Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

Where does it state the dog came back hours later? If the dog came back hours later that means search crews were already onsite...

I have only seen that in one article, linked a page or so back. I think they meant to say 2:30, which fits with the rest of the articles. I think it was just a typo. MOO.

If it was actually 8:30, the boy and dog could
have gone much further than anyone expected. I hope 8:30 was a typo.

I have only seen that in one article, linked a page or so back. I think they meant to say 2:30, which fits with the rest of the articles. I think it was just a typo. MOO.

If it was actually 8:30, the boy and dog could
have gone much further than anyone expected. I hope 8:30 was a typo.

The dog could have very easily taken off on his own once entering the forest, while the boy got separated on his own.

The dog returned 6 hours later? That is very concerning. How far did this dog and little boy walk? Were they both picked up in a car? Could someone have ran into the boy with their car, panicked, and picked up his body?

There are only a few plausible scenarios.
  • Lost
  • Abducted
  • Accident
  • Foul play
Where are you Christopher?

I’d really like to think if someone hit a free roaming toddler with their car, they would just pull over and call 911. But I have personally speculated on this as a possibility in other cases (like Molly Tibbetts) though it never turned out to be the case for those kids.

I wonder if the Texas National Guard or any soldiers from bases in Texas have been deployed. If this hasn’t happened, I wonder why. I feel like in terrain like that, the more boots on the ground the better.

I edit this post as I just NOW read EquaSearches comments on how dense, thick the area is, and that it looks different on google maps than when you are actually there.

Sooooo, my original comment "The area in which he went into the woods does not seem that large; helicopter, drones, SAR on horseback, and dogs should be able to find him" is naive.

Here is a screenshot of the area he went into the woods, and link to google map of area. .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 8.10.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 8.10.39 AM.png
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
This is an older resource, but I still find it useful. It’s designed for SAR workers & volunteers and based on missing person behaviour. IPP= Initial Planning Point, which might be the subject’s last known sighting.

For Christopher’s age bracket:
5170D3BE-9CEA-4290-8EC9-1D95E5A3E609.jpeg BD7F8021-522D-4EF1-B3C6-2DAE00C6C74B.jpeg

Wayback Machine

There are newer resources about missing person behaviour and SAR stats online.

MOO. I’m sorry but they should cancel the festival or delay it. Nothing is more important than finding this little guy.
I don't see that happening, but I think LE could use it to their advantage. I have personally sat in lines for over an hour to get into the festival. There are just a few entrances and the admission price is expensive. My thoughts are that it's a pretty contained area, and cars could be searched that are in lines. Also admission gates could be on alert. Flyers could be put up all over the villages and booths. To close the festival would be almost like closing down a town. There is usually a significant police presence throughout the park also. MO

I’d really like to think if someone hit a free roaming toddler with their car, they would just pull over and call 911. But I have personally speculated on this as a possibility in other cases (like Molly Tibbetts) though it never turned out to be the case for those kids.

Although it sound disgusting to read or type this is a cruel sick work we are in and …… TBH disposing of a toddler in a hit and run would be easier to do than anyone say i’ve 10yo.

what are the odds that a hit and run could be a true scenario?

On day 4/5 if he were deceased in the area birds would be circling.

If the area is so dense and hard to get through, I would think it would be equally so for the child. How far could he have gone? And I would think the child would respond to people calling him, his name if he could hear them? Prayers

I don't see that happening, but I think LE could use it to their advantage. I have personally sat in lines for over an hour to get into the festival. There are just a few entrances and the admission price is expensive. My thoughts are that it's a pretty contained area, and cars could be searched that are in lines. Also admission gates could be on alert. Flyers could be put up all over the villages and booths. To close the festival would be almost like closing down a town. There is usually a significant police presence throughout the park also. MO

I’m aware it won’t be being cancelled…. People are far to self centered for that, MOO. If they planned to cancel it they would have done so before now.

I don’t think it should be cancelled because the person who has him (if there is a kidnapping) is going to bring him to the festival. I think it should be cancelled because of the traffic issues delaying the search effort, and because LE resources should be used elsewhere. This kid is on borrowed time if he is still alive. IMO searching cars going to the festival is going to be of no use to the search for this little boy.

Although it sound disgusting to read or type this is a cruel sick work we are in and …… TBH disposing of a toddler in a hit and run would be easier to do than anyone say i’ve 10yo.

what are the odds that a hit and run could be a true scenario?

On day 4/5 if he were deceased in the area birds would be circling.
Right, but unless someone was doing something illegal when they hit him, or had a warrant or something, why would anyone feel the need to toss a baby after an accident. I think that would elevate the charges quite a lot. I suppose anything is possible.

With heavy tree coverage and him not passing right away, assuming he is out there deceased, birds either may not swarm or may not be there yet.

Ponds have been pumped dry, swimming pools searched. The area has dense woods and many deep ravines hidden by the heavy brush. Sheriff Don Sowell has been on the scene almost constantly since the beginning, the FBI is assisting. Helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft have searched day and night. Using FLIR,(heat-sensing equipment) but has turned nothing. The brush is so heavy it is very difficult to see down into it. Tim Miller with Equusearch organized his volunteers in a grid search, shoulder to shoulder, and still came up empty-handed.
UPDATE-GRIMES COUNTY SEARCH FOR TODDLER

ETA- Here is that same article shared on Facebook but with some interesting comments. Log In or Sign Up to View

This is an older resource, but I still find it useful. It’s designed for SAR workers & volunteers and based on missing person behaviour. IPP= Initial Planning Point, which might be the subject’s last known sighting.

For Christopher’s age bracket:
View attachment 316588 View attachment 316589

Wayback Machine

There are newer resources about missing person behaviour and SAR stats online.
I love information like this! Thank you for sharing! Is there some thread with resources where this information could go as well? It would be good to refer back to it.

What I find interesting about that study that you linked was that’s not one child was apparently missing from or found in dense forest. And all 100% of them were found. I wonder what that means in this case.

If the area is so dense and hard to get through, I would think it would be equally so for the child. How far could he have gone? And I would think the child would respond to people calling him, his name if he could hear them? Prayers

I've read in other cases that that's not necessarily true. A small child, or dog, can often get under obstacles or squeeze through narrow places (game trails through undergrowth, for instance) where adults struggle. Also, being much lower to the ground, they can see openings that someone looking down might not notice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back