GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going before a Grand Jury means the evidence PPD has gathered so far will be presented to the Grand Jury for determination if there is enough evidence of make a case against EA ....... There is still no body and no evidence of a crime unless DNA has returned and it is sealed until the Grand Jury meets. If the Grand Jury decides not enough evidence for a case against EA - they will no bill it.

No bill would be very shocking to say the least

The search warrant was going to be unsealed regardless of what EA said or did, or the family picketing or not picketing. The request to unseal the search warrant was put in motion weeks ago. EA let them voluntarily search his vehicle, but proper procedure dictates a search warrant.

The search warrant was going to be unsealed regardless of what EA said or did, or the family picketing or not picketing. The request to unseal the search warrant was put in motion weeks ago. EA let them voluntarily search his vehicle, but proper procedure dictates a search warrant.

Yeah...but...and I was not entirely supportive of the picketing, but I'm pretty sure the picketing led to the tv interviews...which certainly seems to be of interest to LE. So, looks like the family's decision to picket was somewhat successful.

And we know this how? Link please?

He voluntarily let them search it the first time. The warrant was for the seizure and search.

Link to the search warrant: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/PDF-Enrique-Arochi-Search-Warrant-281502151.html

I don't have a link to who requested for the search warrant to be unsealed - in most cases it is the press utilizing the sunshine law to release the search warrant. The Dallas Morning News, Plano Star, .......

The search warrant was for the vehicle. The arrest warrant was for the stolen phone. He wasn't arrested for anything to do with the vehicle. Search warrant was needed in case they did find evidence.

Yeah...but...and I was not entirely supportive of the picketing, but I'm pretty sure the picketing led to the tv interviews...which certainly seems to be of interest to LE. So, looks like the family's decision to picket was somewhat successful.

Yes, you are correct. It kept the story in the news and on the TV, I agree.

How do you know request was put in weeks ago? Link?

I'm sure everyone remembers when the Grand Jury met in Casey Anthony's case. It was before little Caylee's body was even found. George testified to the Grand Jury and after that meeting the Grand Jury determined they had enough to arrest Casey for the disappearance of Caylee. So.... I think we all know how that case ended. And as much as I hate to admit it, Geraldo the windsock was right all along.

How do you know request was put in weeks ago? Link?

It takes several weeks after the press requests a warrant to be unsealed for it to happen. I do not have a link where any person or newspaper or news station requested the warrant to be unsealed, but somebody requested it or we would not have access to the warrant. There is no link that I know of that says who requested for the warrant to be unsealed.

WE have the warrant. Somebody requested it be unsealed. It was not me.

Link to the search warrant: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/PDF-Enrique-Arochi-Search-Warrant-281502151.html

I don't have a link to who requested for the search warrant to be unsealed - in most cases it is the press utilizing the sunshine law to release the search warrant. The Dallas Morning News, Plano Star, .......

The search warrant was for the vehicle. The arrest warrant was for the stolen phone. He wasn't arrested for anything to do with the vehicle. Search warrant was needed in case they did find evidence.

I said nothing about the arrest warrant or the stolen phone in my post.

IMO, the seizure and search of EA's car for 11 days was not voluntary. The one hour overview in the day or so after he was first questioned, sure. But not on Sept 26th when the search warrant was executed.

IMO, the seizure and search of EA's car for 11 days was not voluntary. The one hour overview in the day or so after he was first questioned, sure. But not on Sept 26th when the search warrant was executed.

NO, I'm sure he was not happy about them having his car for 11 days. I misread your post as arrest. My apologies.

It is certainly interesting that it took them until the 26th to decide to seize and do a proper search. I'm quite interested as to what kind of DNA testing has taken place on the passenger seatbelt and the mats.

Didn't they take his car after they saw him on the Kroger video?

grand jury term can be extended for weeks, months or even years. Jurors are essentially on stand-by as the investigation moves forward

This was interesting!
From the Terri Horman Grand Jury!

Legal experts told KGW that prosecutors sometimes use the jury as an investigative tool because its subpoena power forces people to testify.
http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/20/11756804/

Thank you Eileen730! Yes, this is a very interesting article about how grand jury works. So, it seems the witnesses the night of August 30th can look forward to telling what they know happened:

Investigators were calling those friends and others in front of the grand jury for sworn statements on what they did and why they did it.

Investigators were also still working to pin down the exact movements of Terri Horman on the day her stepson disappeared, as well as on the exact movements of her friend, DeDe Spicer.

Some of the testimony was expected to focus on people who saw and dealt with the women on the day Kyron vanished.

Legal experts told KGW that prosecutors sometimes use the jury as an investigative tool because its subpoena power forces people to testify. It wasn t known how long the grand jury will meet.

Maybe an excellent opportunity for Christina's 'friends' from that night to testify!

I wonder if her "friends" would testify willingly or if they would have to be subpoenaed? Just seems to me that those "friends" aren't very interested in doing anything to help or at the very least, to make things a little easier. I am keeping fingers and toes crossed that this grand jury hearing will start shaking lose some important info that will lead to Christina. MOO

That is incorrect... I would ask for a link but know you cant provide one because your statement isn't accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member