GUILTY TX - Diane Tilly, 58, Alamo Heights, 22 Nov 2004

This girl never had a chance in life, but I am in no way giving her a pass for her part in this. The father is pure evil. If we were able to go back and check out his early life, he is probably a product of his own environment, and it goes on and on. How on earth do we stop it? And I don't want to hear a word from him about mental retardation. We have a murderer here in Ohio now claiming the same thing, but he has been smart enough to continually fire his lawyers and write rational letters to the courts. And his victim has been dead for about 20 years now. Wonder if we could sneak him into a Texas prison? They would put an end to his nonsense.

Opie said:
This girl never had a chance in life, but I am in no way giving her a pass for her part in this. The father is pure evil. If we were able to go back and check out his early life, he is probably a product of his own environment, and it goes on and on. How on earth do we stop it? And I don't want to hear a word from him about mental retardation. We have a murderer here in Ohio now claiming the same thing, but he has been smart enough to continually fire his lawyers and write rational letters to the courts. And his victim has been dead for about 20 years now. Wonder if we could sneak him into a Texas prison? They would put an end to his nonsense.

We stop it right here with the daughter. I believe her baby was put up for adoption and hopfully it was adopted by loving parents where there is no abuse..just love and bounderys and a safe and secure home. Hopfully this baby will break the chain of abuse between father, daughter, and the little guy.

I will never for the life of me understand why a person is given a 30 year sentence but will only have to serve THREE YEARS if she is a good girl. That is nothing and she was just as involved as her father was. She went to Diane Tilly's home knowing what they were going to do. It isn't like they got there and all of a sudden her father decided to murder Diane. Besides that, where is this girl going to be placed when she gets out in three years? Back to her relatives? Her mothers? Her grandmother isn't going to want her back. Look at the influence she was on her younger sister. This girl needs lots of help. She needs to be in therapy for years and maybe she will have a chance. I guess it just depends on how bad she wants to learn to understand herself and why she did the things that she did. She has to want to change.

I would imagine that this girl and the baby were tested for HIV. I hope neither of them have it.

Sounds to me there are an awful lot of people in this story getting off scott free. What about the relatives who molested this girl. They haven't stopped molesting kids. It might help this girl if those that helped damage her are held accountable.

I hope that Ronnie dies a slow death by aids. I hope he dies inch by inch and is in terrible pain. He can't suffer enough for what he did to his daughter, probably his younger daughter, and Diane Tilly. He is just pure evil.

This child had absolutely no chance in life. By the name she reached Tilly's home she was numb. There was nothing left of her. We're talking about a developing child who was abused by mother, father, uncles and practically anyone in the room with her. Her mother was a prostitute and a drug addict who couldn't keep her children. Her father was a violent child molesting murderer. We think she should have been able to tell right from wrong. She may have, but I doubt she had the ability to act on it.

Unless we agree with executing minors, most of these kids who commit heinous crimes are going to be out on the street some day. We need to stop the cycle of violence. Yes, this child needs to be locked up for a while, but she also needs counseling and treatment that she will never get in an adult lock up. I don't know the solution, but I know locking her away forever isn't it.

how can she only serve 3 yrs? I didn't know about that. Maybe a misprint?

Pearl was 15 at the time of sentencing...3 years until she's 18 and if she gets counseling and behaves, she will be released.

As I research this case, I find that Ronnie Joe was mistakenly released from the Rusk county jail 5 days prior to Diane Tilly's murder. When the courts found the error, they issued a warrant. How many times have I heard that? Neal had been caught with a weapon in jail, a sharpened toothbrush, and LE had also confiscated a letter to his then-girlfriend asking her to smuggle him a gun. But due to some glitch they reversed the weapon charges - and released him! And because of that error, Diane Tilly is dead.

partyuv5 said:
how can she only serve 3 yrs? I didn't know about that. Maybe a misprint?

Usually they have to serve at least 1/3 of their sentence which for her would be 10 years....not three. I hope it was a misprint.

That happens to many times and usually when it does someone ends up dead.
If I were Diane Tilly's family I wouldn't let this go by. I would file a civil suit for Wrongful Death. I look at the picture of Diane Tilly and you can just tell that she was a nice person. I can't even imagine everything that she went through before he murdered her. So darn needless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back