GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL if you mean me, no eye wiping needed here ;) Just "listening" to the tweets lol

No, not you. Just anyone in general. I get the impression from his statements to Stamm that he wanted everyone to feel sorry for him.

Good because I was going to have to leave in a few. :loveyou:

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Defense's turn to question Stamm. Judge decides to break here for the weekend. Testimony resumes 8:30 am Monday #arochitrial

No, not you. Just anyone in general. I get the impression from his statements to Stamm that he wanted everyone to feel sorry for him.

Oh ok gotcha. (wasn't meaning to sound snarky. hard to understand sometimes just posting)

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Jury out. Judge explains defense objection during video b/c Arochi told Stamm he'd been arrested before #arochitrial

Judge said video was already entered into evidence and felt he couldn't redact it at that point #arochitrial

Edit: this arrest was for what the stolen phone correct?

No tcmom, doubt many folks are wiping their eyes for that poor wee sausage. How many times can someone lie and flip stories, but be perfectly innocent. Shady as they come.

Jury out. Judge explains defense objection during video b/c Arochi told Stamm he'd been arrested before #arochitrial

Judge said video was already entered into evidence and felt he couldn't redact it at that point #arochitrial

Not by this point - that arrest happened a few weeks later! In October, I think

And I was going to say is him confessing to being arrested once before even going to be a blip on a juror's radar? At this point, if I'm a juror, I'm thinking to myself "yeah, not surprised"

Don't think so. That didn't happen until 9/15. I believe this interview was 9/4

JMHO they would probably have to be US Citizens to be on a jury (assuming here) BUT because of the visa comment that may make a diff knowing/understanding/or taking into consideration his lying to LEO. Just an observation dont throw anything at me.

Of course they have to be citizens........

Stamm says thru questioning that early hours in case are most critical. At disadvantage b/c gap before Morris reported missing #arochitrial
Thanks, HF! If only he had called someone right away! Grrrrr!!!

The state is wisely using this testimony to tell "EA's version of events" for him: his story is that he went one way and she went the other. In it, he's NOT claiming an innocent joyride or that he took her somewhere safely and freely. So not only does he not want anyone to know what occurred on that ride with CM somewhere in his car, he also doesn't even want anyone to know it took place, to the extent he denies it happened. That should tell us all we need to know, if the fact that he put her IN HIS TRUNK wasn't enough already. :)

Only Hunter was given a Use Immunity agreement - in exchange for truthful testimony on Tuesday the State and Feds agreed not to prosecute him for any non-violent drug offenses in the last 5 years based on what he said. Hunter's friend Taylor Barry was ready to also sign an immunity deal if the state wanted him to. Apparently the State declined. No one else required immunity.

Ok when I have time later I going to go see who from work testified about EA allegedly hitting wall. And also see(review) Ponce testimony. Judge said (per tweets) that the dude talking to news and also conversing (they carpooled and he said they spoke about testimony) Judge said (paraphrasing) something about advanced Brady possibly? (Brady rule)

Brady Rule
The Brady Rule, named for Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), requires prosecutors to disclose materially exculpatory evidence in the government's possession to the defense. "Brady material" or evidence the prosecutor is required to disclose under this rule includes any evidence favorable to the accused-- evidence that goes towards negating a defendant's guilt, that would reduce a defendant's potential sentence, or evidence going to the credibility of a witness.

If the prosecution does not disclose material exculpatory evidence under this rule, and prejudice has ensued, the evidence will be suppressed. The evidence will be suppressed regardless of whether the prosecutor knew the evidence was in his or her possession, or whether or not the prosecutor intentionally or inadvertently withheld the evidence from the defense. The defendant bears the burden of proving that the undisclosed evidence was material, and the defendant must show that there is a reasonable probability that there would be a difference in the outcome of the trial had the evidence been disclosed by the prosecutor. https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/brady_rule

The state is wisely using this testimony to tell "EA's version of events" for him: his story is that he went one way and she went the other. In it, he's NOT claiming an innocent joyride or that he took her somewhere safely and freely. So not only does he not want anyone to know what occurred on that ride with CM somewhere in his car, he also doesn't even want anyone to know it took place, to the extent he denies it happened. That should tell us all we need to know, if the fact that he put her IN HIS TRUNK wasn't enough already. :)
It's not all we need to know! EA needs to tell her family what happened! I'm still hoping he will tell the truth when he realizes he's going down!

It's not all we need to know! EA needs to tell her family what happened! I'm still hoping he will tell the truth when he realizes he's going down!

I wish he would but I don't see this happening. I believe he will always deny it and at this point they can't really give him anything because they aren't going after him for murder.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
**guess other reporters not came back from break

Interview: After Arochi and Morris left, where did they separate? "As soon as we leave apt complexes" #arochitrial

Interview: "We talked about five words that night," Arochi said. "As soon as we separated, I didn't pay attention to her."#arochitrial

What a weirdd thing to say

Prev tweet by reporter bbm addtionally
JMHO while it does sound weird. Looks like reporter quoted from interview and response. So again just from observation, looks like EA just repeated "separated" from the Det.

I still always wonder why Texas Equusearch suspended their search on 9/13 after joining the search efforts on 9/8

I always have wounded that, too. I am curious if it is because of all the drugs and HF stuff. Sorry, just IMO, they may have decided there were too many lies to make their efforts valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000