GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #6

Oh I completely agree with you. He is going to be looked away for a long time. Especially now all other charges have been disposed and has held on to his innocence for so long. Maybe now he will tell us where he is hiding her now that the courts have approved his appeal

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Maybe now he will tell us where he is hiding her"

We all hope that happens. I'm sure his priest would tell him to do the right thing morally, and ease the pain of her family due to what he's done to her, but I've seen no reason to think he would truly care whether he is being the right kind of person morally or showing compassion. A man's heart is shown by his actions.

There's no logical explanation for finding Christina, other than Enrique telling were she is. None that I can think. Prayers to the family

Bumping for Christina. Tired of hearing about EA right now. Just sending love to Christina's family this time of year and holding out hope that she will lead us to her soon. Show us the way, beautiful girl. <3

Keeps saying I need to have a subscription to view, apparently I have sleuthed my monthly limit for The Dallas News. Know any other way I can view?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might try clearing your cookies or using Google Chrome in incognito mode to get past the paywall.

The article has the video of Enrique at the gas station and some of the police interviews.

The worst is EA crying about how he deserves to be home for Christmas and how his family is in the same boat as Christina's because they're missing their son. He even says he thinks the police may have planted her DNA in his trunk.

Here are some photos.
67aa64861d3baea1d090503cd4d24af4.png
9d55fd0c13d71a8199f7e49a301f37e4.png
676d610f987db236cfe37a74f372421e.png
9df8b34ab80912e0afb2c532ea86f0ca.png

Front page article yesterday on the ongoing search for Christina
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...leads-weekly-searches-two-years-disappearance

That's not the same article as the one just mentioned that has EA in prison trying to pretend he's done nothing wrong. He's still refusing to tell what he knows (Asked directly Friday what happened to Morris, Arochi replied, "I can't discuss that.") while trying to pretend that he cares about CM and what happened to her, and for explanations of this or that he's still offering the same failed lies that have been proven false, and in some cases that he himself contradicted.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...kidnapper-declares-exclusive-prison-interview

Excellent reporting in the articles! I remember his niece, 20-year-old Rachelle O'Neil Tolleson. Prayers for Christina's family and friends! I cannot believe Christina's father and Rachelle's family are having to relive another nightmare.

Dang. Those bruises tell it all.

His arm looks like he chocked her and she bit him.

Plus his fingers tell a more horrible crime.

Especially since the pictures happened a week or so after her going missing.

But the marks were still there.

Very brutal imo.

Dang. Those bruises tell it all.

His arm looks like he chocked her and she bit him.

Plus his fingers tell a more horrible crime.

Especially since the pictures happened a week or so after her going missing.

But the marks were still there.

Very brutal imo.

The marks on the upper knuckles are unmistakably tooth marks from punching someone.

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/Case.aspx?cn=05-16-01208-CR&coa=coa05
Order entered December 20, 2016
On Appeal from the 401st Judicial District Court. Collin County, Texas
Trial Court Cause No. 401-80513-2015

TEX. CODE CRIM. PROC. ANN. art. 26.04(a) (West 2016).
Under this rule, each county has a public appointment list containing “the names of the qualified attorneys” who have met the qualifications and applied to be included on the list. Id. art 26.04(d). Although appellant’s lead defense counsel, Mr. Gore, appears on the Collin County Texas Fair Defense Act list of participating attorneys list, Mr. Miears does not. Ms. Lakatos is included on the list and is approved to be appointed as appellate counsel. Under these circumstances, we cannot conclude the trial court erred.

We DENY Mr. Miears’s motion. The trial court’s October 31, 2016 order appointing Pamela Lakatos as appellate counsel remains in effect.

/s/ CAROLYN WRIGHT
CHIEF JUSTICE

His original attorney (Miears) apparently did not properly and/or timely notify the court of an intent to represent him on appeal. So with the clock running on deadlines, the court appointed a new attorney to represent him in that process. Now Arochi and his original attorney have to go through a legal process to request they undo the change.

This note, a month ago, nailed it. And ultimately we see that EA's motion to switch back attorneys was denied, which is revealing re EA's original attorneys.The appellate court's refusal flows from the fact they don't tolerate attorneys who color outside the lines, making more work for them for no good reason. Meiars didn't do the prep work to be EA's appellate attorney, and simply filed documents, then asked the court to take more of their time to rule on a motion to clean up his mess and let him be the appellate atty anyhow. The court said no thanks, and go away.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised. In Rusch's court, those same atty's crossed forbidden legal lines many times. They would misstate prior testimony (or simply make it up) as part of questions for another witness (who, not having heard the testimony, would have to assume it was actually said). At times, the prosecution called them out, at other times not. It got bad enough that the judge ripped into them several times and cut off some of their questions. During closing arguments, on multiple occasions they argued "evidence" that wasn't, and it got so bad Rusch threatened to simply end their closing argument if they did it again. The fact they were aggressive was good, but atty's who cross impermissible lines and half-*advertiser censored* the legal details have no place in appellate courts anyhow.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...g-enrique-arochi-appeal-despite-judges-ruling
Attorney files motion to keep representing Enrique Arochi on appeal despite judge's ruling
Valerie Wigglesworth - January 5, 2017

In an exclusive interview from prison last month, Arochi accused state District Judge Mark Rusch of going behind his back to fire his attorney.

"That just shows you that he's out to get me," Arochi said of the judge. "He's being political. He wants to look good in front of the public, but he's ruining someone's life over that."

Rusch declined to comment Wednesday.

It's amazing how Miears will continue fighting to be a court appointed atterny. He must drink evil for breakfast and love working overtime for no pay. <modsnip> Christinas life matters! It's important for us to stay together and stay focused on one thing and one thing only <modsnip>

"It's amazing how Miears will continue fighting to be a court appointed atterny. He must drink evil for breakfast and love working overtime for no pay."

How is his "fight" unusual or noble? He's just wanting a high dollar payday at the county's expense. Meiars knew from day one that he wouldn't be paid by Collin County to handle an appeal, if he took the case and lost it. Each county (including Collin) has rules that govern who they will pay for such work, Meiars (who is not new to cases in Collin County) knew them in advance, they haven't changed at any point, and he willfully tried to ignore those rules and pretend they didn't apply to him until both Judge Rusch and the appellate court slapped him down because he doesn't qualify. As an attorney, it's his JOB to know the rules and how they work, so I doubt his insistence on being exempt from them because he willfully ignored them and painted himself and his client into a corner will have any impact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back