GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #29 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link that says EA's parents were out of town? Or how has that been established? tIA

Is that not what the affidavits say? Only people home that weekend were him and his brother, who was down for the weekend from college?

I thought we had established that the family moved to America from Mexico when he was 11 or 12. So, having been born in Mexico and spending the first half of his education/school years there, why would it be unusual for him to post things in Spanish? It's his first language.
What does this have to do with the look at post about parents being out of town?

Also - and, here again, I lament what has become of journalism over the past two/three decades - this is information that old time crime reporters would have already asked and reported.

It's really a simple question for a journalist to ask. I'm assuming the DFW area has several news outlets, multiple television stations, newspapers, local rags and mags, etc. Doesn't appear that any of them have dedicated (in any sense of the word) crime reporters.

What does this have to do with the look at post about parents being out of town?

Nothing. It was a response to a post a couple of pages back. Someone from out of state was wondering why EA's facebook was written in Spanish. Not that unusual for people born in Mexico, living half their lives there, etc., to speak and write in Spanish.

IMO there is a lot that LE knows that they didn't want to reveal. The affidavit dropped tons of inferences, including the one you pointed out, and I don't think they are accidental. Read it closely and you get hints at lots of stuff, without them saying this or that directly, and you're left wondering what else they know.

I think they want EA to be misled, and keep him guessing as to what they know and where they are investigating. He's locked up in jail, where they can do their thing without his interference, and if he doesn't know what they are up to, virtually impossible for him to create indirect interference either.

Thing is Steve sometimes they don't have anything to reveal they just want him to think they do.
They just wanted something to get him in custody. And the Sexual assault is just an assumption also.
I don't think it was a SA.

Wow! I go away for a week and come back to EA being a serial predator and neighborhood peeping tom.
Just curious, anyone know if a police report was ever filed? Clearly, this girl was freaked out and I imagine
Her parents were horrified...I have searched and found no documentation of this other than her post on FB. TIA

I apologize in advance for not already knowing what a CI is..... Can someone please tell me what that abbreviation stands for? Thank you kindly. :)

Thanks for the info! Sheesh, who needs enemies, amirite? I wonder if that's what the TV series is based on...

No, it's not. I read Pretty Little Liars as well. Good book and scary how kids can turn on each other and lie so easily. The killers helped search, posted comments on Favebook professing their sadness and praying for Skylar's return, all the while knowing she was dead because they killed her. It was very interesting to read about the behavior of the two killers. One obviously was eaten up with fear, guilt, and remorse, while the other seemed only concerned about protecting herself.

Did she leave us for good? No more VI's :( I miss them both and their input. I know I read a post from Mark that Jonni is very ill right now, It is crazy how sick a broken heart can make a person:(

Prayers for answers and peace.

I sure miss JMOM's posts. I can't imagine how difficult this is for her and all of Christina's family. Sending prayers.

Thing is Steve sometimes they don't have anything to reveal they just want him to think they do.
They just wanted something to get him in custody. And the Sexual assault is just an assumption also.
I don't think it was a SA.

On top of that, he's now said to have an attorney (Keith Gore). And, the attorney will be on top of any further interviews and have EA coached about how to answer as well as when not to answer.

So, whether or not they are lying to him about what they have, it's probably irrelevant at this point. The sexual assault talk without DNA, etc. is just an excuse to ramp up the kidnapping assumption to aggravated kidnapping.

Without more than the "he said/she said"-type of stuff they base their sexual assault assumption on in the affidavit, the defense attorney should pretty easily knock it out if this thing ever gets to trial.

Again, it'll all be cleared up when they find her because (1) she's either alive and will tell them, or (2) she's not alive, so the DNA will tell them.

Is that not what the affidavits say? Only people home that weekend were him and his brother, who was down for the weekend from college?

I don't remember anything of the sort being mentioned on who was home that weekend, affadavits or otherwise.

Also - and, here again, I lament what has become of journalism over the past two/three decades - this is information that old time crime reporters would have already asked and reported.

It's really a simple question for a journalist to ask. I'm assuming the DFW area has several news outlets, multiple television stations, newspapers, local rags and mags, etc. Doesn't appear that any of them have dedicated (in any sense of the word) crime reporters.
Who says it hasn't been asked? Whom do you think that answer should come from? EA? The parents who aren't speaking to Christina's family or the media? PPD?
I understand your frustration with lack of information but you are making many assumptions.

On top of that, he's now said to have an attorney (Keith Gore). And, the attorney will be on top of any further interviews and have EA coached about how to answer as well as when not to answer.

So, whether or not they are lying to him about what they have, it's probably irrelevant at this point. The sexual assault talk without DNA, etc. is just an excuse to ramp up the kidnapping assumption to aggravated kidnapping.

Without more than the "he said/she said"-type of stuff they base their sexual assault assumption on in the affidavit, the defense attorney should pretty easily knock it out if this thing ever gets to trial.

Again, it'll all be cleared up when they find her because (1) she's either alive and will tell them, or (2) she's not alive, so the DNA will tell them.
I'm sorry, but kidnapping "assumption" made me choke on my cereal! Moving on...

I check EA public facebook page. It is written in Spanish. Was it always that way?

I thought we had established that the family moved to America from Mexico when he was 11 or 12. So, having been born in Mexico and spending the first half of his education/school years there, why would it be unusual for him to post things in Spanish? It's his first language.

CinNy is clearly asking if the FB page was always written in Spanish, to which someone already replied NO.

CinNy was not asking if it was unusual.

I don't see where it says in the affidavit that his parents were away that weekend - which page is it on?

I think if the son was home from college, that the parents would want to spend some time with him, and not take off for the weekend. JMO
I have son in college. That makes sense. I wouldn't up and leave town on a holiday weekend when he would be home.

CinNy is clearly asking if the FB page was always written in Spanish, to which someone already replied NO.

CinNy was not asking if it was unusual.
The change from English to Spanish on the fb page is interesting in that there isn't a good reason for it. The only logical reasons to me relate to potential trial related arguments like 1)he sometimes becomes confused when communicating in English because it is his second language and 2)potentially creating doubt as to who might have written the note in Spanish.

Allen hs is very good. It is very unlikely to me that a student would go through middle school and high school in Dallas/Allen and not be fluent in English. In fact, I feel like English would probably be his first language for fb type of communication, given most of his friends speak English.

The change from English to Spanish on the fb page is interesting in that there isn't a good reason for it. The only logical reasons to me relate to potential trial related arguments like 1)he sometimes becomes confused when communicating in English because it is his second language and 2)potentially creating doubt as to who might have written the note in Spanish.

Allen hs is very good. It is very unlikely to me that a student would go through middle school and high school in Dallas/Allen and not be fluent in English. In fact, I feel like English would probably be his first language for fb type of communication, given most of his friends speak English.
EA no longer has access to his FB page and the person with the password now probably wants to be able to read it in the language they are most comfortable with which is Spanish. It would not surprise me if they gave the FB over to someone in that group since all there is to do with his page is to filter the messages coming in (which I can imagine are coming in huge numbers calling him a murderer and among other things).

BBM.
It's his fb page so he has a reason for it or whoever has access to it has a reason.
Also, there are people who live in other countries who do not speak English and who use facebook. Perhaps he wanted them to be able to read and or comment on his FB page.

I have son in college. That makes sense. I wouldn't up and leave town on a holiday weekend when he would be home.
We don't know if anyone really left that weekend or even if the brothers were home alone for an extended period of time. I have not seen a link to where we can confirm this is factual information.

Depending on the family dynamic, I can easily see it. He had only been gone a couple weeks, and not that far. Labor Day weekend is a party weekend for the college crowd. Not a quality family time type holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?