Found Alive TX - Courtney Roland, 29, Houston, 6 Jan 2018

RSBM. I'm not crazy about that headline. Seems judgey to me.

Well, the whole thing did seem to come across like a plablisity stunt. Even from the begining . I'm guessing to get some clicks on a website.

Well, the whole thing did seem to come across like a plablisity stunt. Even from the begining . I'm guessing to get some clicks on a website.

I doubt it was a publicity stunt, given the ending. She didn't heroically free herself from abductors and the situation ended too quickly. Despite the saying, there is such a thing as bad publicity. IMO.

I'm not doubting her story but I don't understand how that happened. Is there someone here with a medical background who can give a layman's explanation of what might have happened in a little detail?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I have enough background to tell you it is very difficult to speculate on what might have happened, only that what is described does happen sometimes. People can have reactions to medication unexpectedly - either changes in dose to a medication they already are taking, interactions when new medications are added, or reactions to a new medicine. We think of side effects like a rash, stomach upset, etc but often neglect to think about or mention rarer but more disturbing side effects like hallucinations, psychotic episodes, suicidal ideas, etc.

Just by way of example, we are in the middle of a bad flu season. Tamiflu causes rare instances of hallucinations and bizarre behavior. So can many commonly used antibiotics. So can the smoking cessation drug Chantix. It's entirely possible she was given a new prescription and had this sort of bad reaction as described.

So her story is entirely within the realm of medical possibility. There is really no reason to question her story or cast doubt on her after what was no doubt a frightening episode. I'm just glad she was found safe and hope she's doing well now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I doubt it was a publicity stunt, given the ending. She didn't heroically free herself from abductors and the situation ended too quickly. Despite the saying, there is such a thing as bad publicity. IMO.

As soon as I started reading this thread, that was the first impression in my mind. Everything just seemed so unbelievable, and was unfolding so quickly.

I have enough background to tell you it is very difficult to speculate on what might have happened, only that what is described does happen sometimes. People can have reactions to medication unexpectedly - either changes in dose to a medication they already are taking, interactions when new medications are added, or reactions to a new medicine. We think of side effects like a rash, stomach upset, etc but often neglect to think about or mention rarer but more disturbing side effects like hallucinations, psychotic episodes, suicidal ideas, etc.

Just by way of example, we are in the middle of a bad flu season. Tamiflu causes rare instances of hallucinations and bizarre behavior. So can many commonly used antibiotics. So can the smoking cessation drug Chantix. It's entirely possible she was given a new prescription and had this sort of bad reaction as described.

So her story is entirely within the realm of medical possibility. There is really no reason to question her story or cast doubt on her after what was no doubt a frightening episode. I'm just glad she was found safe and hope she's doing well now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply, I really appreciate it!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back