GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woe, that water around 5800 granite parkway is very interesting. I just looked at the map again(thanks for the info). How big and deep are these water areas? Are they constant level or subject to variations in depth and size due to rainfall/ or drought?

The article did state the location of the tower as 5800 granite parkway:

"4:47 and 4:56 a.m. Aug. 30: A cellular phone tower at 5800 Granite Parkway near The Shops at Legacy communicates first with Arochi’s cellphone and then with Morris’ cellphone. The readings indicate the phones were in proximity."

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...womans-dna-found-on-trunk-of-suspects-car.ece

Yes, we've had the address all along. I've been trying to locate a tower at that address.
There are different sites that allow you to see the cell towers.
I'm not well enough informed on the topic of cell phone towers to know if the sites show every cell tower in every geographic area.
When googling 5800 Granite Parkway, a bunch of businesses come up along with the new Hilton Dallas/Plano Hotel at 5808.
Did LE give a precise tower address or just an address in general?
:thinking: I've been unable to locate a tower there.

Woe, that water around 5800 granite parkway is very interesting. I just looked at the map again(thanks for the info). How big and deep are these water areas? Are they constant level or subject to variations in depth and size due to rainfall/ or drought?

Adding - these very conversations may have already taken place in prior threads a long time ago.
Sometimes I can't keep up with all the topics within the threads at the same time so I'll skip concentrating on the one that is most difficult to understand (for me).
Now, since the thread is suffering, I thought I'd attempt to better understand the local geography.

About the lakes, man made, right?
I know two or three bodies of water have been mentioned and searched to some degree early in the case.
LE hasn't been open with the search details.
It is hard to imagine, if CM's phone pinged in the location, that the water there wasn't search. But how thoroughly?
We've seen scuba training take place during other cases, etc.
I can't recall that happening in CM's case but maybe a lot has happened that we're not privy too.

Sorry guys having a real brainstorm here(aka: diarrhea of the brain).
Thanks to the peeps talking about timeline again!

Since EA phone pinged back around his home at 5:32am and then seen at kroger's at 10:15am(4 hrs. 43min.) And let's assume that Christina was disposed of/placed some where between 5:32-10:15am. How much time could we subtract from the 4hr 43min for the time it took to prepare her body for disposal (burying - digging hole, burning, etc.)? 1-2hrs, more? Then we may be able to get at good radius estimate. I'm sure LE has already done this....

Yes, we've had the address all along. I've been trying to locate a tower at that address.
There are different sites that allow you to see the cell towers.
I'm not well enough informed on the topic of cell phone towers to know if the sites show every cell tower in every geographic area.
When googling 5800 Granite Parkway, a bunch of businesses come up along with the new Hilton Dallas/Plano Hotel at 5808.
Did LE give a precise tower address or just an address in general?
:thinking: I've been unable to locate a tower there.

Ahhhh, good information! I understand now. :)

But, police always take into account the last communication found on the victim's phone (or, in this case, the exchanges CM participated in using EA's phone).
Not to mention, there was a lot of activity that doesn't seem normal on CM's phone leading up to her disappearance.
LE may rule out its significance to the crime, but they always consider final communications.
I'm not so quick to dismiss the inquiry to get a hold of drugs from CM's bf.

If HF was answering, I would agree. But there is no indication that HF made contact or replied to any texts, for hours, as far as I know. Maybe that final text being sent by EA or CM was what caused the "problem" between them that resulted in some sort of escalating altercation. EA could have sent it to make CM mad, i.e...to let HF know she was with another man. Or anything like that. I am just not seeing CM going anywhere with EA voluntarily. Jmo

Sorry guys having a real brainstorm here(aka: diarrhea of the brain).
Thanks to the peeps talking about timeline again!

Since EA phone pinged back around his home at 5:32am and then seen at kroger's at 10:15am(4 hrs. 43min.) And let's assume that Christina was disposed of/placed some where between 5:32-10:15am. How much time could we subtract from the 4hr 43min for the time it took to prepare her body for disposal (burying - digging hole, burning, etc.)? 1-2hrs, more? Then we may be able to get at good radius estimate. I'm sure LE has already done this....

At 5:32 a.m. EA wasn't home yet. Assuming he went directly home, maybe a local knows how many minutes the drive is (not long I don't think).
So rounding down to 4hrs. 30mins. left before he arrived at Kroger.
Then, how many minutes from his house to Kroger?

Did he leave her somewhere prior to arriving home?
LE may believe he didn't because of all the cleaning supplies they found in the garbage.
Unless he used all those just to clean his car.
Maybe LE has a witness who saw Christina at EA's house?
Surveillance from a neighbor's house possibly?
Did EA have a spot in the garage or did he always park in the driveway?
Maybe if he never used the garage but did use it on the 30-31st, that would indicate a change of habit.
Except for the fact (if it is a fact) his parents were away so may provide an innocent reason why there was an empty spot in the garage.

Consider too, he could say he was sleeping during that time providing a reason his phone was off (if it was). But, if LE can prove he went in and then out of his driveway during those hours, he was up to no good during those hours for sure.

If CM wasn't brought all the way to EA's house, he may have pulled into his driveway and slept for a few hours (unless he obtained more drugs and took some again after leaving the garage at the SAL).

This is why it is important if CA was home or if anybody saw EA prior to his co-workers seeing him.
Because CA would know if EA was all beat up when and if he went home right after he pinged nearby his house at 5:32 a.m.
If CA wasn't present physically, it is unlikely anybody saw EA during the four hours.

LE spent a lot of time searching the home though.
They must have been working with an idea in mind.
Of course, they wanted his computer and other tech devices.
Those alone wouldn't take over 12 hrs. to gather though.

If HF was answering, I would agree. But there is no indication that HF made contact or replied to any texts, for hours, as far as I know. Maybe that final text being sent by EA or CM was what caused the "problem" between them that resulted in some sort of escalating altercation. EA could have sent it to make CM mad, i.e...to let HF know she was with another man. Or anything like that. I am just not seeing CM going anywhere with EA voluntarily. Jmo

SN said CM had communication with HF when SN and CM were at Scruffy Duffies.
CM swiped a credit card at 12:32 a.m. iirc. So HF and CM were in contact sometime before 2:00 a.m. The topic was the ex boyfriend but why we don't really know.
SN knows though and indicated CM was upset after their exchange.
These were complicated relationships (against TOS I guess) but may include EA (outside the idea he just showed up that night because of PP).

Christina's phone pinged for the last time at 4:47 a.m.
Arochi's phone pinged from the same tower at 4:56 a.m.
(5800 Granite Parkway north of Shops at Legacy)
We know both phones were in the area (exact location unknown) for nine minutes at the very least.

Later, Arochi's phone pinged at 5:32 a.m. near to his house.
(1500 block of Bethany Drive)

The sun rose at 6:21 a.m., 48 minutes later than the time he pinged near to his house. LE doesn't say if EA pinged again after that time (5:32 a.m.).

Based on the above, I don't believe Arochi's phone was disabled at any time prior to 5:32 a.m.
It sounds as if CM's phone could no longer be tracked after 4:47 a.m.

For some reason, CM's phone was disabled at the point EA returned to the area North of the Shops At Legacy.
Why wouldn't EA have disabled her phone prior to leaving the garage if something happened to her there prior to 4:00 a.m.?
Were both phones pinging together during the time EA left the garage until the time CM's phone stopped pinging?

LE possibly knows the exact (within 100 feet iirc) location from where CM's phone last pinged. I believe an extensive study done by an expert is able to determine the location.
Depending on the location, LE might know if it was a parking lot, back near to the friend's apartment, an open field, etc.
Knowing the particular location might help determine the reason EA doubled back.
LE stated they believe CM went to EA's home while in the trunk of EA's car.
LE stated that even though CM's pings never registered nearer to EA's home as far as we know.
So, why does LE believe Christina ended up at his home without her phone?

As far as we know, her phone has not been located.
If EA decided to ditch CM's phone, isn't there a chance it would have been found within the area pinged? Or, did he simply disable her phone in the area last pinged - he'd have to remove the battery from the phone and toss the battery.

I'm just thinking out loud.
It's hard to fathom how CM passed away so quickly (within the garage) and then EA realized within a short time, "uh oh, her phone". Maybe he drove back so her phone would ping for the last time nearer to the area she was last confirmed to be. Yet, if he knew that, why would he keep his phone active and able to still be tracked at the same time? Nope, makes no sense.
If he was concerned about her phone, he'd be concerned about his phone too.

The fact LE seems so sure CM left the garage in the trunk of EA's car, is what has me stumped the most.

If CM started out in the passenger seat of the car, how or why would she be dead already by 4:47 a.m.? Why would it take EA nine minutes to lose her phone yet pay no mind to his own phone?

The last communication, both EA and CM were in on, was to Foster
at 3:55 a.m. asking for drugs.
Just three minutes after (at 3:58 a.m.) the drug text, EA exited the garage.
Where was CM's phone pinging between 3:58 and 4:47 a.m.?
This is the data that can confirm if she was with EA upon leaving the garage.
But it can't confirm if Christina was dead or alive at that time.
Was EA called back to the area to pick up the drug he requested earlier?
Was CM with him and still alive? Or was CM with another person?
Did she leave with EA or wait around in or near the garage for someone else to arrive, possibly with drugs?
Or, did EA and CM, leave the garage together and do more drugs together if they obtained some somewhere along the line?

Let's hope LE can show why they believe CM left the garage in EA's trunk at 3:58 a.m.

http://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...cle_7d76c272-8fac-11e4-ae35-5728221577b8.html

Woe, I wanted to bring this forward for two reasons. First, it is just so good and will help keep us on track. Second, I wanted to offer some thoughts.

I believe that there are three sites where evidence may be available, when it is more easily assumed that there is just one or two. These are the what I suggest:

1. The sexual assault site, where Christina was most likely raped.
  2. The disposal site, where EA took Christina's body.
  3. EA's home, where he would have felt comfortable to do clean up and further disposal of physical evidence.

I think Christina left in the passenger seat willingly for some purpose. Among these could be that she didn't feel safe to drive herself, to get more drugs, for some reason her car was not responsive, to see something EA said he would show her, or to obtain something EA said he had, or to just to hang out. The reason need not be compelling to us. We need to remember that most likely neither of these people were sober. Rationality does not have to enter into this reason at all. I think that this place could have been any place toward EA's home where he felt comfortable. "Hey, I wanna show you something." "Hey, I have this in such and such place." At that place, I believe an attempted or completed sexual assault took place.

So why would he not kill her then? He did not know she would be as angry as she became.

Earlier, we had lots of discussion about informed consent and the 16yo girl. However, there is another instance where informed consent must be had: A woman must not be so impaired that she cannot give consent to sex. She cannot be unconscious, for instance, or she cannot be so impaired by liquor or drugs that she cannot give informed consent. I think it is possible that he decided to assume they were having a consensual encounter when in fact, they were not.

Young women today are very well aware of this concept. It is an issue.

However, I believe it is entirely possible that EA went to return CM to her car and only became aware that it was an issue on the way back, at which point an argument/altercation/accident occurred. Christina ended up dead. Now, he had to dispose of the body; he could not just return her to her car.

Later, after he disposed of her body, he would have returned home. He perhaps phoned home to see what the situation was with his brother. Most likely, while he cleaned up, he would not want to confront any questions from CA.

Anyway, that is just a scenario that occurred to me. You all tell me if there would have been time for all that. I am no good with time or math.

Logical to make that assumption. I agree that it seems more likely than not, and that the diligent cleaning and vacuuming soon thereafter certainly hints of that. But hard to prove that Holly was a passenger because EA vacuumed his car a few days later, unless you find some actual evidence of her in that seat.

But imo there's no need or value for LE to prove she was ever his passenger, so why bother? I think LE will keep it simple, stick to what they know, and not try to prove details that don't change the bottom line.

At some unknown (as to exact time or place) point after they were seen on video at 3:55, EA put her IN HIS TRUNK (kidnapping her, since she wasn't there willingly or for her welfare). That's all that's really needed as to whether or not he kidnapped her.
Who is Holly? You mean Christina, right?

At 5:32 a.m. EA wasn't home yet. Assuming he went directly home, maybe a local knows how many minutes the drive is (not long I don't think).
So rounding down to 4hrs. 30mins. left before he arrived at Kroger.
Then, how many minutes from his house to Kroger?

Did he leave her somewhere prior to arriving home?
LE may believe he didn't because of all the cleaning supplies they found in the garbage.
Unless he used all those just to clean his car.
Maybe LE has a witness who saw Christina at EA's house?
Surveillance from a neighbor's house possibly?
Did EA have a spot in the garage or did he always park in the driveway?
Maybe if he never used the garage but did use it on the 30-31st, that would indicate a change of habit.
Except for the fact (if it is a fact) his parents were away so may provide an innocent reason why there was an empty spot in the garage.

Consider too, he could say he was sleeping during that time providing a reason his phone was off (if it was). But, if LE can prove he went in and then out of his driveway during those hours, he was up to no good during those hours for sure.

If CM wasn't brought all the way to EA's house, he may have pulled into his driveway and slept for a few hours (unless he obtained more drugs and took some again after leaving the garage at the SAL).

This is why it is important if CA was home or if anybody saw EA prior to his co-workers seeing him.
Because CA would know if EA was all beat up when and if he went home right after he pinged nearby his house at 5:32 a.m.
If CA wasn't present physically, it is unlikely anybody saw EA during the four hours.

LE spent a lot of time searching the home though.
They must have been working with an idea in mind.
Of course, they wanted his computer and other tech devices.
Those alone wouldn't take over 12 hrs. to gather though.

Wow Woe, that is a lot to digest and great brainstorming material. I am going to sign off for tonight.

I will say that if EA really did try to use CA as his alibi in the wee hours of the morning, then he did not have a blackout as he reported having anytime he mixes adderall and alcohol. MOO

Goodnight all!

This is what makes me anxious...in a good way! On 12/19/14
“I hope people understand how much time and how much work we’ve actually been doing on this all along,” said Officer David Tilley, Plano PD spokesman. “This is just a small percentage of everything we’ve done. This is just the information we needed to get the arrest and search warrant.”

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...6cc-87e2-11e4-b296-13824fa23769.html?mode=jqm

Then in January we learned, PPD says this "Prosecutor Lisa King asked Plano Detective Cathy Stamm whether she believed Arochi kidnapped and killed Morris. “Absolutely,” Stamm said."

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...ing-of-fort-worth-woman-to-remain-in-jail.ece

I can't wait to hear what they have on EA. I was watching another case recently that occurred in Lewisville Tx and although they did find the body, everyone involved were pointing fingers as to who did it. So instead of filing homicide charges, the detectives opted to go with AK charges (which held the same sentence according to LE). The main players, one got life the other 99 yrs.

http://www.allreadable.com/1b3d4gLO

I think for some people who aren't native to Tx may have a hard time understanding how severe the punishments are in this state. Executions happen weekly, public record, and there are a lot of people who are wasting away right now in Huntsville Tx doing life sentences for things that you and I have done in a drug/alcohol endured stopper or just psychotic immature moment that went undocumented. Texas is a very conservative state and lawmakers and politicians have a "good ol' boy" mentality. There's not much leeway or social acceptance to what the "norms" are. Another unfortunate problem that EA has against him is that he's not American, nor is he Caucasian, while CM is both. These (IMO) are severe severe unspoken handicaps to his defense. I personally do not believe it's fair, but as someone who follows various cases and I am a local to Tx, I'm just explaining why it (may) appear to some to be less serious evidence presented or doubtful that these charges, or his punishment will stick.
Personally, I feel sorry for his family. Especially since the way they will forever be viewed (and treated) while in this state, yet they can't leave or go very far since he will be living in Huntsville for probably the rest of their lives.

The Hilton site reports the Hilton Dallas/Plano hotel opened, ironically, August 29, 2014.
http://hiltonglobalmediacenter.com/index.cfm/page/11091

Site claims "opened" as in did open. So?

5800 Granite Pkwy in Plano Tx is not the Hilton, (that's 5805) it's an office building that houses lots of corporate suites within, check here: http://www.graniteprop.com/properties/property_detail/?bn=12501
And yes, they were open on 8/29/14 not newly opened. At the top of this page (link) you can view several live feed cameras of the various buildings in that area. Scroll back to 8/30/14 at 4ish am and try to find EA's Camero lurking thru, if you're bored. I tried but I can't slow/pause the camera long enough.

Who is Holly? You mean Christina, right?
Oops. Brain typo, sorry about that! :gaah:Thanks for the help, yes I meant Christina. :smile:

Should have said - But hard to prove that Christina was a passenger because EA vacuumed his car a few days later, unless you find some actual evidence of her in that seat. So, because it doesn't really change the outcome to know if she initially was or wasn't a passenger, I think LE will keep it simple, stick to what they know, and not try to prove it either way.

Oops. Brain typo, sorry about that! :gaah:Thanks for the help, yes I meant Christina. :smile:

Should have said - But hard to prove that Christina was a passenger because EA vacuumed his car a few days later, unless you find some actual evidence of her in that seat. So, because it doesn't really change the outcome to know if she initially was or wasn't a passenger, I think LE will keep it simple, stick to what they know, and not try to prove it either way.

They probably will, but we are not LE.

5800 Granite Pkwy in Plano Tx is not the Hilton, (that's 5805) it's an office building that houses lots of corporate suites within, check here: http://www.graniteprop.com/properties/property_detail/?bn=12501
And yes, they were open on 8/29/14 not newly opened. At the top of this page (link) you can view several live feed cameras of the various buildings in that area. Scroll back to 8/30/14 at 4ish am and try to find EA's Camero lurking thru, if you're bored. I tried but I can't slow/pause the camera long enough.

Wish I could get this to work. It just says timed out when I try :(

Woe, I wanted to bring this forward for two reasons. First, it is just so good and will help keep us on track. Second, I wanted to offer some thoughts.

I believe that there are three sites where evidence may be available, when it is more easily assumed that there is just one or two. These are the what I suggest:

1. The sexual assault site, where Christina was most likely raped.
  2. The disposal site, where EA took Christina's body.
  3. EA's home, where he would have felt comfortable to do clean up and further disposal of physical evidence.

I think Christina left in the passenger seat willingly for some purpose. Among these could be that she didn't feel safe to drive herself, to get more drugs, for some reason her car was not responsive, to see something EA said he would show her, or to obtain something EA said he had, or to just to hang out. The reason need not be compelling to us. We need to remember that most likely neither of these people were sober. Rationality does not have to enter into this reason at all. I think that this place could have been any place toward EA's home where he felt comfortable. "Hey, I wanna show you something." "Hey, I have this in such and such place." At that place, I believe an attempted or completed sexual assault took place.

So why would he not kill her then? He did not know she would be as angry as she became.

Earlier, we had lots of discussion about informed consent and the 16yo girl. However, there is another instance where informed consent must be had: A woman must not be so impaired that she cannot give consent to sex. She cannot be unconscious, for instance, or she cannot be so impaired by liquor or drugs that she cannot give informed consent. I think it is possible that he decided to assume they were having a consensual encounter when in fact, they were not.

Young women today are very well aware of this concept. It is an issue.

However, I believe it is entirely possible that EA went to return CM to her car and only became aware that it was an issue on the way back, at which point an argument/altercation/accident occurred. Christina ended up dead. Now, he had to dispose of the body; he could not just return her to her car.

Later, after he disposed of her body, he would have returned home. He perhaps phoned home to see what the situation was with his brother. Most likely, while he cleaned up, he would not want to confront any questions from CA.

Anyway, that is just a scenario that occurred to me. You all tell me if there would have been time for all that. I am no good with time or math.

Except that with no body, where is your evidence for a sexual assault?

Except that with no body, where is your evidence for a sexual assault?

As I hope I made clear when I wrote the post and added: "just a scenario that occurred to me.", I am not claiming to be psychic.

Yes, a body would help if that body had been recently disposed of. That is not the case here. I am asking members if they think the scenario I imagined would fit the facts of the timeline. At this point, with EA in custody and Christina not yet found, we are all more or less brainstorming.

I am asking members if they think the scenario I imagined would fit the facts of the timeline. At this point, with EA in custody and Christina not yet found, we are all more or less brainstorming.

I think Quailfoot was just answering the question by pointing out that there is no evidence at all that a sexual assault occurred.....but other than that everything else you mentioned seems plausible based on what we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti