GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #6

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/1353720/enrique-arochi-search-warrant.pdf

This is the search warrant. List of all lies are there. It also explains how he said he got the injury and damage to the fender (punch and elbow). Detectives showed the pictures to the expert at Collision Center who said damage is inconsistent with what Ariochi stated.

Respectfully, that's a list of SOME of his lies. But certainly not ALL of them.

And his tales here for how his car and arm were damaged, they were lies of course, but this wasn't his "explanation" exactly. It was just one of his attempts at concocting an excuse. He had several other explanations he also tried to use at various times. He didn't have the freedom to ever tell the truth, of course, given what the truth was.

We all know the only reason they have squeegees at Gas stations is so rapist can dispose of evidence quickly. The dent in arochis car indicates Christina Morris is still alive and he must have been hiding her in his trunk for days before that clever *advertiser censored* decided to even go to a gas station.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My husband does this too. He uses the gas station squeegee to touch up spots on his car in between car washes. I don't find it odd at all. Not this.

Looking at it up front, that stuff certainly COULD HAVE proven to have been innocent and coincidental.
Or maybe it wasn't, and he was showing conscious worry about the appearance of the trunk for some reason. That was possible as well.

In retrospect, knowing he did what he did, it's easy to know that he obviously was obsessing about his trunk because he had something major to hide, concerning it.

But before we know, my rule of thumb is that I gauge "coincidence or evidence" in things like this by the totality of the context. In this case, for me it easily lands on the "evidence" side of the ledger rather than on the innocent side, because of all the other things pointing me to EA and that trunk and showing he had reason to be concerned ...

• the DNA and blood in his trunk
  • all his various lies
  • the evidence of an altercation between the time he left the apartment and the time he showed up to work
  • the fact that EA was the last person CM was ever seen with
  • the lack of plausible explanation about how his car was damaged
  • the fact that CM couldn't have gotten out of the garage any other way than being in EA's car
  • and on and on.

Looking at it up front, that stuff certainly COULD HAVE proven to have been innocent and coincidental.
Or maybe it wasn't, and he was showing conscious worry about the appearance of the trunk for some reason. That was possible as well.

That was not the impression I got.

They were like "OMG, who does that?" as if it was some out-of-this-worldly sighting. It had nothing to do with the "context".

Up until this moment, I was under the impression that they were shocked, rightfully, because he was carrying a squeegee in his car. Car enthusiasts would be keeping a bag of Mequiars microfibers, but not a squeegee. I find it shocking now that jurors thought squeegeeing your car was shocking!

They were like "OMG, who does that?" as if it was some out-of-this-worldly sighting. It had nothing to do with the "context".

Up until this moment, I was under the impression that they were shocked, rightfully, because he was carrying a squeegee in his car. Car enthusiasts would be keeping a bag of Mequiars microfibers, but not a squeegee. I find it shocking now that jurors thought squeegeeing your car was shocking!

To be fair, we don't know exactly what they saw on that video. All we know is that there was a car and a squeegee, and that something was done by EA using the squeegee on the car. And that was one juror speaking his or her own reaction.

But it was just one, not 12. It could certainly have been one juror whose personal response was unjustified. Or otoh they could have seen on video something that no one would ever expect to see. We just don't know.

Also, their response was NOT separate from the greater context ...that is to say, they were weighing what they saw in the light of what else they saw in court, consciously or subconsciously.

And truth be told, that's what a jury is supposed to be and do. It's 12 people who are allowed to and expected to bring their own sense of things to what they see in court, put the evidence together as a whole, and decide what it's telling. I don't think there's any doubt that EA got what he deserved, and that he needed to be locked up for good for both retribution and also for the safety of other women in the community.

To be fair, we don't know exactly what they saw on that video. All we know is that there was a car and a squeegee, and that something was done by EA using the squeegee on the car. And that was one juror speaking his or her own reaction.

But it was just one, not 12. It could certainly have been one juror whose personal response was unjustified. Or otoh they could have seen on video something that no one would ever expect to see. We just don't know.

Good points but I think it is VERY clear what they are referring to:

Prosecution said "Arochi used a squeegee to wipe up the back of his Camaro"​
Juror: "I've never seen anybody do that"​

It is "the act of wiping his car with squeegee". Not a woman's shawl hanging from the trunk, not Christina's shoe dangling along the side.

Juror also was presenting main points how they reached verdict. It was not just one juror's opinion despite using "I".

Also, their response was NOT separate from the greater context ...that is to say, they were weighing what they saw in the light of what else they saw in court, consciously or subconsciously.

This had nothing to do with context. He was not supposed to make a blanket statement like this that implicates anyone who uses a squeegee whether they are related to a crime or not.

* Their saying "Ariochi was cleaning up the crime scene" would have been in context.

* Their saying, "not even car-nuts who love to keep their vehicles shining would bother with this in the middle of the morning while rushing to work" would have been in context.

* Their saying "not even car-nuts who love to keep their vehicles shining would bother with this when there is a damage on the car" would have been in context.

These all would have been right thought processes to go through to give someone benefit of the doubt... But being surprised that somebody would wipe their car with a squeegee...

Leaving this aside, why do you think Ariochi would do this in a petrol station where there are cameras? Hypothetically, would you have done it if you committed a crime? And if so, under which circumstances?

CC, you and I see that very differently. This was not a comment made by the jury as a group, in chorus, during the trial as that piece of evidence was presented. It was one comment made by a single juror well after the fact, about their personal thinking (because they can't speak to what went through anyone else's mind) of the trial. And it was what they thought in the context of all the other evidence they saw.

Anyhow, this is all academic and there's no real value to another rehash. It's over. EA was a predator who did evil to a young woman, he got caught, and now he is locked up and they've thrown away the key. The appeals arguments are so weak that even though the other charges offered a slam-dunk of a case that would have provided a "backup" conviction to keep him in prison, the prosecution decided to just drop those other charges because he's already got a life sentence that's rock solid.

Absolutely agree Steve.

Actually I don't know what there is to talk about the car. LE exhibited the car to public (and jury) back in September.

Gas station episode was just my own curiousity. At 20-something, all your life is revolving around social media and even the person living in a cave would have known there are cameras in a gas station.

My theory why he did that would be: Stoned & Stupid

I am just not feeling okay that a stupido gets away with disappearing someone without a trace.

Yeah, it's something to wonder about. I don't think EA was anywhere near as stoned as he wanted LE and the court and jury to believe. But stupid, yeah, he's stupid like a box of rocks. Unfortunately, it doesn't take any special smarts to hide a deceased body in an undisturbed part of this huge state (and other states as well) where it isn't likely to be found. It can be a real "needle in a haystack" proposition, and those found usually involve a large degree of luck or a confession.

Fortunately he didn't get away with it this time, and he's locked up for life and won't be able to do it again.

What did it for me was that smirk that wasn't showed on camera and the way he couldn't look a grieving mother in the eye. Forget all the "evidence". That alone should be enough to sentence a man a away for live.

EA is the dregs of society, that's for sure. He kidnapped at least one young woman and made her disappear forever, and he probably is a rapist and a murderer as well. So it's a blessing to all of us that he's locked up permanently now, where he'll never be able to prey on women again. If getting caught, convicted, and put in a cage makes him smirk, maybe it's his recognition that he's going to the ideal "home" for a soulless animal.

It's amazing how they can use "cell tower pings" to pinpoint his exact location next to Christina, but there's no way to pinpoint where he is hiding her in this giant hay stack. But then again there's no senses in to looking into that. Enrique is way to clever. Let's try to figure out what this dent on his car means. Enrique claimed it was from rotating a tire, but clearly it was CM's head.

What did it for me was that smirk that wasn't showed on camera and the way he couldn't look a grieving mother in the eye. Forget all the "evidence". That alone should be enough to sentence a man away for life.

What did it for me was that smirk that wasn't showed on camera and the way he couldn't look a grieving mother in the eye. Forget all the "evidence". That alone should be enough to sentence a man a away for life.

It's amazing how they can use "cell tower pings" to pinpoint his exact location next to Christina, but there's no way to pinpoint where he is hiding her in this giant hay stack. But then again there's no senses in to looking into that. Enrique is way to clever. Let's try to figure out what this dent on his car means. Enrique claimed it was from rotating a tire, but clearly it was CM's head.

The boyfriend basically gave him a 4 day grace period which possibly allowed Enrique to rehide the body before LE even knew that she was missing. Jmo

Yeah, jmo the boyfriend is such good guy. He was even driving out of state with his father to help search for CM shortly after she disappeared. That is love right there. To bad he was selling drugs to a undercover PO the night CM went missing. He has such a big heart. Once he does his time and learned his lesson, I'd let him baby sit my kids.

Yeah, jmo the boyfriend is such good guy. He was even driving out of state with his father to help search for CM shortly after she disappeared. That is love right there. To bad he was selling drugs to a undercover PO the night CM went missing. He has such a big heart. Once he does his time and learned his lesson, I'd let him baby sit my kids.

I know right.

I wonder if EA knew that the boyfriend would waste time in reporting things. But anyways.

He will eventually tell an inmate what he did with the body. Jmo.

CC, you and I see that very differently. This was not a comment made by the jury as a group, in chorus, during the trial as that piece of evidence was presented. It was one comment made by a single juror well after the fact, about their personal thinking (because they can't speak to what went through anyone else's mind) of the trial. And it was what they thought in the context of all the other evidence they saw.

I missed this paragraph.

Even if we take your opinion as accurate, regardless of what that single juror thought during the trial, this video is 2 months after the verdict. And he clearly is saying the same thing, showing the same amazement. If there was any disturbance to his thought process at that time from other jurors, he would not be saying the same now.

Simply, as unusual as it might be for me, he might have thought of it back then, but if someone had said "I do that with my car", he would not be thinking this way now. My observation remains about this oddity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back