Found Alive TX - Christine Woo (fnd dec'd), 39, & 3 kids, Frisco, 28 March 2016

I guess I am the only person here who does not feel this was an intentional suicide. Allergies are horrible to deal with, and she may have had no idea that she had taken so many that they would kill

I guess I am the only person here who does not feel this was an intentional suicide. Allergies are horrible to deal with, and she may have had no idea that she had taken so many that they would kill

I just looked at my box of Unisom. It's also Diphenhydramine. I doubt she took Benadryl. In my opinion, she would never have taken enough Benadryl to kill her just for allergies. She also probably wouldn't take something like Benadryl during the DAY for allergies, but opt for a type that doesn't cause drowsiness. I remember one of my friends telling me many moons ago (when our kids were little) that her ER dr. father told her it was nearly impossible to OD on Benadryl, at least accidentally.

The death is ruled suicide based on totality of circumstance. I have seen no reason whatsoever to doubt that ruling.

The death is ruled suicide based on totality of circumstance. I have seen no reason whatsoever to doubt that ruling.

I would agree with a ruling of accidental overdose, but not suicide. JMO

Diphenhydramine (/ˌdaɪfɛnˈhaɪdrəmiːn/; abbreviated DPH, sometimes DHM) is a first-generation antihistamine possessing anticholinergic, antitussive, antiemetic, and sedative properties that is mainly used to treat allergies. It is also used in the management of drug-induced parkinsonism and other extrapyramidal symptoms. The drug has a strong hypnotic effect and is FDA-approved as a nonprescription sleep aid, especially in the form of diphenhydramine citrate. It is produced and marketed under the trade name Benadryl by McNeil Consumer Healthcare in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa (trade names in other countries include Dimedrol, Daedalon, and Nytol). It is also available as a generic or store brand medication.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diphenhydramine

I wasn't calling it Benadryl by guessing. I stated that because I actually know it is. A quick google search could have verified. She might not have bought the brand name, but it is the exact same thing. Benadryl is the brand name for diphenhydramine. Just like advil is a brand name of Ibuprofen. And Tylenol is a brand name of Acetaminophen. It is the same thing.

You do not accidentally overdose on it. You do not take a couple for allergies and die. They would not rule that she intentionally and knowingly took enough to kill herself if she did not mean to. Maybe accidental oversdose, not suicide. And it is not easy to die from it, so she took massive amounts. I'm not sure why people won't believe what has been released as fact- she went into Walgreens, bought a bunch of diphenhydramine and took it all with her kids strapped into their death trap. I get the need for a brain not to want to believe a mother would harm her children like she did, but I see no other explanation. She knowingly and willingly committed suicide. While her children watched.

The police have said she bought a sleep aid, not an allergy medicine. Yes, the name of the drug is Benadryl, but Unisom's main ingredient is "Benadryl".

What are the active ingredients in Unisom products?
SleepGels: The active sleep-aid ingredient is diphenhydramine HCl (50 mg/dose).
SleepTabs: SleepTabs contain doxylamine succinate (25 mg/dose).
SleepMinis: The active sleep-aid ingredient is Diphenhydramine HCl (50 mg/dose).
Unisom Liquid: The active sleep-aid ingredient is diphenhydramine HCl (50 mg/dose or 30mL/dose).
SleepMelts: The active sleep-aid ingredient is diphenhydramine HCl (50 mg/dose).
PM Pain: The active sleep-aid ingredient is diphenhydramine HCl (50 mg/dose). PM Pain also contains the pain reliever acetaminophen (325 mg/dose).

http://www.unisom.com/common-questions/

Yes. Diphenhydramine might be marketed as a sleep aid (Unisom) or it might be marketed as an allergy medicine (Benadryl), but 50mg of Diphenhyramine is 50mg of Diphenhydramine, no matter wheat name brand or stated purpose you slap on it. The reason I said "That is Benadryl" several posts back was not to argue the brand name of whatever she bought or claim she was trying to take 50 pills to get rid of her allergies, it was to put a common name to the product she used. I cannot take Diphenhydramine and I have sleep issues, so I know it is in almost every single sleep medicine and I have to use Melatonin, instead.

Whew! I thought that was a simple statement. I didn't realize it was needing such explanation. lol

I know this is n older story but I was reading all a b out it and the comments and I agree n my opinion it doesnt sound like intentional suicide. I was very sick from an allergic reaction fo Gabapentin my dr office told me to take 2 benedryl and call in morning those 2 little pills knocked me out for 4 1/2 days I didnt get up to drink eat nor use the bathroom for entire time not only was my body rejecting and reaction to one med the next med almost killed me too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back