TX TX - Dimitri Perez, 24, new dad, left on foot, didn't take anything, Leakey, Real Co, 14 Apr 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
REAL COUNTY -- Brandi Pichardo says she is desperate to find her missing son 24-year-old Dimitri Perez.

"Of course as more time goes by, the more worried I am, " said Pichardo.

Dimitri Perez who lives in Leakey, about a hundred miles from San Antonio hasn't been seen since April 14, 2022.

More at Search for area man missing for a month, Help Us Find: Dimitri Perez (pic at the link).

The area is very rural. The entire Real County has a population of less than 3000 people.

RSBM
...on the week her son went missing he'd just started a new job, and he also has a 10-month-old daughter. [snip] ...left his vehicle and his wallet. "He did not take his debit card, he did not take his cell phone, nothing, "
#Still more at link above.

What are the circumstances surrounding Dimitri's disappearance? Who last saw him and where was he? Did someone see him leave on foot or are folks assuming he did since his vehicle was left behind? If he was seen leaving on foot, it's possible he was struck by a vehicle. I hope investigators are checking in with nearby auto body shops or asking folks to report any vehicles with new damage. I'd like to know more about the new job. Where was he working? When did his co-workers and bosses last see him? Any sketchy characters employed at the same place? I agree with his mom, someone knows something. MOO

.....What are the circumstances surrounding Dimitri's disappearance? Who last saw him and where was he? Did someone see him leave on foot or are folks assuming he did since his vehicle was left behind? If he was seen leaving on foot, it's possible he was struck by a vehicle. I hope investigators are checking in with nearby auto body shops or asking folks to report any vehicles with new damage. I'd like to know more about the new job. Where was he working? When did his co-workers and bosses last see him? Any sketchy characters employed at the same place? ........
Quote Truncated By Me

I'm sure any diligent LE would be asking those very things. Let's hope they are diligent.

There are usually 2 reasons people leave behind their belongings.
1. They are taken against their will.
2. They are meeting with someone they don't trust.
There are so many questions that I have about this case.
For starters, what was his relationship with the mother of his daughter?
Who was caring for his daughter when he went missing?

SBM

Dimitri Perez went missing April 14th. He was last seen at the blinking lights at Regan Wells off Hwy 83 in Leakey.

ETA - Links to WS threads for Jordan and Brittany.

SBM

Dimitri Perez went missing April 14th. He was last seen at the blinking lights at Regan Wells off Hwy 83 in Leakey.
<snipped>

Mom's flyer also adds no shirt, no shoes when last seen. Everything about these cases sounds scarier and scarier to me MOO JMO.

This flyer brings up one question though - all articles say missing since April 14 which was a Thursday, but Mom's flyer shows last seen "Sunday morning at 6:45AM"? Strange.

1657140408321.png

Dimitri's mom runs the Bring Dimitri Home FB page. The most recent post was back on 13 Aug when she asked for prayers for the EquuSearch teams who were looking for Dimitri. I hope she posts an update soon on any progress that has been made in his case.

The Little Dry Frio Rd sighting (4/14) and Hwy 83 & Ranch Road 1051 sighting appear (4/17) to be from tips / reports from people driving by that think they saw him.

If we assume those are actually cases of mistake identity, then that leaves the initial report of him walking down Rio Frio 6am-9am on 4/14. But has that even been confirmed? What’s the source of that information? I’ve looked through all the public social media posts from Dimitri’s Mom and sister; they don’t mention seeing or hearing from him the day he went missing. There’s no mention of why its thought he set off on foot the morning of 4/14. I was expecting to see something like "He texted that he was walking over to my house but he never showed up; so, I went to his place to check on him, and found his phone and wallet, but he wasn’t there".

The reason I bring this up is because it seems like we don’t actually have a confirmed Last Known Location for Dimitri.

If he really did set off on foot without phone and wallet, some possible reasons could be: 1.) going for a run; 2.) going swimming. I’ve left my phone and wallet to do both. Its not clear if he had shoes or not, but there’s some speculation he have been without shoes or took them off at some point. If so, I think that’s consistent with him going for an early morning swim.

Still missing.

Dimitri's NAMUS page:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member