TX - Clifton, 1985 Mickey Bryan Murder Case

Hello!

LINKS ARE POSTED BELOW

As a new member, how would I go about "resurrecting" this thread and getting additional information on the case?

I live in Clifton, TX and, although I was only 4 months old when this happened, I have read up on it and it is something that has stuck with me. I have read as much as I can find online about the Bryans and from what I have seen, nothing definitively says Joe killed his wife. After being in prison for more than 30 years for the murder of his wife, he was released on parole in 2020 but has not been exonerated.

The Innocence Project of Texas worked to get him out on parole and author John Grisham, who based his book "The Guardians" on this case, served as a character witness at his parole hearing.

When the Texas Rangers arrived at the house, the backdoor was unlocked, and a cigarette butt was on the kitchen floor but neither of them smoked. There was a "moist" pair of underwear found in the trash that matched Joe's blood type - but he's obviously not the only person with that blood type.

It seems as if a lot of evidence was mishandled and this poor man was wrongly accused of murdering the love of his life. Is there any way to get him exonerated? How would one go about getting additional information or contacting family members and other people involved in the trials? I don't want to harass anyone but I would like to do what I can to help this man that I feel was very wrongfully convicted. Do you guys just reach out to people involved to see if they are willing to talk to you?

Part of me feels like if a well-known author and the Innocence Project have done all they can, what more can I do?

I guess my question is - Is there anything else that can be done for him?

**This is my second post to this site. I have tried to follow the rules, links are posted, etc. If I missed something, please let me know.

Hello!

LINKS ARE POSTED BELOW

As a new member, how would I go about "resurrecting" this thread and getting additional information on the case?

I live in Clifton, TX and, although I was only 4 months old when this happened, I have read up on it and it is something that has stuck with me. I have read as much as I can find online about the Bryans and from what I have seen, nothing definitively says Joe killed his wife. After being in prison for more than 30 years for the murder of his wife, he was released on parole in 2020 but has not been exonerated.

The Innocence Project of Texas worked to get him out on parole and author John Grisham, who based his book "The Guardians" on this case, served as a character witness at his parole hearing.

When the Texas Rangers arrived at the house, the backdoor was unlocked, and a cigarette butt was on the kitchen floor but neither of them smoked. There was a "moist" pair of underwear found in the trash that matched Joe's blood type - but he's obviously not the only person with that blood type.

It seems as if a lot of evidence was mishandled and this poor man was wrongly accused of murdering the love of his life. Is there any way to get him exonerated? How would one go about getting additional information or contacting family members and other people involved in the trials? I don't want to harass anyone but I would like to do what I can to help this man that I feel was very wrongfully convicted. Do you guys just reach out to people involved to see if they are willing to talk to you?

Part of me feels like if a well-known author and the Innocence Project have done all they can, what more can I do?

I guess my question is - Is there anything else that can be done for him?

**This is my second post to this site. I have tried to follow the rules, links are posted, etc. If I missed something, please let me know.
Sorry - wanted to add a thought.

According to the above link, Texas Ranger Joe Wilie found "moist" underwear in the trash. Mickey was found dead shortly after 7:15am. Joe was in Austin, over 2 hours away (consider the speed limit in 1985 and the time it would take for him to to get back to the Hyatt Regency in Austin).

Would the semen on the underwear still be "moist"? How long does sperm stay "moist" on surfaces?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back