have already made up their mind about this case without having heard any evidence #arochitrial

Gabriel Roxas ‏@cbs11gabriel 31s32 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Multiple jurors tell judge they have already drawn conclusions that would influence their verdict. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 18s19 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Juror tells judge her son knew #ChristinaMorris &was friends w #Arochi. Said she already made conclusion & would affect her verdict @FOX4

Maybe this will have EA scared that he is cooked and done, and will plea and tell where he put Christina. I am not going to hold my breath though.

Maybe this will have EA scared that he is cooked and done, and will plea and tell where he put Christina. I am not going to hold my breath though.

I'd like to think he'd consider confessing and telling where she is but I tend to doubt it. I sure hope the judge doesn't ban tweeting during the trial itself.

I have a feeling it will be considered disruptive and not allowed ....(twitter)

Nicole Knox‏ @NicoleKnoxLaw
Tuning in @wfaachannel8 @6p for #arochitrial update. Always glad to share legal opinion w @ @jobinpnews #Arochi

Plano Star Courier 15m
Plano Star Courier‏ @planonewspaper
Prosecution finish voir dire, defense gets their turn next #arochitrial

Gabriel Roxas 10m
Gabriel Roxas‏ @cbs11gabriel
Judge gives jury 10-minute break. #arochitrial

Can't tweet inside jury room anymore, but I will update when I can. Judge says so many devices interfering w/ wireless system. #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth‏ @vlwigg
There is a short break and then it is defense attorneys' turn to talk to potential jurors #arochitrial

Problems with cable for defense laptoo. Plus some potential jurors upset about staying here past 5. #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth 6m
Prosecutors quizzed jurors on everything from DNA to circumstantial evidence to imperfect victims to purpose of justice system #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth‏ @vlwigg 5:19pm
Judge to send jury pool home for the night and selection will resume Wednesday morning with defense. #arochitrial

Judge says it "looks really likely" that they can pick jury from existing pool so no change of venue expected. #arochitrial

Jury selection continues tomorrow morning. If a jury is seated, opening arguments will begin tomorrow as well. #arochitrial @wfaachannel8

Plano Star Courier 7m
Plano Star Courier‏ @planonewspaper
And that's all for today. Defense voir dire and opening statements set for tomorrow. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis 11m
Natalie Solis‏ @Fox4Natalie
Jury selection ends for the day in #arochitrial. Resumes 8:30am Wed. @FOX4

Arochi attorney Keith Gore tells reporters he expects to have a jury in place by tomorrow. #arochitrial

If someone attending could make note of the clock-time when EA plea is given, I sure would appreciate your mentioning here. TIA.

image.jpg

Sunset, first Day of Jury selection for Christina.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 40
Thank you for the updates! So thankful things seem to be going smoothly for now. Prayers and hugs Team Christina!

Still No Jury For Christina Morris Kidnapping Case
September 7, 2016 6:24 AM By Jennifer Lindgren

MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) – Opening statements are scheduled to start Wednesday in the Christina Morris kidnapping trial, as long as a jury can be seated first. Jury selection began Tuesday at the Collin County Courthouse in McKinney, and was supposed to be wrapped up by the end of the day. But the process is taking longer than expected.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/09/07/...-case/?utm_source=TweetDal&utm_medium=twitter

It's interesting that in Christina's high-profile case, they gathered 125 potential jurors, while in Heather Elvis' case, they started with 800. I haven't followed many cases that actually went to trial (yes, that's frustrating!), so this disparity has me wondering: What is the typical number of potential jurors summoned for a high-profile jury. Does anyone know?

Jennifer Lindgren ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 3h3 hours ago
Jury selection resumes today in #arochitrial. Attorneys have a panel of 100+ to narrow down. Details at 5:30 @CBSDFW

arochicr.jpg

Jennifer Lindgren ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 2h2 hours ago
Before dismissing on Tuesday, judge told everyone he expects the jury will be seated today. Then, opening statements. #ArochiTrial @cbsdfw

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 3h3 hours ago
Jury selection continues TODAY in #ArochiTrial What non-legal questions do you have? Will try to answer over course of day @wfaachannel8

Gabriel Roxas ‏@cbs11gabriel 1m1 minute ago
#Arochi atty Keith Gore arriving at Collin County Courthouse for day 2 of jury selection #arochitrial

atochiattny.jpg

Gabriel Roxas ‏@cbs11gabriel 5m5 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Judge told jurors yesterday he wants everyone in the hallway by 8:20a to be seated and start promptly at 8:30a. #arochitrial
0 retweets 0 likes

Jennifer Lindgren ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 43s44 seconds ago
Jury panel reconvening at the courthouse. Selection process could take a few more hours. @CBSDFW #ArochiTrial #ChristinaMorris

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 42m42 minutes ago
Here we go! Potential jurors filing in now. I'd say between 95-105 candidates are here. #ArochiTrial @wfaachannel8

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 42m42 minutes ago
Phones now off. #ArochiTrial

Jennifer Lindgren ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 12m12 minutes ago
Just stepped out of the court room. No cameras, phones or computers allowed on inside. Jury selection still happening. #ArochiTrial @CBSDFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member