GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #33 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered if landfill workers are ever instructed to "keep your eyes peeled for anything real suspicious".. if not, they should.

I don't even know anyone who has ever worked at one. We have gone to the landfill to drop stuff off in Melissa, it's closest to us in mckinney. There were prisoners helping unload.....?

I don't even know anyone who has ever worked at one. We have gone to the landfill to drop stuff off in Melissa, it's closest to us in mckinney. There were prisoners helping unload.....?

I had to go to one once & saw a lot of "earth moving vehicles" (bulldozers & such) leveling off the new trash & basically packing it down. Also noticed a helluva lot of big white birds, looked like seagulls...

I would assume the dumpster trucks have a hydraulic system, that just pushes all the compressed trash out the rear and then it is leveled by the bulldozers..

I saw an episode of dirty jobs where he went to a landfill and at that landfill someone there had the job to look over the pile once it was dumped for anything that didn't look "right". I don't know if it's at every landfill though.

I don't consider it as a negative term coming from a Brit, but it does slightly confuse me. [emoji1]

The first settlers in New England (original Yankees) sailed from England.
England wasn't too happy at first. Tea party and all that.
During the Civil War, Yankee became a name, used by southerners, for Americans who supported the Union side.
Eventually it became a catch all name for northerners in general.

As far as the English using the term "Yanks" (for all Americans), it must be a holdover from when the first settlers came to America.

"during the American Revolution it (Yankee) became a disparaging British word for all American natives or inhabitants."

No one seems to know the real origin of the word. May be of Dutch origin.
A British General James Wolfe used it first while commanding some New England soldiers.

http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/encyclopedia/yankee/?ar_a=1

I had to go to one once & saw a lot of "earth moving vehicles" (bulldozers & such) leveling off the new trash & basically packing it down. Also noticed a helluva lot of big white birds, looked like seagulls...

I would assume the dumpster trucks have a hydraulic system, that just pushes all the compressed trash out the rear and then it is leveled by the bulldozers..

There's a case where LE was looking for a woman's body in the landfill.
Heavy equipment, the crane with the arm thingy, was used to carefully pick through and down into the deep pile of garbage. Shoot, I'll look for the case.
Anyway, on the final day, they found her leg. They never found all or the rest of the remains.

Me too... gonna make some popcorn..

Did a reliable source confirm the interviews would actually be released for the general public? I'd love to watch them, but I wouldn't have been surprised if the court or LE decided it was best not to.

In cases I have seen where landfill searches were successful (Jennifer Blagg from CO is one who comes to mind, though daughter Abby was never found) police knew the suspect had used the dumpster at his work for several items as he was caught on video, therefore they had an idea of where to search, based on where the dumpsters in that area had been taken within the landfill from that day. It was all mapped out on a computer, i.e which dumpster pick-ups went where, etc. Even then, it took over six weeks of daily searching, if I remember correctly, to locate Jennifer. I really think this type of searching can only be successful when LE is almost certain a dumpster was used, and which one. To go just go in and try to search without that info would be an almost impossible task, as well as a dangerous one for searchers. It is not done lightly. I think Lori Hacking was also found this way, but with a detailed confession, and again, a known dumpster.

Jmo

I don't have the answer to this but I do know based on what I was told by JMOM that the police won't search unless they have a lead. So from what I understand, no landfill searches will take place w LE unless there's some type of lead.

Each landfill being searched, you would need a LOT of people to volunteer to scour. I can't honestly say I think there are enough volunteers at the current searches to think they'd get enough people to search one or more landfills sadly.
I posted about a landfill search the other night where LE found a woman in a cold search (no tip or leads to say she was there). Plano PD has more money and resources than almost any department across the country and they could put together a search team with both paid and volunteer entities (all LE, S&R, etc). Jonni should be asking them repeatedly to get this done. They have had no luck finding her so far and they need to expand the search using logical conclusions instead of waiting on leads which may never come. If it takes cadaver dogs checking every dumpster within ten miles of pings that night...do it. Or dive into the dump starting with the SAL quadrant and work their way out. PPD has the resources and can get the manpower easily enough so there should be no excuses to hold off on looking for Christina Morris anywhere and everywhere, imo. No stone left unturned.

I posted about a landfill search the other night where LE found a woman in a cold search (no tip or leads to say she was there). Plano PD has more money and resources than almost any department across the country and they could put together a search team with both paid and volunteer entities (all LE, S&R, etc). Jonni should be asking them repeatedly to get this done. They have had no luck finding her so far and they need to expand the search using logical conclusions instead of waiting on leads which may never come. If it takes cadaver dogs checking every dumpster within ten miles of pings that night...do it. Or dive into the dump starting with the SAL quadrant and work their way out. PPD has the resources and can get the manpower easily enough so there should be no excuses to hold off on looking for Christina Morris anywhere and everywhere, imo. No stone left unturned.

Im not saying I disgaree with your point, but I don't think plano pd will be going out to landfills searching w out a lead. Jmo

It's been almost 5 months since she went missing so I would think a landfill search would of already been done. I don't know if it would lead to her after this long.

I do think she could be a lot of places. Landfill is just one.

Did a reliable source confirm the interviews would actually be released for the general public? I'd love to watch them, but I wouldn't have been surprised if the court or LE decided it was best not to.

I want to say brittany or plano star said they would be releasing them.

There's a case where LE was looking for a woman's body in the landfill.
Heavy equipment, the crane with the arm thingy, was used to carefully pick through and down into the deep pile of garbage. Shoot, I'll look for the case.
Anyway, on the final day, they found her leg. They never found all or the rest of the remains.
Sad they didn't find all of her, but they solved the case. Yes. That is exactly how they go about doing the searches. They use the heavy equipment to dig down to where the grid starts for the date and area of dumpsters they are wanting to search. It doesn't go by single dumpsters only general areas where they were located, imo.

http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/hacking-mark.htm

Here's the case, 2004, of missing wife, Lori Hacking, who was disposed of in a dumpster by her husband and recovered from a landfill. Mark was sentenced to six years to life.
Gee, wonder where he is today. A search doesn't result in news about his release. Thank God.

I've been unsuccessful finding the case I referred to earlier.
I'm sure I learned about the case from a crime show because I remember the images of the crane picking through the landfill. Then, the miracle happened when evidence was uncovered.
A key point was the search was continued for another day beyond the day it was supposed to end.
Then, they uncovered part of the victim on the added, last day.
Maybe someone else will remember the case.

Don't know if this has been mentioned or if it even matters, but Plano residential garbage trucks and/or recycling trucks have (or had) cameras monitoring the contents of the bins as it was emptied onto the truck. Gonna have to imo this as the memory is faint... Maybe Allen's do, too?

http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/hacking-mark.htm

Here's the case, 2004, of missing wife, Lori Hacking, who was disposed of in a dumpster by her husband and recovered from a landfill. Mark was sentenced to six years to life.
Gee, wonder where he is today. A search doesn't result in news about his release.

I've been unsuccessful finding the case I referred to earlier.
I'm sure I learned about the case from a crime show because I remember the images of the crane picking through the landfill. Then, the miracle happened when evidence was uncovered.
A key point was the search was continued for another day beyond the day it was supposed to end.
Then, they uncovered part of the victim on the added, last day.
Maybe someone else will remember the case.

Was it Jennifer Blagg, the case I mentioned above?

In cases I have seen where landfill searches were successful (Jennifer Blagg from CO is one who comes to mind, though daughter Abby was never found) police knew the suspect had used the dumpster at his work for several items as he was caught on video, therefore they had an idea of where to search, based on where the dumpsters in that area had been taken within the landfill from that day. It was all mapped out on a computer, i.e which dumpster pick-ups went where, etc. Even then, it took over six weeks of daily searching, if I remember correctly, to locate Jennifer. I really think this type of searching can only be successful when LE is almost certain a dumpster was used, and which one. To go just go in and try to search without that info would be an almost impossible task, as well as a dangerous one for searchers. It is not done lightly. I think Lori Hacking was also found this way, but with a detailed confession, and again, a known dumpster.

Jmo

Oh I think this was the case, Clu.
Now, I recall there was a missing daughter too. Didn't they find her doll?
Was it only Jennifer's leg that was recovered?
I see you mentioned Lori Hacking too.

It may have been.
While I was searching, you were posting. Thanks!

Do you recall the part about the decision to extend the search a day or two?

Yes, I think so and no, daughter was never found. I think Jennifer's body was found...just her leg was what they saw first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti