TX TX - Corsicana, near Chambers Creek, UnsFem 2-5, 1052UFTX, clothes, May'77

I found an EVP of what sounded like a little white girl that was lost calling for her mommy from a 24 hour wildlife recording I did on Chambers Creek back in September 2011 at the location of this incident. The remains of the approximately 4 year little white girl with an unknown identity was found in debris washed downstream a mile from the same bridge back in May of 1977. I am not into paranormal ghost research but for those interested it very well could be the voice of this lost child. The time of the EVP was 11:15 PM deep in the forested creek bottoms at a dead end dirt road several miles from the nearest rural home. Lots of wildlife is recorded throughout the night. Owls, coyotes, feral hogs and such are recorded as well. No place a little girl would be at night I assure you. Listen to EVP at box.com link.

http://www.box.com/s/uvcajxrutu4z44ko4ztt

Listen with headphones if you can at 2 and 9 seconds in.

My thought is that she was killed there and keep in mind that her remains were complete other than one foot missing which the only thing I could think of was that the murderer tied a cinder block or something to her ankle and sunk her in the water at the bridge. After decomposition began , the next big rain flood in the creek with all the dead wood debris would have broke her loose from the bottom and detaching her foot at point where tied off and pushed her downstream. If this sound is real it might be her ghost looking and calling for her mommy either way. I am not into paranormal research but wildlife audio collecting found this. I new nothing about this incident until after finding this in my recording , I did some web searches for a topic like this and found out about this website afterwards. It seemed as if it happened for a reason to bring the case back up and try to solve it. I have a young officer friend who works for the Corsicana PD and may ask him if its possible to get her DNA from the grave and get it into a database to look for relatives.

I am not into paranormal research but wildlife audio collecting found this. I new nothing about this incident until after finding this in my recording , I did some web searches for a topic like this and found out about this website afterwards. It seemed as if it happened for a reason to bring the case back up and try to solve it. I have a young officer friend who works for the Corsicana PD and may ask him if its possible to get her DNA from the grave and get it into a database to look for relatives.

I listened, and heard "Mommy!" about two seconds in. Spooky. (Edited to add, I thought I also heard what sounded like "Mom!" at nine seconds, but it could've been an animal noise?)

Regarding the part of your post I bolded, I think it would be awesome if you asked your officer friend about this case. I feel like the more people we tell about this little girl, the better chance she has of someone taking a new look at her case, be it LE (law enforcement) or media.

Unidentifieds always tug at my heartstrings, but especially the children. This child's parents may not have cared about her, but someone did. Someone noticed when she disappeared, be it a neighbor, a friend/playmate, an aunt/uncle, a teacher if she went to school, etc. We need to reach those people somehow.

I spoke to my Corsicana officer friend today about what it would take and he said I would have to get a hold of the county sheriff. If they were willing to reopen this case which seems slim, the place they send DNA to in Waco is backed up for years. He thought the only way they might reopen it would be if it hit the media and alot of publicity and PR issues if they didnt? Maybe I could ask them to look into it and if they don't respond, try to get it taken up by a special report on KDFW Fox New (Dallas/FtWorth) about the case to ask for anybody knowing of girl that went missing back then and pressure Navarro county to pursue this?

I spoke to my Corsicana officer friend today about what it would take and he said I would have to get a hold of the county sheriff. If they were willing to reopen this case which seems slim, the place they send DNA to in Waco is backed up for years. He thought the only way they might reopen it would be if it hit the media and alot of publicity and PR issues if they didnt? Maybe I could ask them to look into it and if they don't respond, try to get it taken up by a special report on KDFW Fox New (Dallas/FtWorth) about the case to ask for anybody knowing of girl that went missing back then and pressure Navarro county to pursue this?

May I suggest that around September 1 you go to your local ABC or CBS affiliate and pitch this as a great "Halloween" feature. I know that sounds horrid and sensational, but it should work. The media loves this sort of thing around Halloween. It will give them time to investigate, and put together a story. Have your Police officer friend help, or they'll just think you are a crackpot. Good luck!

May I suggest that around September 1 you go to your local ABC or CBS affiliate and pitch this as a great "Halloween" feature. I know that sounds horrid and sensational, but it should work. The media loves this sort of thing around Halloween. It will give them time to investigate, and put together a story. Have your Police officer friend help, or they'll just think you are a crackpot. Good luck!

That's a great idea. Use the "spooky" angle to get coverage. A case this old has to have a twist to get coverage it seems. This could be this case's.

You might need to contact these shows earlier than September 1. I believe that every crime show has their entire season planned and probably filmed too before the first episode airs. The new season for 48 Hours (which is just one of many crime shows) starts in September so it's best to contact them very soon.

I was just thinking about this little "Corsicana Angel" and stopped by to post and let her "know" I'm praying for her. She is not forgotten.

I found an EVP of what sounded like a little white girl that was lost calling for her mommy from a 24 hour wildlife recording I did on Chambers Creek back in September 2011 at the location of this incident. The remains of the approximately 4 year little white girl with an unknown identity was found in debris washed downstream a mile from the same bridge back in May of 1977. I am not into paranormal ghost research but for those interested it very well could be the voice of this lost child. The time of the EVP was 11:15 PM deep in the forested creek bottoms at a dead end dirt road several miles from the nearest rural home. Lots of wildlife is recorded throughout the night. Owls, coyotes, feral hogs and such are recorded as well. No place a little girl would be at night I assure you. Listen to EVP at box.com link.

My thought is that she was killed there and keep in mind that her remains were complete other than one foot missing which the only thing I could think of was that the murderer tied a cinder block or something to her ankle and sunk her in the water at the bridge. After decomposition began , the next big rain flood in the creek with all the dead wood debris would have broke her loose from the bottom and detaching her foot at point where tied off and pushed her downstream. If this sound is real it might be her ghost looking and calling for her mommy either way. I am not into paranormal research but wildlife audio collecting found this. I new nothing about this incident until after finding this in my recording , I did some web searches for a topic like this and found out about this website afterwards. It seemed as if it happened for a reason to bring the case back up and try to solve it. I have a young officer friend who works for the Corsicana PD and may ask him if its possible to get her DNA from the grave and get it into a database to look for relatives.

Lord have Mercy! I just listened to the EVP for the first time and that is absolutely the clearest I have ever heard....."Mommy.....mommy!" It sounded like a child that was lost...crying out. There are different types of "Mommy!" crys, and this was a definite "I'm lost, where are you Mommy!" type of cry. I have goose bumps. Now I know what she sounds like. Her little soul is lost. This is so sad. Was the mother murdered too?

It occurred to me that this "throw away" child who can't be identified, might have been a "hidden" child that no one knew about. Back in the day, children who were "different" or who had "special needs" were often times hidden or locked away. I could imagine a scenario where someone lost their temper coping with such a child, intentionally or accidentally killed, and then disposed of them. This possibility makes sense to me since no one has any recollection of a missing child. I wonder if there any rumors about a family with a "different" child?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back