GUILTY TX - Deanna Cook, 32, murder recorded on 911 call, Balch Springs, 17 Aug 2012

Sarah Mervosh ✔ @smervosh

Defense: Patrick is a son, brother, father. He has been in jail for 1,011 days & had only one disciplinary incident.

Defense shows photos of Patrick as a young man on the swim team, kissing his daughter when she was a baby. "Keep this in mind."

Defense asks jury to assess minimum punishment of 5 years for murder of #DeannaCook

Prosecutor: We proved that Patrick had prior conviction/ time in prison. So punishment range should start at minimum 15 years.

Prosecutor: "The cold-blooded brutality of this crime - standing alone - justifies a life sentence." #DeannaCook

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 · now22 seconds ago
Stock says this is the chance to insure #DeannaCook is #DelvecchioPatrick last victim @NBCDFW

Prosecutor: "Primary goal is to do whatever we can to ensure Deanna Cook is his last victim... & there's really only 1 way you can do that."

Prosecutor playing 911 call for 3rd time in trial. #DeannaCook's family leaves, crying. A woman storms out - "He can burn in hell."

A gurgle. A muffled cry. A shriek for mercy: "Delvecchio, please!" #DeannaCook's desperate voice fills this standing-room-only courtroom.

Prosecutor to jury: "I'm asking you to show him the same mercy & leniency he showed her. Send him away." pic.twitter.com/vewftW62fr

Jury went back to deliberate punishment at 2:07 p.m. #DeannaCook

Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa · 7m7 minutes ago
The jury has just asked for a 20 minute break. They have been deliberating Patrick's sentence for an hour and 45 minutes. #deannacook

Sarah Mervosh ‏@smervosh · 23s23 seconds ago  Dallas, TX
We have a verdict in the #DeannaCook trial. Jury will announce punishment for Delvecchio Patrick. He faces from 5 to 99 years in prison.

A Dallas County jury has sentenced Delvecchio Patrick to 85 YEARS IN PRISON for the murder of #DeannaCook pic.twitter.com/92aGBrVIO5

Sarah Mervosh ‏@smervosh · 30s30 seconds ago  Dallas, TX
Jury of 7 women & 5 men deliberated for about 2 hours before sentencing Patrick to 85 years. They also assessed a $10,000 fine. #DeannaCook

Patrick adjusted suit collar before hearing verdict. He did not visibly react, but whispered & smiled to attorney on way out of courtroom.

Victim impact. #DeannaCook's daughter: "You can stop whining. You need to face reality. You're about to be locked up & rot away in jail."

Victim impact, #DeannaCook's daughter: "I hope you get raped. You laugh, but it's not funny. I don't like you."

Her other daughter said "hopefully this will be a big change for all domestic violence victims." #DeannaCook

Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa · 5m5 minutes ago
Cook's daughter told Patrick "For you to sit there and smile is disrespectful. You took my mother". #DeannaCook

Defendant Delvecchio Patrick is eligible for parole in 30 years for the death of #DeannaCook pic.twitter.com/X3xcpUarQ2

A Dallas County jury has sentenced Delvecchio Patrick to 85 YEARS IN PRISON for the murder of #DeannaCook pic.twitter.com/92aGBrVIO5

So glad to hear this. Deanna's story is seriously tragic. RIP. I hope her family feels some sense of justice.

#DeannaCook's family put tape over their mouths to signify her voice being silenced. Purple = color of DV awareness pic.twitter.com/TpQJL5a4lS

#DeannaCook's mother does a celebratory dance after the jury sentenced her daughter's killer to 85 years in prison

⌘ Show Media

Dallas Co. prosecutors Kendall Castello, Bree West & Trey Stock with mother Vickie Cook. She told them, "I can rest." pic.twitter.com/AWN4k3hPzn

Sarah Mervosh ‏@smervosh · now32 seconds ago  Dallas, TX
I've learned that defendant Patrick flipped off #DeannaCook's daughter during her victim impact statement. "*advertiser censored** you, too," she told him.
---

Piece of work, isn't he?

Lead prosecutor Trey Stock watched as family whooped, danced & celebrated after trial. "It's why I do this job." pic.twitter.com/JWBsBC6cQS

Thanks for sharing all of this @geevee I am hoping they at least stream the penalty phase, like what are they hiding. Kinda annoys me lol but rules are rules.

As for his mother saying he did not kill deanna but she respects their decision. Guess she is pretending it's someone else on that 911 call. I can understand defending your son, but do not take the stand and show no compassion for an an abused woman. Sickening to me

85 years well I never expected anything less so thank God for the jury. I do wish torture of some kind could be involved. Oh well may he rott and die a slow death as deanna did. Can't believe he smiled like it's funny, just horrible. Feel so bad for the daughters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back