TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my first post. Not sure why this case struck a chord with me, i think its because I survived child abuse and cps failed me as well. I know many cases where CPS has not done all they can do for a case. I want to know more about the CPS report filed against the mother.

I followed this story from the first post I saw on facebook where he was missing. I combed through every facebook page of the two parents and all family members and friends. I had a feeling it was another case of severe child abuse and neglect. I somehow knew the moment his photo was posted that he was already in heaven. I am so sad that he spent that long out in the woods without someone realizing.
Now with the latest news... How can a mother make a decision not to take their child to a hospital if they are having a seizure and trouble breathing. Sure kids have accidents and fall down, but this doesnt seem to be an accident, he was abused and suffered. The fact that they slept in a hotel room with their childs body next to them on the floor makes me shake with cold fear- thats cold hearted and heartless.
I do feel bad for Colton's father, he seemed to be a good father who tried his best. He worked, and it appears he was the light in Colton's life - just judging from photos and videos. I think he should be given a break he did not deserve the pain of losing his child. Its messed up how things like this happen and it brings up your past which might not be pretty. Not all humans are saints - sometimes we make mistakes and deserve another chance to make an honest living.
This makes me want to do something in his name. I can not foster kids but I can make a donation to abused or homeless children, something or anything to make my heart not hurt,
COLTON WE CARE! I am so sorry you had to suffer in life :"( Ill be releasing balloons on your birthday this sunday.

We'll probably never know. She is trying to paint herself in the best light possible (taking "care" of him in the motel). What is telling is who was honest with LE and who wasn't. She's lied from the get-go, and probably still is. At least Turner was decent enough to lead LE to his remains. I'm sure she was shocked when that was revealed to her.

As I read the PC, I was thinking, we'll never know who is actually responsible. Unless there were witness' to prior abuse, or whoever took those pictures actually got Colton to verbalize how he was hurt.

Since Turner gave Colton's location, I assume that means the DA will work some sort of deal with him?

I didn't see the affidavits at first either. So, the two (MW and MT) are still giving inconsistent stories, each incriminating the other more than themselves. Got it. And according to HER version, they actually slept one night with her deceased baby IN THE ROOM until they could find somewhere else to bury him.

Nope. I can't.

After they buried him in a shallow grave and decided it was too shallow, they dug him up, rode with him in the back of the truck and then put him on the floor of the motel while they slept and got up and buried him again.

That poor baby!

The mothers Facebook had me questioning if maybe the boyfriend did it and she was scared . Her old posts show a lot of love for her "little cowboy"... But it didn't make sense that she would come back and post like everything was normal and happy. Now it does. She's an FCA all the way. Sooo mad!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't. . .that poor little boy. :(

Those pictures are horrific! He needed to be taken to an ER. I wonder if the seizure and death ( :cry: ) was a result of that assault, or another (of probably many.)

I just don't get it! How? Why? :banghead:

On another note, I can't stay in this thread. MW is almost a dead ringer for my oldest daughter. . .looks only, thank gawd!

..laid his body on the floor.....went to sleep.

Yeah right. MOO what do you wanna bet they "partied" the night away that night.

My mind can't seem to wrap around her being in the room with her babies dead body on the floor. This is some twisted Mom :(

Forgive me here I'm just thinking out loud trying to make sense of a senseless act, and trying to get in the mindset if some of the key players here. This is totally JMO-
It would come as no surprise to me if MW is the lone offender in Colton's death. It seems he is the only "male" she truly ever had control over. Her father apparently is/was in prison and not too involved in her life-out of her control. Her boyfriend in and out of jail since the beginning of their relationship-out of her control. The bio dad,she has some control/leverage here until his new baby is born(again in her mind & if this rumor about him becoming a dad again is true) or she faces potentially losing custody of Colton(if there was already a pending case with CPS or she was aware of bio dad trying to gain custody). Thoughts?

Saw on the fb page talk of a presser at 3pm so searched twitter and saw this

KVUE News ‏@KVUE 11m
.@Austin_Police canceled the press conference for 3 p.m. today regarding the death of Colton Turner.

https://twitter.com/KVUE

TWC News Austin ‏@TWCNewsAustin 22m
THIS JUST IN: The @Austin_Police press conference on the death of #ColtonTurner is canceled. There may be an update tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/TWCNewsAustin

In the affidavit there is a discrepancy in their stories. MT says that they arrived at his work around 9 am and MW shouted for him at 9.30am when he noticed Colton wasn't breathing properly. But further down that page in the affidavit MW says they went to pick up MW's check and arrived between 2pm and 3pm. Am I seeing that correctly?

In the affidavit there is a discrepancy in their stories. MT says that they arrived at his work around 9 am and MW shouted for him at 9.30am when he noticed Colton wasn't breathing properly. But further down that page in the affidavit MW says they went to pick up MW's check and arrived between 2pm and 3pm. Am I seeing that correctly?

That's what I read also.

And, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.......it does. I just had to freakin' read that his MOTHER, the person who is supposed to PROTECT him, slept in a motel room with his little body on the floor all night. And this after having buried him once and deciding it just wasn't deep enough. Are you kidding me?

I just can't either y'all. I'm absolutely beside myself with these details. :(

I will be clearing my schedule for this trial and praying Colton gets the justice he deserves. He deserved so much more than this crap and this is the only thing that can still be done for him.

Sweet guy, I am so sorry this happened to you. :(

Yes, that's how I understood it as well. Which makes me think that neither of them are telling the truth.

Sleeping in a room with his body right there... <censored> :banghead:

Yeah, and that's after they attempted to bury him but decided the grave was too shallow. It makes me feel nauseated at the thought of them hauling that baby's body around like a sack of rubbish.

This will be my first post. Not sure why this case struck a chord with me, i think its because I survived child abuse and cps failed me as well. I know many cases where CPS has not done all they can do for a case. I want to know more about the CPS report filed against the mother.

I followed this story from the first post I saw on facebook where he was missing. I combed through every facebook page of the two parents and all family members and friends. I had a feeling it was another case of severe child abuse and neglect. I somehow knew the moment his photo was posted that he was already in heaven. I am so sad that he spent that long out in the woods without someone realizing.
Now with the latest news... How can a mother make a decision not to take their child to a hospital if they are having a seizure and trouble breathing. Sure kids have accidents and fall down, but this doesnt seem to be an accident, he was abused and suffered. The fact that they slept in a hotel room with their childs body next to them on the floor makes me shake with cold fear- thats cold hearted and heartless.
I do feel bad for Colton's father, he seemed to be a good father who tried his best. He worked, and it appears he was the light in Colton's life - just judging from photos and videos. I think he should be given a break he did not deserve the pain of losing his child. Its messed up how things like this happen and it brings up your past which might not be pretty. Not all humans are saints - sometimes we make mistakes and deserve another chance to make an honest living.
This makes me want to do something in his name. I can not foster kids but I can make a donation to abused or homeless children, something or anything to make my heart not hurt,
COLTON WE CARE! I am so sorry you had to suffer in life :"( Ill be releasing balloons on your birthday this sunday.

The system and CPS failed Colton spectacularly in this case. There needs to be an investigation of CPS and why this happened. This isn't just the fault of the Texas CPS because it's happened too often in other states as well. The child protection system is broken. I'm sorry you are a victim of it. There have been too many victims.

JMO

Unfortunately, it appears that Meagan was living out of her car while CPS was trying to get in contact for an investigation. CPS can not track down suspected abusers with or without the help of law enforcement, there has to have already been an investigation and the allegations substantiated. If only they had been involved from the beginning of this sweet child's life. Obviously, MW has had a drug problem for awhile, and that alone is more than enough to get CPS wayyyy up in your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member