Found Deceased TX - Delano Burkes, 26, missing after night out with friends, went to use the bathroom, seen running, Houston, 13 Nov 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
d10e4fed-0c51-4f41-8d7a-cda66984b158_1920x1080.jpg

HOUSTON — Passing out flyers with his name and picture in a busy Heights neighborhood, the family of Delano Burkes, 26, continues searching.

It's been nearly five days after they said he went missing early Sunday morning. He was last seen on surveillance around 1 a.m.

“We don’t know what happened. It’s like a mystery. He just disappeared," mother Karen Jeffley said.

More at 'Something's wrong' | Family members worried about man who hasn't been seen since night out in Houston

d10e4fed-0c51-4f41-8d7a-cda66984b158_1920x1080.jpg

HOUSTON — Passing out flyers with his name and picture in a busy Heights neighborhood, the family of Delano Burkes, 26, continues searching.

It's been nearly five days after they said he went missing early Sunday morning. He was last seen on surveillance around 1 a.m.

“We don’t know what happened. It’s like a mystery. He just disappeared," mother Karen Jeffley said.

More at 'Something's wrong' | Family members worried about man who hasn't been seen since night out in Houston
From the linked article: “They said a video they obtained shows Delano leaving McIntyre’s after he was asked to leave and then appearing to run and stumble in more videos they got from other nearby businesses.”

I wonder why he was asked to leave? And his friends left with HIS car and didn’t bother to sound the alarm until a day later that they never saw or heard from him again? Sketchy.

From the linked article: “They said a video they obtained shows Delano leaving McIntyre’s after he was asked to leave and then appearing to run and stumble in more videos they got from other nearby businesses.”

I wonder why he was asked to leave? And his friends left with HIS car and didn’t bother to sound the alarm until a day later that they never saw or heard from him again? Sketchy.
I agree, why did his friends just leave and in his car no less?

Sounds like he was maybe drunk, a friend was the designated driver. Maybe the place he went into asked him to leave because he was intoxicated? Especially if he was just there to use the restroom and not purchase anything. Or maybe he got into it with someone and that’s why they asked him to leave? Weird that his friends just left him though. Anyone know this area? What’s it like?

Sounds like he was maybe drunk, a friend was the designated driver. Maybe the place he went into asked him to leave because he was intoxicated? Especially if he was just there to use the restroom and not purchase anything. Or maybe he got into it with someone and that’s why they asked him to leave? Weird that his friends just left him though. Anyone know this area? What’s it like?
I live about 4 miles away. The area where he went missing is nice, in a well-established and desirable part of town to live in. The bar is several blocks away from a bayou with a miles-long park on both sides that bisects the area. Not sure how well-lit that area of the park is at night.

I live about 4 miles away. The area where he went missing is nice, in a well-established and desirable part of town to live in. The bar is several blocks away from a bayou with a miles-long park on both sides that bisects the area. Not sure how well-lit that area of the park is at night.
Is his story being talked about over there? I can barely find anything on it.

Oh, a bayou close by? This is not good, hopefully Delano didn't fall in.

I hope his friends are being questioned. This is crazy. Who just let's their friend leave on their own in the condition he was clearly in? The Heights is a nice part of town but it's still Houston and the crime rate here is skyrocketing. I hope he is found soon. It's not looking good.

Well he's got a little bit of a record and is on deferred adjudication as of 16 days ago but I don't think that anything in his record would lead to voluntary disappearance. And if he was gonna disappear voluntarily I don't think he would be running around in the silly way he was. Based on the video and his record, I think he was high or drunk and either fell into the bayou (most likely) or hurt himself in the woods surrounding the bayou. The running/stumbling just looks like someone in an altered and well.. happy state of mind to me. Unfortunately it's been crazy cold here for the last week, so the odds of survival if he's injured aren't good at all.

I suspect his friends just got tired of trying to corral him and left, probably figuring he met someone and left with them. I'll be praying for the mom and wife. I myself partied a little too hard when I was his age and was just plain lucky that I didn't get myself into a life-endangering situation.

1668795290368.png

Last edited:
According to the Houston Police Department, Delano Burkes, just after 12:30 a.m. on Nov. 13, leaving McIntyre's Bar on West 20th Street, where several bars are located.

As of Friday, Burkes has not been seen or heard from as the nonprofit organization Texas EquuSearch sent a small team to a wooded area near White Oak Bay Bike Path along East TC Jester, which is less than a mile away from where he was last seen.

Being from New Orleans, I have been around a lot of heavy drinking. I am not willing to blame the friends yet. Someone else driving the car could have been because he has a dui and they DO care about him. Drunken adults are not easy to reason with or corral. If he said he was going to the bathroom and then went next door. And then got kicked out for things his friends didn't even probably know about! It's not their fault. It's always odd to me how people think a friend of an adult drinker is able to make them act in a sober/ responsible manner. I think friends generally try to do their best, but adults are responsible for themselves.

As a side note, that running looks like mental health or drug use. I think the video would show if someone was chasing him.

I hope he's OK and gets home soon. I also hope his friends are shown some grace, unless they become suspects. It's really difficult to be a good friend to an over drinker.

rbbm
''Surveillance video obtained by the family from nearby businesses shows Burkes leaving McIntyre’s and then running. Burkes can be seen running alone and stumbling, almost with a limp.''

"Someone gave him a drink," said Monee Burkes, Delano’s sister. "Then, you see him hours later running down the street. It looks like he’s running from someone to me."

"The way he was fumbling around almost looked like he was drugged or something," said Jeffley. "Also, people keep bringing up, it looks like his side was hurting."

Burkes owns his own real estate investment company. His mother describes him as loving, generous, and gentle.''

"I’m keeping faith that he’s somewhere and we’re going to find him," said Jeffley. "Maybe, he’s at a hospital somewhere. He didn't have his ID on him. So, maybe he’s out there under a John Doe or something like that."

From the immediately previous post :
" "Someone gave him a drink", said Monee Burkes, Delano's sister. "

Reminds me of the case of Matej Peris (thread findable on websleuths) who apparentally got roofied via a drink - ended up running around the streets & drowned after trying to swim down a river.

Delano Burkes may have experienced similar mental confusion a while after being roofied as the drug kicked in - if he stumbled around and passed out, is the weather there cold enough for him to have died of exposure in some woods?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back