TX TX - Corsicana, near Chambers Creek, UnsFem 2-5, 1052UFTX, clothes, May'77

Camera is loaded and batteries are good to go. Going by modrall if it isn't raining this afternoon and get a picture.

Here are the pictures made today.

Stone furnished by the County of Navarro to mark her grave

100_0563.jpg

Stone donated by an unknown "friend"

100_0564.jpg

Picture of the gravesite:

100_0565.jpg

I noticed also, her grave has settled and has a rectangular sink hole (you can see it if you look carefully in the picture where the 'greenest grass is'... needs to be filled in with dirt before it gets worse.

Thanks for posting these, Gabby.

So heart-breaking...I'm glad someone took it upon themselves to at least give her a proper marker.

There were other child-murders in Texas around the same time, '76 to '77, mostly in the Houston/Galveston area. Suzanne Bower, 12, for instance, who wasnt found until a few years later. Henry Lee Lucas claimed he killed her, but then again he claimed that about everyone.

So heart-breaking...I'm glad someone took it upon themselves to at least give her a proper marker.

There were other child-murders in Texas around the same time, '76 to '77, mostly in the Houston/Galveston area. Suzanne Bower, 12, for instance, who wasnt found until a few years later. Henry Lee Lucas claimed he killed her, but then again he claimed that about everyone.

Judygirl and I are hoping to get this case brought back into the spotlight and maybe we can get some answers... This child deserves a name...

Judy--- any more on Daily Sun running this again? I can contact Bob B. but want you to do this since it is your discovery. You may use my pictures if you wish....

Just a note...Corsicana is on I-45 that runs from Dallas to Houston/Galveston.

Judy--- any more on Daily Sun running this again? I can contact Bob B. but want you to do this since it is your discovery. You may use my pictures if you wish....

Thanks Gabby. No word from the Daily Sun. I did however get everything submitted to the USGenWeb Navarro site. "Ed" is going to place all the articles on there soon, hopefully within the next day or two. http://www.txgenweb6.org/txnavarro/ I'll forward Ed your photos right now too to go along with the space he creates for her.

I will also do a follow up email to the Daily Sun right now as well and include your pics. Maybe B. B. will let me know something then.

Don't worry about my toes. The more the Merrier.

It seems that of the 5 links I sent to him only 1 worked so he requested the information again. This time I scanned the actual articles and emailed them.

They do have interest in pursuing bringing it up again based on another active child death case that goes to trial in Corsicana in early 2009. I assume this case is the rape/ hanging murder of 6 yr. old Hannah Mack.

Ed on the Navarro Co GenWeb site is great. He has spoken at the meetings of the genealogy society before.

If you want--need assistance I will help you... just let me know. I hope that we can get her a name

Yeah, sounds like Hannah Mack... poor little girl

Just a note...Corsicana is on I-45 that runs from Dallas to Houston/Galveston.

Since you mentioned the I-45 corridor, here is some info I posted on the thread about the the "Fort Worth Three" (Rachel Trlica, Julie Ann Moseley, and Renee Wilson) who disappeared from a Fort Worth Mall in December of 1974.

"I came across some info pertaining to this case...

As reported in the Galveston Daily News, March 28 1981, Brazoria County sheriff's dep't investigators, along with Ft. Worth police, were searching a swamp near the town of Alvin for human remains. In 1976, an oil rig worker discovered two skulls and a jaw in the area. But, due to what was termed a "bad search", nothing else was recovered at the time. Due to the election of a new sheriff, several cases were being given a second look. LE believed that the skulls may have had something to do with the disappearance of Trlica, Wilson, and Mosely.

During the search on the 28th, human teeth, vertebrae, two pair of girls' pants and a high school drama book were recovered. The remains were sent to the coroner for dental comparison.

On April 5th, 1981, it was reported that the remains belonged to two girls who had disappeared in 1974 from nearby Dickinson, Texas. Georgia Geer, 14, and Brooks Bracewell, 12, had disappeared without a trace in September while on their way to their school bus stop.

The articles then went on to discuss the possibility that 40 other girls had gone missing and been murdered in the area of Brazoria County and the surrounding counties. By the mid-70's, the bodies of 21 girls who had been reported missing in 1971 and 1972 had been found. In 1974 and 1975, an additional 17 were reported missing. Police had developed a (unnamed) suspect in 1971, who was subsequently killed by police in 1972.

The "official" LE story was that there was nothing substantial to link the cases. Unofficially, detectives were reported to say that there had to be something to it...The girls ranged in age from 12 to 21, most being 14 or 15. Almost all shared the same general physical features; thin builds, long, straight light to medium brown hair parted in the middle.
Almost all were found in or very close to water.

Other articles, dated as late as 2002, compiled missing/recovered/unidentifed victim reports from the area. One report stated that since 1971, 21 girls and women had gone missing along the I-45 corridor through the area, and the LE had recovered the remains of 14. This number includes those found in the Calder Rd "killing field", as discussed in another thread here."

Since you mentioned the I-45 corridor, here is some info I posted on the thread about the the "Fort Worth Three" (Rachel Trlica, Julie Ann Moseley, and Renee Wilson) who disappeared from a Fort Worth Mall in December of 1974.

"I came across some info pertaining to this case...

As reported in the Galveston Daily News, March 28 1981, Brazoria County sheriff's dep't investigators, along with Ft. Worth police, were searching a swamp near the town of Alvin for human remains. In 1976, an oil rig worker discovered two skulls and a jaw in the area. But, due to what was termed a "bad search", nothing else was recovered at the time. Due to the election of a new sheriff, several cases were being given a second look. LE believed that the skulls may have had something to do with the disappearance of Trlica, Wilson, and Mosely.

During the search on the 28th, human teeth, vertebrae, two pair of girls' pants and a high school drama book were recovered. The remains were sent to the coroner for dental comparison.

On April 5th, 1981, it was reported that the remains belonged to two girls who had disappeared in 1974 from nearby Dickinson, Texas. Georgia Geer, 14, and Brooks Bracewell, 12, had disappeared without a trace in September while on their way to their school bus stop.

The articles then went on to discuss the possibility that 40 other girls had gone missing and been murdered in the area of Brazoria County and the surrounding counties. By the mid-70's, the bodies of 21 girls who had been reported missing in 1971 and 1972 had been found. In 1974 and 1975, an additional 17 were reported missing. Police had developed a (unnamed) suspect in 1971, who was subsequently killed by police in 1972.

The "official" LE story was that there was nothing substantial to link the cases. Unofficially, detectives were reported to say that there had to be something to it...The girls ranged in age from 12 to 21, most being 14 or 15. Almost all shared the same general physical features; thin builds, long, straight light to medium brown hair parted in the middle.
Almost all were found in or very close to water.

Other articles, dated as late as 2002, compiled missing/recovered/unidentifed victim reports from the area. One report stated that since 1971, 21 girls and women had gone missing along the I-45 corridor through the area, and the LE had recovered the remains of 14. This number includes those found in the Calder Rd "killing field", as discussed in another thread here."

I think LE thinks the I-45 murders are the work of 4 or 5 different people but don't quote me on that. There is a Texas murderer, Mark Stallings, who confessed to some of them I think but the youngest so far has been 12.

In 1993 a dear friend of mine was murdered. Her husband was charged with the murder but then the DA bribed the husband, the husband called in the Texas Rangers in who wired him and the DA was later sent to prison on bribery charges. He's out now, walks around town, usually intoxicated, mowing lawns in a neighboring county, lol.

The story is that she and her husband had an argument and she left their house on foot. He had taken her keys from her as it was Labor Day weekend and they had been drinking alcohol. She was mad so she left on foot. They lived on the service road on I-45 in Corsicana.

Her body was found wrapped in trash bags, duct tape with chain and concrete cinder blocks attached to her in the Trinity River a week later. Not the MO for a random killing, I wouldn't think, but some have associated this with the I-45 killings which I find really far fetched.

Any evidence against anyone is now so corrupt due to the actions of the DA that I'm sure her murderer will never be brought to justice.

Does this case sound familiar to you Gabby?

I had the opportunity my last day at work to look in the boxes on this case. The photos are horrible. She was such a beautiful and sweet woman.

Ed on the Navarro Co GenWeb site is great. He has spoken at the meetings of the genealogy society before.

If you want--need assistance I will help you... just let me know. I hope that we can get her a name

Yeah, sounds like Hannah Mack... poor little girl

Hey Gabby, have you been reading about the psycho accused of killing little Hannah? Seems he's attempted suicide 3 times so far. He tried to shove a pencil down his throat, he cut his wrist with a piece of plastic and even used the zipper on his prison jumpsuit to cut himself, somehow.

He is being kept in an isolated jail cell completely nude and they're worried about his rights....Gimme a break!

They gave him a sheet but he shoved it in the toilet and the jail had to call Roto-Rooter out.

I'll donate the bullet! I'll also donate the gun. Now that I think about it, I'll even donate my time.

I think LE thinks the I-45 murders are the work of 4 or 5 different people but don't quote me on that. There is a Texas murderer, Mark Stallings, who confessed to some of them I think but the youngest so far has been 12.

In 1993 a dear friend of mine was murdered. Her husband was charged with the murder but then the DA bribed the husband, the husband called in the Texas Rangers in who wired him and the DA was later sent to prison on bribery charges. He's out now, walks around town, usually intoxicated, mowing lawns in a neighboring county, lol.

The story is that she and her husband had an argument and she left their house on foot. He had taken her keys from her as it was Labor Day weekend and they had been drinking alcohol. She was mad so she left on foot. They lived on the service road on I-45 in Corsicana.

Her body was found wrapped in trash bags, duct tape with chain and concrete cinder blocks attached to her in the Trinity River a week later. Not the MO for a random killing, I wouldn't think, but some have associated this with the I-45 killings which I find really far fetched.

Any evidence against anyone is now so corrupt due to the actions of the DA that I'm sure her murderer will never be brought to justice.

Does this case sound familiar to you Gabby?

I had the opportunity my last day at work to look in the boxes on this case. The photos are horrible. She was such a beautiful and sweet woman.

I knew her. Yes, Shelley Watkins.... I don't think it was the husband... I think it was the father in law.

Hey Gabby, have you been reading about the psycho accused of killing little Hannah? Seems he's attempted suicide 3 times so far. He tried to shove a pencil down his throat, he cut his wrist with a piece of plastic and even used the zipper on his prison jumpsuit to cut himself, somehow.

He is being kept in an isolated jail cell completely nude and they're worried about his rights....Gimme a break!

They gave him a sheet but he shoved it in the toilet and the jail had to call Roto-Rooter out.

I'll donate the bullet! I'll also donate the gun. Now that I think about it, I'll even donate my time.

His goose is cooked. If he survives Navarro County Jail, he will die in Huntsville. AS HE SHOULD However, I don't think he was the only person behind this. and the live in boyfriend is still in jail... Things are really being kept too quiet on all this. Something is UP.. IMO

Hi, Welcome,Judy, I have posted this little girl on my missing kids site www.geocities.com/kidmissing . I have given you credit for what I quoted.
Gabby, can I post a link on my site to your pics of her gravesite? I so hope we can help give her her name back and put the monster who did this in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back